Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    They never were difficult
    Oondasta was near impossible when he first was released. I remember multiple raids trying to kill him at once and just a sea of skeletons all over the island from the wipes.. Good times.

World Bosses aren't difficult because they're WORLD bosses. It's nigh impossible to properly balance in open world content, because anything can happen there - not only do you run the risk of having the other faction or random troll players interfere in some way, but there's also the fact that you could just get 200 players or whatever and throw off any balancing.

Not to mention that random spawns in the open lead to all sorts of nightmares when it comes to scheduling, so respawn times have to be low or people will never get to do the bosses.

Honestly, at this point I feel the entire concept of world bosses has outlived its usefulness. You want to do some big entry-level encounter, do something like Vault of Archavon. That worked a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

Honestly, at this point I feel the entire concept of world bosses has outlived its usefulness. You want to do some big entry-level encounter, do something like Vault of Archavon. That worked a lot better.
    Totally agree the Wintergrasp one and subsequent versions i thought were really, really cool. Perfect? no. But certainly a lot more interesting, engaging, and entertaining than random crap we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And i have never understood why people comment without reading the OP. The op is basing the entire thread on their opinion that bosses were much harder in the past, and spoke specifically about one they described as an "absolute monster of a world boss", indicating a high level of difficulty, and that the bosses have become much easier.
    I was talking about the logic, not about the opinion. People use the excuse "it was never hard" to justify difficulty changes like it's not a completely brain dead excuse. I mean that literally. Just thinking it over a few seconds just shows how empty an excuse it is. Difficulty has always been relative. Just because a game has a 5/10 difficulty doesn't mean it gets to drop to a 2/10 difficulty because it never passed that 6/10 threshold of difficulty to be considered "hard." Bear in mind these numbers are arbitrary.

People use this shit for Pokemon games. They're easier than ever before, and not liking that is an opinion. However, countering that opinion with "they were never hard" is stupid as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    I was talking about the logic, not about the opinion. People use the excuse "it was never hard" to justify difficulty changes like it's not a completely brain dead excuse. I mean that literally. Just thinking it over a few seconds just shows how empty an excuse it is. Difficulty has always been relative. Just because a game has a 5/10 difficulty doesn't mean it gets to drop to a 2/10 difficulty because it never passed that 6/10 threshold of difficulty to be considered "hard." Bear in mind these numbers are arbitrary.

People use this shit for Pokemon games. They're easier than ever before, and not liking that is an opinion. However, countering that opinion with "they were never hard" is stupid as fuck.
    That would make sense were the thread title not literally "Why aren't World Bosses difficult ANYMORE" (emphasis added) - which makes the assumption that they were difficult at some point. If the thread said "Why are World Bosses a lot easier now", that'd be a very different discussion.

World bosses may have been more difficult than they are now; however they were never difficult relative to overall PvE content. In fact, they were the easiest large-group PvE content, back then as they are now.

"The only difficult content WoW has ever had is the current raid i'm in right now. All other content was EZ and its just your blind nostalgia making you think it was hard."

-Retail raiders.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That would make sense were the thread title not literally "Why aren't World Bosses difficult ANYMORE" (emphasis added) - which makes the assumption that they were difficult at some point. If the thread said "Why are World Bosses a lot easier now", that'd be a very different discussion.

World bosses may have been more difficult than they are now; however they were never difficult relative to overall PvE content. In fact, they were the easiest large-group PvE content, back then as they are now.
    Why does the relative to PVE matter? What if OP never does instanced PVE content? It's pointless to go through all these hoops to justify something like this when difficulty has always been relative to the person making the point and using "it never was" is not a justifiable response under any circumstance with minimal information known.

Good god what an absolute clusterfuck of word salad. Are you SURE you mean LITERALLY brain dead? and not figuratively brain dead? You still fail to understand why you are wrong here. Its not even that complicated - the person even names the boss they are using in their comparison.

Lets make this very clear - it if you that is having the logical and reading comprehension issues here - everyone else seems to understand the premise of the thread, but not you. Its you.

Eh, a difficult open world boss that spawns quick like current ones? Maybe, it'll just get zerged though, like oon did. They kinda need to limit tap to one raid.

But rare contested world bosses are just cancer, ESPECIALLY on pvp. My worst memorys of wow classic are multi-hour poop fests between the factions over Kazzak. Some people love that shit, but count me out.

Good god what an absolute clusterfuck of word salad. Are you SURE you mean LITERALLY brain dead? and not figuratively brain dead? You still fail to understand why you are wrong here. Its not even that complicated - the person even names the boss they are using in their comparison.

Lets make this very clear - it if you that is having the logical and reading comprehension issues here - everyone else seems to understand the premise of the thread, but not you. Its you.
    You can't understand that what's easy to you might not be as easy to someone else huh

Talk about some arrogance lmao

7+ Year Old Account
    Reset/leash but yes, this is an issue with any world boss, and is in no way at all unique to a difficult boss. As such, this is entirely irrelevant.
    except if its easy then its not a problem, cause you just kill theboss before someone can do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

You can't understand that what's easy to you might not be as easy to someone else huh

Talk about some arrogance lmao
    The op is comparing the difficulty of one boss to the difficulty of newer versions of the same boss. Same player, same common denominator. Try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    except if its easy then its not a problem, cause you just kill theboss before someone can do it.
    I have personally reset the warfront bosses numerous times. This still happens very frequently. I have also had to taunt on CD to keep someone else from resetting the current batch of world bosses. If this hasnt happened to you either someone is taunting it back on cd, or, you just dont kill them often.

It doesnt happen on every single kill - but not far from it

Oondasta was interesting, but world bosses were never really intentionally difficult.
    They can be killed with thousands of people if need be, and you can rez in combat.

By default they are easy, so that's that really.
    Oondasta really was the exception.
    There has never really been a world boss that hard before or after.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Oondasta was interesting, but world bosses were never really intentionally difficult.
    They can be killed with thousands of people if need be, and you can rez in combat.

there was some blue posts floating around from mop about how they intentionally made him the exception to the rule - blizzard made it quite clear he was intentionally far more difficult than other world bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post

I forget the exact names of the 4 green classic dragons, but at least 2 of them were legitimately challenging.

Why does the relative to PVE matter? What if OP never does instanced PVE content? It's pointless to go through all these hoops to justify something like this when difficulty has always been relative to the person making the point and using "it never was" is not a justifiable response under any circumstance with minimal information known.
    Because if you consider everything subjective without any common grounds for comparison then why even bother having a discussion. You could silver-bullet everything with "but what if OP is <insert subjective position>" and invalidate any argument from the get-go.

If you want to make a discussion like that, fine - but make that clear. Make a thread titled "why don't I find world bosses challenging anymore" or "world bosses used to be difficult for me, now they're not" or whatever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Beause most people joining a world boss fight have 50 IQ at most, and die to incredibly stupid things. If it's a hard world boss, people would get punished for people dying to it.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    Some of my best memories in this game are getting groups to face against Oondasta, who was an absolute monster of a world boss. These days, World bosses are nothing more than loot pinatas. In the past 2 expansions there isnt a single world boss that has been memorable in any way.

IMO most if not all world bosses should be somewhere near as difficult as Oondasta. Maybe not quite as difficult, but somewhere near it.
    The only thing that made Oondasta seem difficult was its Spiritfire Beam that would chain nearly endlessly if your raid didn't spread out properly, the entire raid could be damaged by it. The beam could bounce up to 99 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    No world boss that I can remember has ever only spawned once a week since vanilla and even then I think it was only the green dragons that odd their odd rotation thing Oondastas spawn timer was 2 hours at first it might have been dropped to 15mins like some of the other MOP mount bosses. As for world boss difficulty their has not been a difficult world boss since vanilla.
    Oondasta and Galleon were both 1 week spawn timers about, maybe twice a week. They were only changed later.

Oondasta was about 2 weeks after it seems.
    "Hotfix (2013-03-21): "Oondastas for everyone! Oondasta now respawns much more frequently."

Hotfix (2016-07-29): "Spawn timer reduced to 15 minutes."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Oondasta

"Oondasta is located on the Isle of Giants, in the North of Kun-Lai Summit. He spawns in the center of the Isle of Giants.

We are unsure as of yet what the respawn timer of this boss is, but Blizzard have stated that this boss is meant to be rare, in a similar sense to Galleon, so we may find that he only spawns once or twice per lockout."

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/oondasta-strategy-guide

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    "The only difficult content WoW has ever had is the current raid i'm in right now. All other content was EZ and its just your blind nostalgia making you think it was hard."

-Retail raiders.
    The only content that was hard was content that is over a decade old when I played in vanilla.

-Vanilla raiders who were 14 when the game came come.

Fuck back off to your classic forum shit post somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oondasta and Galleon were both 1 week spawn timers about, maybe twice a week. They were only changed later.

Oondasta was about 2 weeks after it seems.
    "Hotfix (2013-03-21): "Oondastas for everyone! Oondasta now respawns much more frequently."

Hotfix (2016-07-29): "Spawn timer reduced to 15 minutes."

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Oondasta

"Oondasta is located on the Isle of Giants, in the North of Kun-Lai Summit. He spawns in the center of the Isle of Giants.

We are unsure as of yet what the respawn timer of this boss is, but Blizzard have stated that this boss is meant to be rare, in a similar sense to Galleon, so we may find that he only spawns once or twice per lockout."

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/oondasta-strategy-guide
    Did you even read what you qouted? It was never like that it may have been longer then sha was but it was never once a week.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2019-06-20 at 03:45 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.