Thread: New management!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    yep cause it's not like any u.s. bashing ever goes uncontested....nope.
    Calling a spade a spade and sticking to the fact is only bashing if you cant stand the spade and the facts.

Will they change anything? I imagine it depends on whether they're more or less tolerant of white supremacists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Changes have already begun. Anyone else notice huge banner ads at the top of pages or the really annoying videos that autoplay at the bottom of like every other page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    Changes have already begun. Anyone else notice huge banner ads at the top of pages or the really annoying videos that autoplay at the bottom of like every other page.
    uhm i thought that was already a occurance here?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps i've just been lucky, but before today I had never seen cinematics autoplaying in the bottom right of my screen, or at the very bottom of a thread.

Literally nothing will change.

no I use adblockers. You just gave a great reason why people should use them
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    If they do, then the last reason for me to stay here will be gone.
    I'm sure you can find decent political discourse elsewhere than on a wow fan forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Eveningforest View Post
    Moderation has been so ineffective, Gen-OT started attracting some of the grossest internet trolls. It turned the average gamer away. If you want to keep alienating a big chunk of MMO players, feel free to keep Gen OT the way it is. I really doubt the idea that "anything goes" is good for business.
    How would you fix it?

I don't get it, if you don't like Gen-OT, just don't go there?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    Welcome, MagicFind. Hope you love us.

Do you plan any major changes to MMO-C?

If i could give an advice.. close the off topic or at least the political part. The former team was not really able to moderate that.
    Muh hugbox has a few people right of center
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    How would you fix it?
    MMO-C's policy of banning the topics rather than the people is really part of the issue. It's just turned the whole thing into a contest of who can be the best gaslighter.

To name one example: people made a lot of shitty sexist posts about women, so rather than banning the people who kept making shitty sexist posts, MMO-C banned gender topics. With the shitty people still around but their favorite topic bannable, the shitty people switched to dogwhistles. So now the forum enjoys dozens of posts per week about every stupid thing a woman has ever done, but so long as no one ever directly says the quiet thing loud, no one gets a mandatory vacation. And hey, you're actually the crazy one for noticing it, and if you mention the trend or call out a particular user doing it for the troll they are, you're the one in danger of an infraction because that's against forum rules.

And that bandaid fix of removing the topic but not the people has bled over into race, religion, sex, basically any topic worth discussing. At this point 3/4 of GenOT is just a loud mix of dozens of different dogwhistles from a dozen different varieties of shitlords, with more than a few mods who are themselves also shitlords and enable or even personally engage in the dogwhistling.

The fix? If the problem is a forum full of shit, ban the people who keep shitting on it instead of infracting them for taking a shit. It turns out those people apparently can't stop their diarrhea spew, so they hide it away in boxes and insist we're all the crazy ones for saying we can still smell it.
    Last edited by Grapemask; 2019-06-23 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    no I use adblockers. You just gave a great reason why people should use them
    I use ABP too, which is why it was alarming to see those ads. Would love to know what's up with the cinematics though, as those weren't ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Take your shitposter friends with you before closing the door please. Thank you.

GenOT is the absolute cancer of this video game website...
    GenOT is 100% a lost cause. I will on many occasions (when intoxicated) venture in there and try to reason with the locals. But there's no reason to be had. It has become the swamp it always dreamed it could be. There's no reason for it to exist on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Take your shitposter friends with you before closing the door please. Thank you.

GenOT is the absolute cancer of this video game website...
    YOu mean this AD site.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    MMO-C's policy of banning the topics rather than the people is really part of the issue. It's just turned the whole thing into a contest of who can be the best gaslighter.

To name one example: people made a lot of shitty sexist posts about women, so rather than banning the people who kept making shitty sexist posts, MMO-C banned gender topics. With the shitty people still around but their favorite topic bannable, the shitty people switched to dogwhistles. So now the forum enjoys dozens of posts per week about every stupid thing a woman has ever done, but so long as no one ever directly says the quiet thing loud, no one gets a mandatory vacation. And hey, you're actually the crazy one for noticing it, and if you mention the trend or call out a particular user doing it for the troll they are, you're the one in danger of an infraction because that's against forum rules.

And that bandaid fix of removing the topic but not the people has bled over into race, religion, sex, basically any topic worth discussing. At this point 3/4 of GenOT is just a loud mix of dozens of different dogwhistles from a dozen different varieties of shitlords, with more than a few mods who are themselves also shitlords and enable or even personally engage in the dogwhistling.

The fix? If the problem is a forum full of shit, ban the people who keep shitting on it instead of infracting them for taking a shit. It turns out those people apparently can't stop their diarrhea spew, so they hide it away in boxes and insist we're all the crazy ones for saying we can still smell it.
    I had not personally identified the problem before reading this post. Now I understand. And agree. 10/10

15+ Year Old Account
    I use ABP too, which is why it was alarming to see those ads. Would love to know what's up with the cinematics though, as those weren't ads.
    It has to do with view count on the video I believe. It raises the count which helps the channel/videos get more natural promotion and whatever else. It plays it from youtube or what not.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Detritivores View Post
    I had not personally identified the problem before reading this post. Now I understand. And agree. 10/10
    The big issue here is how does one define a 'shitty topic' ... I mean I posted a poll ages ago in 'fun stuff' about which of the Young Ones (British sitcom) did you most identify with. Thread got deleted asap.

Yet threads asking some ludicrous questions get approved and continue for thousands of posts.

Point is - I'd much prefer a misinterpretation or misunderstanding to ban the thread, rather than ban me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you @rhorle, mystery solved.

On the topic at hand: give off-topic threads a chance. It's a hard no from me regarding closing it, even if I rarely post within it.

I think GenOT is pretty shady. Doesn't serve much purpose besides making infractions and easily being able to determine which side of the political spectrum the moderation team that has to deal with it is. In fact, most of the usual players from it are in here making this thread just about as toxic as most of the conversations in GenOT are.