Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    I don't want that, I want easy yet fun rotations that's it. I don't PvP because it's piano roll.
    This is a very viable point of view lost on many so-called "hardcore" players.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    This is a very viable point of view lost on many so-called "hardcore" players.
    "hardcore" players play whatever does the most damage, regardless of complexity of rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    dude.. .old wow players didn't have any complexity when it came to classes. That argument is just flawed because there wasn't much or any back in the day.
    Most games weren't complex in that regard... it was just time consuming, more so than now.
    Yes, that’s why our old games pre wow had perms death and full looting right? Ever lost a level because you died? Or a character you’ve dumped a thousand hours into? Ever been full looted and have to beg for a piece of your gear back?

Not only did older games require time commitment, but the punishment for failure was everything

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    How is stance for warriors is better than stance for monks? I would argue that stance for monks makes more sense, because monks are masters of martial arts and stance is a concept from martial art. If anything, warrior stances are hamfisted.
    You have obviously never seen a medival sword-fighting manual. Each school of swordsmanship usually starts with a stance.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Would be cool as a new feature where we can be hybrid by choosing a primary spec and a secondary spec and be able to switch in combat - for all classes!
    I miss DK presences. Those were the shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    You have obviously never seen a medival sword-fighting manual. Each school of swordsmanship usually starts with a stance.
    not being able to charge in defensive/berserker stance makes no sense though. Not being able to pummel makes no sense, though. Not being able to taunt makes no sense, though.

but lol ok

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I miss DK presences. Those were the shit.
    True. The removal of presences was a really shitty move.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    not being able to charge in defensive/berserker stance makes no sense though. Not being able to pummel makes no sense, though. Not being able to taunt makes no sense, though.

but lol ok
    In no way did I insinuate that WoW's implementation was great or fun, that was not what the person I quoted talked about either. This was purely from a lore/immersion PoV, and yes, there may be stances that actually wouldn't allow you to easily use a pommel strike to stagger your opponent. That only a complete fool would strictly adhere to a stance is another matter entirely as well. If we pretend for a moment that WoW has actual role play and the journey of our characters is releflected in the patch notes, then we could also argue, that Warriors these days are slightly less retarded than they were in 2005 and have adopted a more free flowing combat style.

Nontheless, stances are part of sword fighting, as - oh shock - it's just another martial art.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    In no way did I insinuate that WoW's implementation was great or fun, that was not what the person I quoted talked about either. This was purely from a lore/immersion PoV, and yes, there may be stances that actually wouldn't allow you to easily use a pommel strike to stagger your opponent. That only a complete fool would strictly adhere to a stance is another matter entirely as well. If we pretend for a moment that WoW has actual role play and the journey of our characters is releflected in the patch notes, then we could also argue, that Warriors these days are slightly less retarded than they were in 2005 and have adopted a more free flowing combat style.

Nontheless, stances are part of sword fighting, as - oh shock - it's just another martial art.
    pummel is a punch. not a pommel of the sword.

and, waxing theoretical is always silly

No. I'm glad they fucked away warrior's dance.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, that sounds horrible, no thanks.
    Where is pretty face licking worthy avatar? I liked that one more.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, that sounds horrible, no thanks.
    FelPlague is generic mount collecting, 1500 rated bad player with zero mythic experience. Idk why he/she is so opinionated for such a bad player. Makes sense why he is so against Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The point being lost on many it seems. Stances for classes that make sense is okay(ish), but not switching whole bloody spec midfight.
    That’s b/c the OP is stupid af, calling it stance dancing which is already a specific term in wow. He also barely explains what he wants.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s a troll, saying stance dancing and then wanting something completely different, just to confuse ppl.

This is called combat tactic switching in A:IR where every class has 2 specs and you do not get to spec in one or another, they are both usable at all time. A warrior can fully switch between the equivalent of arms spec and tank spec mid fight in combat! Same for all other classes.
    Last edited by RemasteredClassic; 2019-07-01 at 02:01 AM.

That certainly would be nice.