Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sports games, fighting games. I'm also not a big fan of anything isometric, but it's not a deal breaker.

First person shooters for me. There have been exceptions (namely AvP), but I generally find the idea of shooting things as the main way of interacting with the world to be unappealing. I also generally connect to action games through the avatar, so having no avatar really kills my ability to immerse in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well, I don't like turn based in general except for a few titles like fire emblem and disciples.
    Oh that was understood I am just being obnoxious
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Exactly. My problem with it is that a lot of developers replaced other means of gaining loot with this. Crafting&Gathering basically artificially increases gameplay time without providing any meaningful content. It's because of it I never managed to finish Dragon Age: Inquisition, no matter how many times I've tried.

For Witcher 3 I too used mods that would give me endless reagents for everything because honestly I just can't be bothered wasting hours and hours trying to find herbs, ore, skins or whatever I need to get a better armour. The fact that the only way you can get the best armour and weapons is through crafting is kinda ehh in many games. Crafting&Gathering should never be the focal point, or even the secondary point.
    Agreed, it is an annoying mechanic in many games, along with the silly "Send your randomly generated followers on missions in real time" that WoW started and a ton of RPGs copied for no reason whatsoever. I don't mind crafting and gathering mechanics per se, but the implementation is usually shallow an non-sensical. Geralt gathering ore is a perfect example. He is a witcher, not a miner. He shouldn't be mining ore, making ingots, and crafting swords. Alchemy is fine and fits the lore, but weapon and armor crafting is not logical. And if you just focus on alchemy you can make it so much more interesting, and give it a real system, not "Gather x plants to make this common potion".

Gathering and crafting everything does fit in some genres, like ARK or other survival style games, but game developers have a bad habit of shoehorning busywork mechanics in where they don't fit just to add to the playtime. Skill trees, crafting, card based minigames, collectibles, and randomly generated followers are some of the biggest offenders. Nothing wrong with any of those, but the game has to actually do something with it.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Yes I understand, but do you dislike them if you think it as a substitute for a book or a movie for example? If you don't feel like playing a game, but something less interactive, would you still prefer e.g. a movie instead?

Just curious because these types of "games" are probably my favourite storytelling medium, and I dislike if they have actual gameplay elements in them.
    For me yes. I'd rather read a book or watch a movie than click through some forced action sequences in a Tell tale game. Same goes for any visual novel, and point and click adventure games. Just boring as fuck. I play games for the action/racing/puzzles(Tetris like), not to sorta play a movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Agreed, it is an annoying mechanic in many games, along with the silly "Send your randomly generated followers on missions in real time" that WoW started and a ton of RPGs copied for no reason whatsoever. I don't mind crafting and gathering mechanics per se, but the implementation is usually shallow an non-sensical. Geralt gathering ore is a perfect example. He is a witcher, not a miner. He shouldn't be mining ore, making ingots, and crafting swords. Alchemy is fine and fits the lore, but weapon and armor crafting is not logical. And if you just focus on alchemy you can make it so much more interesting, and give it a real system, not "Gather x plants to make this common potion".

Gathering and crafting everything does fit in some genres, like ARK or other survival style games, but game developers have a bad habit of shoehorning busywork mechanics in where they don't fit just to add to the playtime. Skill trees, crafting, card based minigames, collectibles, and randomly generated followers are some of the biggest offenders. Nothing wrong with any of those, but the game has to actually do something with it.
    SWToR started it. As far as I can tell. That was the big companion feature.

Racing would be my least favorite and enjoyed. Sports games at least play like an rts.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Horror. Im really really really not into getting scared.

Games like lol and dota, sports games but fifa can be a good timekiller sometimes.

Not to fond of battle royale games either.

Oh and almost all mobile games, it's just plain boring when you got a badass computer.

Simulation games is also something i never play.
    Do you hear the voices too?

5+ Year Old Account
    Flight simulator, farm simulator, train simulator, pencil sharpener simulator and other stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Flight simulator, farm simulator, train simulator, pencil sharpener simulator and other stuff like that.
    Goat simulator?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrospinach View Post
    Goat simulator?
    Never played it, not a big fan of meme games, but I don't mind it. It even seems to be that Goat simulator makes fun of bad simulator games, so +3000 rep with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play sports games. They never appealed to me.

I do hate sports games, but there are some great golf games out there. That would be my only exception. I said BR earlier, but if golf wasn't a sport I would have said sports games.

tbs games /10char.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

FPS games

with the exception of Mass Effect and GoW series.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    FPS games

with the exception of Mass Effect and GoW series.
    both of which are third person shooters :P and yes, there is a significant difference in feel.

Horror games and sports games

Shooters and Sports

brawl.
    2-3 players is doable,. but 4, 5 of even 8 players i just lose sight and interest of what's going on.

Sports games are awful excluding Mario and other adaptations.