Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, you could have made the comparison with children rather than pets and it would have made just as much sense. You know, without comparing people to pets.
    That wasn't the point, you're ignoring the point and nitpicking to derail it. Sad tactic edge even for you.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That wasn't the point, you're ignoring the point and nitpicking to derail it. Sad tactic edge even for you.
    Says the person that tried to bring in the VA this discussion, as if the government can work on and fund one thing at a time.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

I am sure under any universal system you would have those that try to exploit it for one reason or another but i am sure you would have to provide a ID to be given protections under said universal system.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    This is a slippery slope fallacy and you know that.
    Not really. If I am saying, in theory, no trespassing on a location, but its against the rules to punish someone for trespassing, and I have to provide access to the bathroom at my house AND make a plate of dinner for anyone who happens to tresspass, AND I can't kick them out, than that "No Tresspassing" sign is meaningless.

If your defense is "Well you don't KNOW that will happen for sure", you are in a bad spot. Its like handing out change to the homeless, soon they will all flock to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But that's not their stance unless you think the Trump administration wants open borders, jay walking is on the same level as illegally entering the US.
    Currently, it should come with a penalty of expulsion from the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Healthcare would get them documented.

It would be easier to process them (deportation or citizenship) and have yet to see a post explaining why we should let someone die on the street.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Currently, it should come with a penalty of expulsion from the country.
    But it isn't darn laws and their due process and all that, feel free to take it up with that awful thing called the constitution.

7+ Year Old Account
    But it isn't darn laws and their due process and all that, feel free to take it up with that awful thing called the constitution.
    So open borders it is then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    It would be easier to process them (deportation or citizenship) and have yet to see a post explaining why we should let someone die on the street.
    Ultimately the principle of not wanting to fund some stranger, some unknown person and an UNLIMITED number of unknown peoples lives with my money.

Look, if you want America to just be some economic administrative sector; don't expect social solidarity.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

So open borders it is then?
    Yes it is both republicans and democrats have been following this thing called the law there's no nuance to this not kicking them out right away means open borders obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    The only correct answer in this thread is:

No, they should not have free healthcare
    saying something does not make it so.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is both republicans and democrats have been following this thing called the law there's no nuance to this not kicking them out right away means open borders obviously.
    I am aware that Republicans like slave labor, a bit surprised Democrats do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "to admit it to the government"

I guess you don't realize much of this works on estimations

themius you do realize who you just quoted right.....it's hubcap.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

I am aware that Republicans like slave labor, a bit surprised Democrats do.
    If only laws and the constitution would go away so we could do what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    themius you do realize who you just quoted right.....it's hubcap.
    Ah he has changed his name.

Back to ignoring him.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Got a source on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    He said "literally" which makes it a guaranteed true fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Same source that said the caravan was infested with ISIS probably.
    I don't know about boats but there is this https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/16/u...ngo-maine.html

7+ Year Old Account
    If only laws and the constitution would go away so we could do what you want.
    What do I want? Given that there are laws against employing illegal aliens, laws against them being here, and all simply just don't get enforced, I am unsure what you are on about.

What do I want? Given that there are laws against employing illegal aliens, laws against them being here, and all simply just don't get enforced, I am unsure what you are on about.
    You've stated that anything short of turning them away and doing the whole due process thing is open borders.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    VA hospital is broke, but yeah, lets give free healthcare to those who didn't earn it.
    If a VA hospital is broke. That is a funding issue with the federal government. This has absolutely nothing to do with it. Just chronic underfunding of services provided by the republicans while they had control of the house and controlled the purse strings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maulgryve View Post
    Illegal comes to hospital. Has tests ran. Hospital sends tests to lab to perform. Lab performs tests and sends results back to hospital doctor. Doctor gives patient the results. Patient is happy.

Hospital put the tests into the lab as Patient bill due to there not being any insurance or shitty insurance such as Obamacare. Obamacare won't cover hardly any tests. And when they do - they cover a super small percentage. The rest of the bill gets sent to patient. The hospital is not going to foot the bill - even though they know how much a lab charges for a test and that the insurance won't cover the whole thing. The lab sends bills to patient. The patient has no SSN. So technically this person can keep doing this forever with no problem. The lab has to eat the cost of reagents and tech hourly wage along with pathologist salary.

Free healthcare sounds great. But expecting people in healthcare to give up their time for free is not ok. I work in a lab and I see this firsthand. When people don't pay for their healthcare and don't have insurance - the lab has to eat the cost. Not the hospital. Not the person. Not the government. It has nothing to do with taxes or who is president. Free healthcare for all is not going to pay the full amount of testing that the average person thinks it will. You will see smaller labs closing or just stop performing high cost tests. Leading to only large labs like neogenomics surviving. Which means higher turnaround times for getting tests performed. Which means all patients across the board suffer.
    Sorry, but the hospital does not "eat" the cost. They shift the cost to all other patients. You can claim otherwise but that isn't really the case. Its all built into calculations for where money goes through insured and non insured groups. Otherwise the hospital would not be in business unles it a state or federally run one.

7+ Year Old Account
    You've stated that anything short of turning them away and doing the whole due process thing is open borders.
    If they are never to be turned away then yes, you have Open Borders.

If they are never to be turned away then yes, you have Open Borders.
    There seems to be a lot of suggestions lately for policy regarding the border that look suspiciously like open borders when you really get down to it.

"Do not detain immigrants coming into the country and they can come to a court hearing voluntarily later, but if they don't, grant them amnesty."

I mean if you're for open borders just say you're for open borders.