Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

The return of 10man raids at the highest level

10 man mythic raiding
    AP being removed or so trivial it's not a concern

1. Removal of Titanforging
    2. Profession overhaul so they actually mean something
    3. More variety between the specs/classes so that play style has more variety than resource building and spending
    4. Make it so new patches don't immediately invalidate the previous patches' content
    5. Revamp of the leveling experience so it isn't so mind numbing

10+ Year Old Account
    my condition is flying, for now
    but even if there was no flying i'd play if it was good, but with many sh8t, i'm waiting flying
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

a virtual reality version

Until you see class depth akin to 5.4 or FFXIV, I’m not bothering with this husk of a game
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Can someone explain me exactly what about class desing is wrong?
    They are too shallow, there is no depth, they are all extremely straightforward, low skill ceiling.

More buttons to press?
    For starters. We need more shit that you aren't supposed to spam on cooldown, more shit that requires thought on when, and how, to use it, we need not every DPS spec to use the exact same basic mechanic of build resource with weak abilities 2-3 times->spend resource on strong ability->repeat.

And dont say MoP classes becouse nobady is interested playing homogenized classes where every class feels and plays exactly same.
    We have far more of that right now than we did back then... Every DPS spec feels the fucking same right now, every DPS spec uses the same build/spend mechanic with a 3-5 button rotation that is so easy someone in a coma could master it, with little to no situational abilities (both DPS and utility wise). The ones some specs do have usually have cooldowns so long you get to use them 1 time in a fight, and that 1 time is usually predetermined by some fight mechanic that needs to be soaked, I'll give you an example:

I'm playing a Paladin, my one really useful utility for a raid is BoP, it has a 5 minute cooldown. Lets say the fight lasts 6 minutes, in theory I could cast it twice... But wait, I need BoP for soak mechanic X in phase 2 (and we all know how much Blizz loves their soak mechanics lately), which starts around 1.5m into the fight, I can't use BoP to save someone's life earlier than that because I need it to soak X, I can't use it after soaking X because it's cooldown is longer than the remainder of the fight. Where's the thought in using my utility? Where's the chances for a player who's on the ball to use their abilities to stand out and make a difference? All I get to do is button mash my easy-as-shit rotation and use my 1 real utility spell at the predetermined time.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-06-24 at 04:31 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always hated WF/TF system and this is my rant about it.

Blizzards philosophy on WF/TF "but we need to give top players something else to progress towards else they run out of things to do". At the same time dont they realise that they are talking about 5% of entire wow player base? (If even)

IF they keep that 5% happy and alienate other 95% (where their profits come from) who are mostly casual normal players with jobs and families... we get shit, people unsub and they lose subs and money, why cant they understand this.

on topic i would like Reforged back. and no more gated Flying, new zones became stupidly complicated compare to old zones.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    No, please go into detail about what you consider class design
    This

how you would prefer the class design be, and why..
    and this

are two very different things.

"what do you consider class design?" is not the same question as "how would you prefer the classes to be designed?"
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Void Elf Demon Hunter is what is required for me to return. Night Elf males look terrible. Absolutely disgusting!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    I always hated WF/TF system and this is my rant about it.

Blizzards philosophy on WF/TF "but we need to give top players something else to progress towards else they run out of things to do". At the same time dont they realise that they are talking about 5% of entire wow player base? (If even)

IF they keep that 5% happy and alienate other 95% (where their profits come from) who are mostly casual normal players with jobs and families... we get shit, people unsub and they lose subs and money, why cant they understand this.
    Titanforging isn't for the hardcore players. The hardcore players hate Titanforging, more than casuals I would bet. Titanforging heavily skews the "effort = reward" equation towards luck... and luck is the last thing I want to rely on as a hardcore player pouring dozens of hours a week into the game.

Titanforging does not serve a purpose for anyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get rid of the sub fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

i quit midway through cata and only resubbed for a month in legion (got bored as hell and quit)

here is what they would have to do to get me back to retail

-bring back the type of talent trees they had in vanilla (make them better obviously but something at least similar)
    - bring back tier sets
    - have 10 and 25 man raiding with unlockable hard mode (like in wrath)
    - flying at max level...none of that pathfinder bs going on
    -have regular and heroic dungeons - none of that m+ shit
    -get rid of all cross realm play except for pvp
    -im okay with lfg if they got rid of the cross realm part
    -REMOVE LFR ENTIRELY
    -make professions worth it again (them forcing you to do lfr in legion in order to advance profession was the most stupid shit i've ever seen)

if they did these things I would happily return but as that's not likely to happen then classic is the only wow I'll play again
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

Planning on being back for 8.2, as it promises sweeping changes to the azerite system to be less crap, and content areas that reward slow, gradual progression towards long term goals. Sign me up.

Curse of the Dreadblades still isnt' back though, so dont' expect me to use my rogue much. I'm thinking I'll have to level the demon hunter instead. I need an alchemist anyway.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    i caught a reddit post saying that they are once again resetting the AP grind.. causing players to refarm yet again.
    they are not "resetting" it at all - they are increasing the amount of levels from 50 to 70. if you're below 35 you immediately get boosted to 35 (I believe)

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    I've been out of active raiding since I cleared ToS. I was a guild leader since SoO through ToS.

My wife bought me BfA and I played for a month, knowing I didn't have the time nor the will to play the game full time, so I just leveled some toons to keep them up for the next expac.

I've been thinking about returning just to try and pug some normals or maybe join a community that does normal mode raiding.

But I keep asking myself why would i spend $15 a month on one game when I've been enjoying the games in both my Steam and Xbox library that I didn't have the time to play when I was playing WoW. I also though about what i didn't like about the current game and my interests and what is stopping me from subbing.

So here goes nothing. This is what it will take for me to resub and give WoW another go around, for the next expac (I think BfA is just not worth it at all). Remember, these are mine and mine alone, both as a 11-year veteran of the game and consumer that understands my own PERSONAL value of my time and money. For those of you that wish to share yours, I make no judgments.

1. Get rid of any and all requirements to play the allied races. I really want to roll some of the allied races but just don't have the will nor the time to go back to old content to do them. I don't mind paying for race changes, but don't make me go back for old reps. I will pay $15 a month to play a new race that I've never tried before, especially horde side, to raid and explore the world with.

2. Bring back Master Looter for Guild groups only. Part of me wants to bring the band back together and run my guild again. Part of what made the experience more enjoyable was the loot system my friends and I agreed upon, which was EPGP. Part of what makes raiding enjoyable is gearing up and watching your character get more powerful. EPGP made it clear to the guild and to each member where they stood in terms of getting their next upgrade.
    Having PL and not knowing when you will get gear, and having issues with how trading works, does not appeal to me at all.

5. Reduce the subscription fee to $10-12. While in 2004, the sub fee was $15, and that $15 was a lot more valuable than it is today, I am currently a the sole breadwinner in my family of 3. I only have so much entertainment money to spend. And right now, my $12 for Netflix is worth WAY more than a WoW sub.

I know these are probably tall orders, but hey, they are my conditions and if they are not met, then Blizzard isn't getting my money. Hell, I'd be happy if they did 2 or 3 of the five and probably resub.
    The thing is, without being offensive, you're chatting shit on these 3 points as a whole dude.

1. You want the allied races to have no requirements. I half agree, the Legion ones should be open to everyone now, BFA ones keep. But regardless you say you have no time to go back and do it all. But point 2 you want to come back and reform your guild. I have no idea what content you've been watching but I can promise you; opening up an allied race takes far less time than setting up a guild and actually raiding.

2. You're happy to say you don't want to spend 15 a month on a sub and you want a reduced sub, but you're more than happy to throw an extra 15 into a race change opposed to just leveling a new one. Given you also go on to talk about being the sole breadwinner; well if you can justify paying for a race change, you can justify keeping a 15 sub or at the very least a sub for 5 months (the 3 difference + the money you'd save from not having a race change).

3. On the subject of subs, they've hired a full on dev team, resurrected classic and thrown countless resources at it; then said it's part of the current sub and sub prices won't increase. But now you want them to reduce it? and before you say you have no interest in classic, that doesn't matter. It's there as an option, the moneys been spent on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys/girls. Firstly ill make an issue out of the general post itself.

I don't understand what's everyone's issue with M+. Like raiding overall being challenging than m+? I feel like that's BS. Try doing a +20 ( on time ) then say its easy.

https://raider.io/characters/eu/blades-edge/Stex my Raider.io profile. I also have every tank class geared at 410+ ilvl atm and thats currently what its at. All of them have +15s on time achievement and 1.7k-2k rio. To me Jaina on mythic nowadays is so much easier than a +20 on time. 5 man tight nit grp, no room for slacking or failures.

2nd as someone that currently plays i can't say i enjoy BFA as much as other expansions but i believe a lot of people who are yelling there is no content, there is no content. Just don't want to do the content that currently exists ( that they haven't done ). Like an IRL friend of mine i bought him the game for his bday and he blasted through LFR and then started complaining how there was nothing to do, i mean wth? Remember how it was in classic gear meant more ( the low to average gear level ) as you felt a bit of accomplishment when you got even that, and nowadays if its not 410+ i mean why bother, right? I would definitely take into consideration removal of LFR and normal modes along with free wellfare epics from world quests as this is why people go through the content too fast. You got to give people time to take it in and earn their gear. Back when the game had only 1 difficulty mode or 2 modes did you see people whine how there was no content? Despite the fact that there was considerably less than today. Im looking at you TBC. Yes there should be something for everyone to enjoy, but there is also something about prestige, there is something about having people work to clear a raid.

Lets be objective. After 3 months of a single tier heroic becomes childs play, so you could breeze through it even in a pug and get ahead of the curve, its not as if you need some godlike skill to clear heroic. However if you STILL cant that's not really the games fault. No 1 of us should be entitled to everything. Im not that good for pvp and i dont go around saying i should get elite gear for transmog when my best rating is 1.8k~

3rd id want to make m+ cap out its reward system like you can get 10 items from it per week. Its become too good of a reward system and since weekly rewards come at 10 that's too easy. Go back to legion system and cap rewards at m+15. Rewards are cool ,but not where there are too much.

I want master loot back. Despite being a tank well forever. Tank means ur getting gear last. Usual motto is if the tank isnt being 2 shotted by boss autoattacks he can be healed and therefore doesn't need the gear. I want to be able to give the gear to my dps based on performance. What blizzard did just caused me not to take people who dont perform ( that good) for mekkatorque and onwards. Don't really want to risk with lower performing players, costing us wipes and in the end they might loot a titanforge that some1 else "deserves more".

What do i mean when i say deserves more. I believe in a 3 points system. Attendance ( regardless of how good you are if you're not there half the time the raid doesnt go on ), Performance ( surviving while doing mechanics well and dpsing to a 80%+ of your OWN item level bracket ). A dead dps is a bad dps ( for the raid ). 80% + is pretty easy to achieve without any kind of whoring, and if you call yourself a mythic raider (and you obv survived until the end of the fight ) should be quite doable. 3rd dedication. A lot of people don't show up prepared for our raids, despite that we only raid 7 hours per week. 3 hours per raid + x2 30 minute preparation period of invites and to clear trash. So lets say for example there is this girl that's been in the guild for ages. She plays quite well still to this day , always shows up prepared and plays in 95% bracket on warcraft logs. Yet quite a few people over the years called out that there is favouritism towards her. However masterlooter + EPGP allows for fair distribution of loot. Example you got a player like her
    +EP for good logs ( effective damage on bosses ) + EP for attendance + EP for preparation ( videos, ptr testing etc ) = usually 2-3 items per week.

Player 2 ( other side of the coin lets say ) +EP for good logs no bonus EP for attendance because player 2 didnt come to both raids this week, no EP for preparation because player 2 didnt come prepared to the only raid he was on that week= 0 - 1 items during that week.

Now obvious excuse is that not everyone has the time to prepare to that level etc. And im here to say that is completely FINE. But then you shouldnt be given same rewards as those who did prepare and everything, because what message does that send?

Criticism is something most of the players in this game dont handle ( well ). A lot of players feel you're excluding them as a person rather than as a player.

Fact to the matter is these 3 points should ALWAYS matter in a raiding enviroment for everyone.
    I'd like blizzard to encourage this in order for players to want to raid and become better players. This is also directed towards an easy difficulty such as heroic, which requires less preparation and skill. Now in essence if blizzard did this it could seriously improve the will of lower end players to compete for spots. Might not get in for progress but its the trying that counts. I always like to see a dedicated player. Person that works hard on well anything usually does well later in life.

What i think needs to be improved upon is this artifact power grind system. A lot of the players who raid cutting edge are required usually to have 1 alt. I think it would be best for the average player if the AP grind was reduced by 50%. The reward for each level is +2 ilvl. This is directly disproportionate to the amount of ap you need to grind on later levels as its an exponential increase!

I understand why time gating needs to exist, else a lot of players will clear story in 1 day and be like ok im going to fuck off till next big content release. This is not a good business plan.

PvP wise id like to make it so you cant que as a tank or healer in 2S. The matches tend to last far too long and even if you win it just feels like wtf am i doing here?
    2s is vastly different from 3s mentality and the game should adapt to that change. Image how it looks playing 2s that has x2 Rogue+Priest ( disci ) its horrible.

Also the game needs improvement on psychological feelings of level up and leveling up in new expansions. Because with each new level you should feel more powerful not less which is always the case. I started levelining this xpac as an unholy dk and upto 116 was childsplay took maybe 3.5 hours, however at 119 it FELT like ARE WE THERE YET?!!!! The psychological feeling when playing the game i believe is really really important.

Each level and upgrade should mean something. in WoD they gave perks to spells when leveling up for example.
    A level squish will not solve this. Borderline talent change didnt happen since wod. And we didnt get any new talents. Going back to a classic style tree might be best despite the fact that there will ALWAYS be a bis tree. Even the illusion of choice is healthy for a players mind.

Overhaul oh hybrids. In my opinion classes that are pure dps should always win on average ( dps wise ) because its the only role they can do. However a hybrid should be elevated based on its hybrid duality. Imagine a world where in m+ you got your disci priest doing the dmg shielding, etc... And your lets say ele shammy is doing some damage but still doing some pretty amazing heals when its needed.
    This sounds good in theory, im unsure how it would work in practice. One could argue how top folks would still take pure dps classes and make the healer "heal more". id tune the dungeons with hybrids in mind. Like for example shadow priest isnt really a desireable class for m+ it never was . Imagine a world where their dmg is slightly lower BUT when they deal their dmg for example ( in theory ) the SP fills up the healers mana causing an effect that healer never needs to drink ?

Or letting ele shaman have healing tide totem ? Or balance druid having tranq again, or cata style wild growth ? A monk having a less potent revival. Obv a dps reduction to a point but in a way that makes you think like ok sure its a bit less dmg but this utility is REALLY great?

Choices are good. These days im like ok im logging warrior tank and im gonna take a resto druid and a rogue and then other 2 spots i dont care. Im deprived of choice.

In this case i would give invis pots a 5 min CD and make them separate from regular pots. I would never remove shroud from rogues as it feels bad to do to a class. Instead you could maybe even make more mobs have true sight so that you cant really skip that many mobs.

There are countless things to imrpove upon but i believe that more players will come when game improves on choices, even if they're an illusion.

I usually return for one month every expansion release and major patch like 8.2. Don't really care how the game is, I just like to keep up with the quests and the lore. Usually do a few M+5-10, the raid in normal and half of HC and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This

and this

are two very different things.

"what do you consider class design?" is not the same question as "how would you prefer the classes to be designed?"
    So you're unable to answer the one thing that would bring you back to the game..?