Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Why are we even using desolate council as an insight into Forsaken culture? They are a Golden asspull.
    Golden might not be the best, but post-Wrath Forsaken culture has been hot garbage and mostly nothing to the point where the Desolate Council was at least SOMETHING.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Golden might not be the best, but post-Wrath Forsaken culture has been hot garbage and mostly nothing to the point where the Desolate Council was at least SOMETHING.
    Oh it was something allright. A blatant retcon because Golden cannot be arsed to learn anything about Forsaken, so she writes them as the only thing she knows when writing something other than humans. Pathetic maggots that aspire to be humans.

Why are we even using desolate council as an insight into Forsaken culture? They are a Golden asspull.
    Two things :

1. No one was using it as insight into Forsaken culture; merely offering it as an example for what to expect for die-hard (literally!) Sylvanas loyalists.
    2. Books are cannon, and in this case, those characters were even given in-game tombstones.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2019-07-02 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Two things :

1. No one was using it to define or explain Forsaken culture, just noting what became of die-hard (literally!) loyalists of Sylvanas.
    2. Books are cannon, and in this case, those characters were even given in-game tombstones.
    So Genn has a tail?

Just to make sure everyone understands how terribly EVIL Sylvanas is. She is so evil, not even the Human Potential of the glorious God-Emperor Anduin could sway her from commiting those atrocious deeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

This is why this split questline was doomed to fail from the beginning. The Saurfang/Sylvanas dilemma will be concluded with this expansion. So like somebody else said, eventually the Forsaken loyalists will be forced to split from Sylvanas.

I choose Sylvanas all the time. Cuz I am an evil Forsaken, I don't care, I follow Sylvanas (eww RP). Blizzard will decide when it's time for me to stop following her

Also, RIP my old account.

So Genn has a tail?
    She even called out that mistake herself. One mistaken physical description of a character =/= major characters/plot points to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    She even called out that mistake herself. One mistaken physical description of a character =/= major characters/plot points to the story.
    Too bad that she also made mistakes when it came to major characters/plot points because she cannot be arsed to write anything other than humans or human supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Let's crack open that book and find out.
    p253 Having no family for the get together, she chats up with a friendly hooded priestess about her recently passed husband and the ring she brought.
    p259 Calia is revealed. "I'm sorry, Your Majesty, I can't betray my queen. Not even for you. Retreat!" [back to Thoradin's wall to comply with Sylvanas's orders]

p262 "They had come with no hatred in their hearts for Sylvanas. These were only people who wanted to see friends andfamily they thought were forever beyond their reach. But their warchief, their own Dark Lady, she who had made them and above all others should be safe-guarding their well-being, had ordered her rangers to shoot into their midst."

There's also a gem in there where the Felstone brothers get shot in in the back while trying to protect their ailing mother on her way back to the keep. (Convinced Sylvanas was trying to murder their families, which honestly being the first conclusion they come to says a lot.)

So yeah if you're a loyalist, or just trying to protect some innocent people amidst the coming chaos, you're probably going to die. Good thing we players can respawn!
    quotes from another characther that i could see sylvanas say after that event :

"This is the least of my crimes"
    "Sacrifes must be made. The few , for the many"
    "The more they try to kill me , the more they reveal i am on the right path"
    "Tell me again all the crimes i've commited and i'll tell you the price of victory"
    "Pity stay the hand of the mercifull but not mine"
    "I cannot lead if i allow fools to stumble about before me"
    "They expect me to play fairly , we aren't even playing the same game"

Sylvanas loyalists should just have their accounts deleted.

The whole problem with Forsaken culture is Blizzard tends to write one-dimensional, monomaniacal characters. Sylvie and the Forsaken were shaped entirely around "revenge on Arthas" and not much else. Fast forward to Wrath, and the writing team goes "Oh shit, now what?" and pulls out the modern version, where the Forsaken are nothing but meat shields. She "cares" about them insomuch as they keep her out of hell, and they have no real motivation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

So, now that we know the future of Alliance and Horde ties, *cut*
    What do we know? Best you can do is speculate.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    What happens to us Alliance supremacists who want vengeance and genocide?
    We got to kill one of Sylvanas's faceless ghost harem, so really all's fair and settled obviously.
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

t. the target demographic for the nu-Forsaken.

The Forsaken were indeed changed post-Wrath, as they should be, but not with nothing. The entire free will business/voluntary undeath thing stems from there, the reclamation of their Lordaeron identity, the transhumanist "maybe undeath is better" bent, their relationship with the Horde now that they actually have one instead of being ignored by other Horde races, etc. The conceit of the Forsaken as considering themselves to have value separate from what is ascribed to them by the living largely stems from Cataclysm, when they stepped back from defining themselves solely by their enemy.

BTS on the other hand destroyed everything prior to it to make them sad humans with a skin condition who's only form of validation stems from Anduin. It's a scorched earth demolition of their entire shtick up to that point in service of the opposite faction's leader to show how nice he is.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-07-02 at 09:00 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    a shame , i would gladly accept my fate for sticking with sylvanas . would be a nice way to end my wow adventures as death is better than what is to come in world of peacecraft and unifaction .
    You can always delete it yourself.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

No, see, Sylvanas runs away but tells you to be her spy. This is never expanded on besides Sylvanas sending you letters once a month that get mixed up with the Brew of the Month club.
    Sylvanas travels back in time with the help of another member of the Bronze Dragon Flight, grows a mustache and founds the brew of the month club! We've been getting encoded messages from her for years! She sends us potions that make us do her bidding every month! AZERITE CANNOT MELT THORIUM BEAMS!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    You can always delete it yourself.
    that doesn't feel the same , suicide is'nt the same as being murderered. i probably just continue to not play and stay unsubscribed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because the Forsaken's sole purpose was to get revenge on Arthas.
    Once they did that, Blizzard stopped caring, reducing them to a crappy scourge stand-in.
    Ironically, the forsaken are a playable race for those who liked the Scourge in warcraft 3
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by El Caballero de Olmedo View Post
    That would have been a bit too extreme. I wonder how can a seasoned developer could even think doing such a thing.
    It would be a better fate than whatever the fuck is happening to the factions/ lore characters afterwards. Infact, I would 100% be fine with my character being a mob in the hypotethical Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Because the Forsaken's sole purpose was to get revenge on Arthas.
    Once they did that, Blizzard stopped caring, reducing them to a crappy scourge stand-in.
    Ironically, the forsaken are a playable race for those who liked the Scourge in warcraft 3
    But they are boring and lose pretty much in every scenario, the ebon blade in legion was more scourge than what the forsakens could ever aspire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself