Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Phase 1 - Dungeons and raids progression?

Hi guys,

I was wondering what would be the end game progression of the dungeons and raid in phase 1? I think the only raid available will be MC but what about UBRS? Is it a raid or a dungeon and will we be able to go there freshly 60?

What about the 5 man dungeons, are they all the same difficulty?

Thx

MC, Onyxia. There is no instance called UBRS, there is Blackrock Spire, which is not a raid instance.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Well Blackrock Spire is a 10-man instance, so it falls in a weird place. But people generally regard it as a dungeon, not a raid. It's hard to quantify the dungeons' difficulty in Classic, as some of them get gradually difficult the further you venture in to them. Best example of this I would say is BRD, where there is a huge difference between the beginning of the dungeon and the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeith View Post
    But people generally regard it as a dungeon, not a raid.
    I'd classify it by looking at the lockout duration - weekly = raid, 5/hour is dungeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I'd classify it by looking at the lockout duration - weekly = raid, 5/hour is dungeon
    Yeah I do the same. Worth noting though that ZG for example has a shorter lockout duration than 7 days in Vanilla (so hopefully also Classic?), think it's 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeith View Post
    Yeah I do the same. Worth noting though that ZG for example has a shorter lockout duration than 7 days in Vanilla (so hopefully also Classic?), think it's 3 days.
    Huh, and there was me thinking that was a pirate server modification to give people more things to do, same as Onyxia (5 days or something, I know every 3rd week we would do it on the Wednesday night and again on the Sunday, then again the following Wednesdsay)
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

in classic 1.12 UBRS door still required to have 1 person with the UBRS key, yes ?

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    in classic 1.12 UBRS door still required to have 1 person with the UBRS key, yes ?
    Yes /10char

BRS will be a 5man dungeon in Classic WoW.

ZG/AQ20 = 3 days lockout with ID's.
    Onyxia 5 days lockout with ID.
    All the other 40man raids will be 7 days lockout with ID's.

And if i remember correctly (wich i probably am not) the raids lockouts where not based on weekly "reset" like todays retail that is set to a specific date/day (Thuseday on US and wednsday on EU). It will be set from when you do it. So if you do it on a friday then the raid wont be reset again untill the friday after.

EDIT: You get locked in to your ID when the first boss go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post

ZG/AQ20 = 3 days lockout with ID's.
    Onyxia 5 days lockout with ID.
    All the other 40man raids will be 7 days lockout with ID's.

And if i remember correctly (wich i probably am not) the raids lockouts where not based on weekly "reset" like todays retail that is set to a specific date/day (Thuseday on US and wednsday on EU). It will be set from when you do it. So if you do it on a friday then the raid wont be reset again untill the friday after.

EDIT: You get locked in to your ID when the first boss go down.
    Well weekly reset overwrites and resets anything raid/dungeon related pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayd View Post
    Hi guys,

I was wondering what would be the end game progression of the dungeons and raid in phase 1? I think the only raid available will be MC but what about UBRS? Is it a raid or a dungeon and will we be able to go there freshly 60?

What about the 5 man dungeons, are they all the same difficulty?

Thx
    Plan out early what you want (pre raid BiS) as some items can be found pre 60.

What I do is something like this: http://www.wowclassicbis.com/ (other resources may be better, you decide). You can see P1 pre raid BiS has many 5x items -some 4x. I will be looking for a solid guild and hit those dungeons with them early -as to gear up together. At 60 focus on attuning my toon to MC/Ony and getting UBRS key.

That should take me no less than x10 weeks, when is P2? Once P2 starts I need to upgrade just x3 items and focus on gearing up guild members and getting FR stuff for MC for Rag kill. I play casual so will not be in a guild that will clear MC before 3 months - 4 months of game start.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    There is no instance called UBRS, there is Blackrock Spire, which is not a raid instance.
    LBRS is a 5 player Dungeon and UBRS is a 10 player Dungeon.
    People claiming that UBRS and LBRS are not distinct dungeons and it should just be called BRS are being needlessly pedantic. It is being called BRS, it's right there after the U and L but no group ever goes from to the other because of how disparate the difficulties are. All of the Dire Maul's are connected but we still call them DM East, West, North and Tribute. Stratholme is a single instance but we use Strat UD, Strat Living and Baron Run when talking because they're completely different things difficulty and expectation wise.

Now, you technically need to be in a raid for 10 player content but most will agree this does not make UBRS a raid. This is mostly due to the gear and difficulty level being on par with what a fresh can handle and the rewards being part of the dungeon tier level. It is also very easily pug'd and completed compared to raids which have a much harder time being beaten by 20 random people.

This is roughly the "progression" through dungeons, in terms of difficulty:

BRD -> Strat UD -> Scholo -> LBRS / Strat Live -> UBRS

Then when Dire Maul is released,

BRD / DM East -> DM North / Strat UD -> Scholo -> LBRS / Strat Live / DM West -> UBRS

- - - Updated - - -

What? Completing UBRS with 5 people is almost impossible unless the whole group is raid geared.

In 1.12 Blackrock Spire had a 10 player cap, not 5 players.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2019-07-01 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by braus View Post
    Well weekly reset overwrites and resets anything raid/dungeon related pretty much.
    No. Not in vanilla anyway as it was not a "reset" just maintainence.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    This is roughly the "progression" through dungeons, in terms of difficulty:

BRD -> Strat UD -> Scholo -> LBRS / Strat Live -> UBRS

Then when Dire Maul is released,

BRD / DM East -> DM North / Strat UD -> Scholo -> LBRS / Strat Live / DM West -> UBRS

- - - Updated - - -

What? Completing UBRS with 5 people is almost impossible unless the whole group is raid geared.

In 1.12 Blackrock Spire had a 10 player cap, not 5 players.
    lol what? 5 man was standard in BRS, U and L.

UBRS will need 10 with OT/Hunter/Mage/etc for a while.

I had heard that UBRS was originally 15 man and was lowered to 10 man in one of the vanilla patches, is this myth?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    I was never able to complete UBRS with 4 other people in Vanilla. Our group was always 10 people in the time I played
    Lowest i did it with was 6, but that was with the inner core of the raid team and in BWL gear. Could prolly be done with less, but it most certainly wasnt the norm.

Also did it once with 8 pretty early on, when it was still 15man. It was an impressive feat wich got realm wide recognition.
    Last edited by Grimreaper; 2019-07-01 at 05:09 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

No.

BRS was a 15man instance. Lbrs was easier so people usually ran it with 10. UBRS were done with 15.

Later it was changed to a 10man instance, so LBRS were done by 5, and UBRS by 10.

UBRS werent changed into a 5man until several expansions later.and wasnt even included into the random dungeon finder until that point

I dont get how bad people where... i always did it with 5. You guys seem to be forgetting we wont have vanilla starter gear this time around either. We will have buffed gear (wich does A LOT) now so 5 wont be a problem unless you are absolutley terrible at the game. I dont even remember doing it with 10 people, ever. (even before buffed gear)

Same with Stratholme, never did it with more than 5 people. Did 45min runs quite often and still no more than 5 people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    No.

BRS was a 15man instance. Lbrs was easier so people usually ran it with 10. UBRS were done with 15.

Later it was changed to a 10man instance, so LBRS were done by 5, and UBRS by 10.

UBRS werent changed into a 5man until several expansions later.and wasnt even included into the random dungeon finder until that point
    This is just not true as UBRS and LBRS is the same exact dungeon. You just take a right or a left turn at the beginning.

5+ Year Old Account
    @Annelie

What do you mean buffed gear?