View Poll Results: One faction or not?

Voters
176. This poll is closed
  • One faction, you can now play with ALL your friends with almost no queue times between content!

121 68.75%
  • For the Horde or Alliance is much more important than that nonsense.

55 31.25%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The only arguments i see for the retention of the faction system boils down to "i dont like change". I havnt seen a single meaningful argument for the factions that doesnt fall into this category.

Offer some GAME PLAY reasons for keeping the factions split, and i might consider them, and by all means prove me wrong about not liking change, but i am yet to see one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    I like it, just not this sad excuse they made for BfA.
    What do you like about it? Could these things remain in a world were the factions have a ceasefire? I mean we already have alliance Vs alliance and Horde vs Horde in pvp, i have always been a big fan of promoting the idea that the faction war ends, the factions come to an uneasy truce, and bgs and arenas become proving ground and training grounds, and you can queue for mixed faction or traditional. I am pretty confident the mixed faction would be more popular and have shorter queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Battlegrounds wont really make any sense. That's my only real problem with it. It's a good idea and would eliminate faction imbalance completely.
    Battle grounds are just like real life competitive sports or even MMA, you don't have to hate the other person to compete against them. You can also merc mode in BGS anyways so your point is moot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by danildoen View Post
    Could one united faction solve some of the major issues of playing Alliance(especially on EU). Or is the roleplay factor For the alliance or For the Horde much more important to to you?

As an Alliance players you now have endless m+ queues. I just spent 6 hours looking for a tank for a ToS10+ key untill I gave up. Anywhere from 1-10 hours looking for any equal high rated players in the arena LFG. Most of the times there are NO RBG groups up, forget finding one anywhere 09:00-16:00 in day time.
    Do you play on one of those "recommended" realms? I also see it being possible to wait 6 hours for "ToS10 DK 3k RIO fast no noobs" run or something.

Never experienced any issues with using LFG as alliance on soulflayer, which is dominated by horde.

I don't want to imply that if i don't have a problem - problems doesn't exist, i'm saying that it's not an issue with factions, it's an issue with abundance of servers and how you still can pick "wrong" server.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-07-02 at 03:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You're right. Gameplay comes over lore, but many people will dispute this.
    What lore? They've been uniting the factions for a common goal EVERY expansion now for years. It makes infinitely more sense for us to come together at this point than to keep making up reasons for us to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Guilds are already glorified chatrooms tbh..
    if you think that you don't raid heroic or mythic they're required for high end raiding, i'll admit most people see them as that, but they should do more than they currently do.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Battle grounds are just like real life competitive sports or even MMA, you don't have to hate the other person to compete against them. You can also merc mode in BGS anyways so your point is moot.
    Well Merc mode makes you a traitor to your faction (temporarily). RBG's are probably the only thing that doesn't make sense. Anyway, if you go to queue for Arathi Basin this is what it says.

Arathi Basin is a mountain-rimmed valley with some of the most arable acres in the Eastern Kingdoms. The basin has long been a prime point of societal development, offering lumber, gold and prime grazing land for livestock. It was only a matter of time before this fertile place was viewed through the sights of bows and guns.

The Basin's earliest days (and original owners) aren't even footnotes in history – the land frenzy driving Alliance and Horde now dominates the landscape. The League of Arathor, the remnants of the once-proud kingdom of Stromgarde (now occupied by ogres and the criminals of the Syndicate), would claim the basin to profit their allies in Stormwind (and, through them, the whole of the Alliance). Set against them are the forsaken Defilers, free-willed undead who strive to savage the human kingdom of Lordaeron and secure their home in the Undercity – and they demand Arathi's resources to do it.
    So we're still fighting over Resources? It wouldn't make sense under one faction. Use an entire area for sparring? Why would the Night Elves be okay letting us use Ashenvale? Killing our general in AV?

I mean most people seem to only care about gameplay, and if that's what everyone wants, so be it, I guess. Just seems wrong from an RPG perspective.

I want one faction of course.After playing GW2 i'm 100 for the removal of the Horde and Alliance split and combining them into one entity.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Lets face it, the games almost 15 years old.. the 12.1+ MILLION players at it's pinnacle aren't coming back. We need something to get everyone involved, we need something to really move everyone in the right direction. I hope next expac removes the faction limitations and allows people to group no matter what for bg queues, and raids.. Sure keep world pvp and all that bs there, make those fucks happy: But keep the queues quick, and allow grouping of the opposite faction via Raiding, and Random Queue PVP, AND M+

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Get rid of Warcraft’s biggest brand recognition and unique selling point? How about no.

Why would this reduce queues. Queues are not caused by a lack of players from your faction, it's caused by an imbalance between roles. You'll all still be waiting on tanks because that's the only role that can fuck up and wipe you on queued content.

I have for many years always thought that if Blizzard one day needed to boost alot of new energy and players into the game, they could merge the factions.

Maybe not a full merge, but in one way or another. It would be a HUGE change in wow and would attract alot of players. To play with the other faction is a big deal in many ways.

Maybe now is the time? with alot of negative feedback on current xpac and and dwindling playerbase, maybe this is the right time to do it. With lvl squish and merge faction, it can almost be like a "wow 2".

I'd like to have one faction.
    It's so annoying to go to a daily zone (like the "Kill 15 Hydra" part) and see a sea of orange named alliance players AOEing everything nonstop for hours and me and maybe one other horde player try to get a mob every 10 minutes. Faction imbalaces are so annoying, it was like that at the start of the expansion and it is like that with 8.2 and i'd really like to play with everyone there and not be the single horde player among 25 alliance in and only see grey mobs.
    And yes, i know it's probably the other way around on other servers, that doesn't make it better.

Plus the faction war is soooo done it's not even funny. It's so boring having endless repeats of "Horde does something evil but in the end they get redemption". How often can you tell the same story? It's enough for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure why not. You could call it Grand coalotion of azeroth #GrandCoalition

Or just let the Player be a neutral entety would also work
    This space could contain your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by danildoen View Post
    Could one united faction solve some of the major issues of playing Alliance(especially on EU). Or is the roleplay factor For the alliance or For the Horde much more important to to you?

As an Alliance players you now have endless m+ queues. I just spent 6 hours looking for a tank for a ToS10+ key untill I gave up.
    This has nothing to do with faction. It's the same on Horde. It's a lack of people playing tanks.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Sorry but thats just untrue, Warcraft as a franchise is fundamentally build on the faction war concept. People dont like how it has been executed storywise over the past few years yes but to say absolutely nobody likes the concept that made WoW a goliath of a game is not true.
    Sorry but thats just untrue, Warcraft as a franchise was fundamentally built on the RTS concept.Warcraft 3 ended with them working together and ending in peace.

Could we use eachothers flightpaths too then?

10+ Year Old Account
    You could probably have it both ways if you allow non-warmode peeps to cross faction group for instanced PvE, but force war-mode folks to stick to the old way.
    That being said, I suspect warmode will be gone after BfA.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

They should have long added that "Mercenary" mode for LFG/R.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had it my way all races would be independent, sick of us Dwarfs answering to a human king. This whole "warchief" and "high King" as a 'ruler over all races' mentality is horrible.

Go back to the time when Warchief meant leader of the orcs not leader over all races. And the idea of having different racial warchiefs is the dumbest thing ever. A Warchief is supposed to be orc. Why is Sylvanas a Warchief? Cannot she just still not be the Banshee Queen and lead the Horde? So mnay head scratching BS.

But that's getting off topic so I digress...

I believe there should be an option but I don;t believe everyone should be forced to break faction. Maybe for Alliance have an option to stay as apart of the waring Alliance and join Tyrande and Genn or join forces with Anduin and Jaina in a peaceful coexistence

Meanwhile on the Horde join Sylvanas and what Mag'har leader in war with the Alliance or join Thrall and Saurfang in a peaceful coexistence

Make it like a Aldor/Scryer thing
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-07-02 at 11:51 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Get rid of Warcraft’s biggest brand recognition and unique selling point? How about no.
    If the faction split is a USP than the game really is in a desperate place.

Good PvE was always the USP of WoW and to defeat the BBEG those factions did put aside the conflict in almost every expansion. PvP was always just an afterthought but never the main focus. After so many times forming a coalition the conflict feels stale, uninspired and forced upon the players outside of BGs. It feels like we keep the conflict alive for the sake of the conflict and with stronger focus on telling an overarching story during an expansion with cutscenes etc, this becomes more and more apparent.

If the faction split should become the USP, PvP and especially WPvP would need to become the main focus with Faction v. Faction war and actual territorial changes due to conquest and domination. Even if this would be possible due to the massive faction imbalance on most realms this would drive many PvE players away, myself included.

OT: I'm totaly for the end of factions as we know it so I can finally have at least a Horde alt and play with my wife who is a hardcore-gnome...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    They should have long added that "Mercenary" mode for LFG/R.
    Honestly who cares for LFG/R? The problem lies in organized play with the lack of options to find a competent raid as Alliance or the pool to fill your M+Group...
    Last edited by Moonsorrow; 2019-07-02 at 11:51 AM.