Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    That's not true. The violent extremists have hijacked the movement. Now all anyone thinks of when they hear antifa is a bunch of unemployed losers with guy fawkes masks that look like they crawled out of their parents basement to throw rocks and hit people with crowbars or bike locks.
    You say "anyone", when you only mean yourself. You're projecting your own irrational leaps of illogic onto everyone else.

Yes, and then they should cause some actual terrorism.

Shoot up some right protests, fucking bleed them, let them know what violence feels like when they're copping it.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Yes, and then they should cause some actual terrorism.

Shoot up some right protests, fucking bleed them, let them know what violence feels like when they're copping it.
    Wow...you are serious. Unfuckingbelievable.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    same reason feminism is still a thing.

Went from voting rights to bitching about womens world cup pay.
    Antifa went from punching 'Nazi's to attacking gay journalists

These are near political forces. It is not possible for them to disband and say mission accomplished.
    So true, (apart from that they already from the start had to make up nazis because they where so few).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    There are more than 30 different neo-nazi groups active in the US right now. Mission accomplished!

Damn those women, they demand equal pay for equal work? That's ridiculous!
    Do those 30 groups think of themself as neo-nazis or just someone else lable them that?

They demand equal pay even though they work less hours. They already have same salary for same work in most civilized countries, the differance in pay is only because work less and because they dont push for higher salary individually.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    They demand equal pay even though they work less hours.
    This is false, that's not what women are demanding at all.

They already have same salary for same work in most civilized countries, the differance in pay is only because work less and because they dont push for higher salary individually.
    This is also not accurate. The US Women's soccer team, who actually win the World Cup, work just as hard and put in just as much time as their male colleagues. I can appreciate arguments for pay related to the overall sponsorship/ad funding received to a point, but pushing the "women are lazy" argument is just blatant sexism.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is false, that's not what women are demanding at all.

This is also not accurate. The US Women's soccer team, who actually win the World Cup, work just as hard and put in just as much time as their male colleagues. I can appreciate arguments for pay related to the overall sponsorship/ad funding received to a point, but pushing the "women are lazy" argument is just blatant sexism.
    Then they already got what they asked for.

Sorry but for sports and artists they get a cut from what brought in. So if womens soccer bring in less money then mens they cant have same salary. They have to look at sold tickets and the whole industry around it. You get a part of what you manage to bring in. If more people where intrested in women sports they would earn more money. A artist that noone wants to pay to listen to cant demand the same money as another that people love to pay for just because that artist is from x gender or x race.

Sorry but for sports and artists they get a cut from what brought in. So if womens soccer bring in less money then mens they cant have same salary. They have to look at sold tickets and the whole industry around it. You get a part of what you manage to bring in. If more people where intrested in women sports they would earn more money.
    Actually, I just looked into this a bit and...it's horse shit.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-wom...es-11560765600

Per the Wall Street Journal, the women's matches have both higher ticket sales and earn more in advertising revenue. Their 2015 win generated more revenue than the mens team did that year.

So I was wrong earlier - women's teams bring in as much, if not more money than men's teams while doing the same work. They're getting screwed purely because of their gender and it's rank sexism.

I'll end this here because we're getting off-topic, but happy to continue the discussion via PM's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Its not an orginisation.
    This is pretty true that it's a headless snake. Just make it illegal to be masked during protests or at all and it would fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You say "anyone", when you only mean yourself. You're projecting your own irrational leaps of illogic onto everyone else.
    Do you disagree that the extremists hijacked the movement though?

It's neither an organisation, nor terrorists, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    which is pretty much everyone who disagrees with them.
    Just gonna post this again:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    That's not true. The violent extremists have hijacked the movement. Now all anyone thinks of when they hear antifa is a bunch of unemployed losers with guy fawkes masks that look like they crawled out of their parents basement to throw rocks and hit people with crowbars or bike locks.
    Rather telling that two years later the worst example of "antifa extremists" you have is still an elderly professor swinging a bike lock.

Meanwhile there were at least 50 murders by people with connections to right wing extremism last year alone.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/e...19-1?r=US&IR=T
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do those 30 groups think of themself as neo-nazis or just someone else lable them that?
    The swastika gives it away most of the time, but it's also the FBI that labels them as neo-nazis but what do they know, right?

They demand equal pay even though they work less hours. They already have same salary for same work in most civilized countries, the differance in pay is only because work less and because they dont push for higher salary individually.
    You are aware that this was especially about the US women soccer team? In sports general, women are paid less. In most civilized countries, women still are paid less if the salary isn't defined.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's not equal work though. The job in sports is to offer entertainment and the valuation of entertainment comes from you ability to attract viewers. When they can sell as many and as expensive tickets as the men, then they can claim equal work and demand equal pay.
    They sold more.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Terrorists, yes.

Organization, not so much...at least not yet.

Unlike right-wing or islamo-fascist terrorists they have a gross sycophantic apology cult as well as being almost invisible to MSM news networks.

They specialize in attacking centrists, moderates, and innocent bystanders who have nothing to do with their protests.

They are so effective in their incompetence you honestly have to wonder if they aren't actually controlled opposition for the far right.

After all attacking yourself is the most effective way to gain allies. For example if I was an unpopular president I would feed my media allies a fake russian spy story that was so outlandish reasonable people would have no choice but to defend me while radicals would foam at the mouth. This process would go on for about 2 years or so until it came time to start a war or run for reelection. Just like OP it's a very effective tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are now circulating (without evidence) rumors that "antifa" are putting battery acid as well as cement into the milkshakes.

Remind me again how this isn't intentional misinformation designed to justify violent reprisal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I think due to its lack of organizational structure, Antifa cannot by nature be a terrorist organization. Hell, it's also like the same reason you have such a mob mentality going in an attacking everybody. Republicans, conservative ideology, pro-gun... any of this can be fashioned for marching and labeling fascist threats and attacking. When the counter-protest won over, they have reports taking on police and journalists because they protected fascists and "narced" on them.

The concern I have with Antifa is some groups have already started making blanket statements of what fascism is. One prominent one is about gun laws if I remember right. And with any group, this will be a considerable tactic to use, cause I do not think Antifa plans on abolishing themselves when true fascism is gone, just like our government recently pulled with the middle-east, they'll say new forms of fascism rose up, in forms of Republicans, conservatives or anything that can be directly opposed against. I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case after the 2020 elections. Cause the response will be ripe for the misconstruing of idealism. And it won't even matter who wins.

Hell, this is anecdotal from a personal experience, but since I am fiscally conservative (I earned my keep, and I work hard for it) I have been called a fascist and a nazi on different occasions cause I refuse to champion and donate to literally every democratic representative that knocks on my door. It's only a matter of time where someone gets just that tidbit and takes aim at me, or someone like me, for a similar altercation. Because the lack of organization of the group, anyone can be Antifa, and those anybodies can have a grudge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Terrorists, yes.

Organization, not so much...at least not yet.

Unlike right-wing or islamo-fascist terrorists they have a gross sycophantic apology cult as well as being almost invisible to MSM news networks.

They specialize in attacking centrists, moderates, and innocent bystanders who have nothing to do with their protests.

They are so effective in their incompetence you honestly have to wonder if they aren't actually controlled opposition for the far right.

After all attacking yourself is the most effective way to gain allies. For example if I was an unpopular president I would feed my media allies a fake russian spy story that was so outlandish reasonable people would have no choice but to defend me while radicals would foam at the mouth. This process would go on for about 2 years or so until it came time to start a war or run for reelection. Just like OP it's a very effective tool.
    Cool conspiracy theory that you could stop believing if you read the Mueller report.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Consideration is being given to declaring ANTIFA, the gutless Radical Left Wack Jobs who go around hitting (only non-fighters) people over the heads with baseball bats, a major Organization of Terror (along with MS-13 & others). Would make it easier for police to do their job!
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...05025121132545

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Cool, very cool, any left-wing opposition to fascism is now terrorism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Absolutely. It’s way overdue. Left Wing radicals have been tolerated for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Absolutely. It’s way overdue. Left Wing radicals have been tolerated for far too long.
    What about the more violent, more extremist, more dangerous right wing? Considering there hasn't been a death by left wing "terrorists" since probably the fucking 80s. 2005-2016, 73% of the deaths by terrorists were by white nationalist right wing terrorists. But nooo, we have to go against the group that is trying to keep this country from devolving into a fascist state by fighting white nationalist terrorists.