Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    considering that fox is not a news network according to the FCC and they refuse to get the classification (so they can continue to lie unabashedly)how can anyone trust them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Two things completely wrong with this post:

1. Victim shaming.

2. You're saying that if someone doesn't like death threats, they should stop doing the thing that's getting them death threats? Do you realize how unbelievably bad that reasoning is?
    Obviously if there are actual death threats they should report it to the police and present the evidence of such

The article makes no mention of police involvement i believe?

Of course falsely reporting death threats if none have happened is probably a crime

Fox news, hmm dunno about that.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    When you can provide evidence to back up your claims, I will gladly back up my opinion.

Can you back up your opinion please?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's actually become quite common in American discourse for people to claim death threats with no evidence. Not even just in politics, either. But we've adopted this general policy in society where you can't automatically disbelieve people who claim to be victims, so it is what it is.
    Reporting to the police i meant..

I think there are few if any american posters who default to the assumption of innocence when the person in question is in the other political camp. So i assume, though i can be wrong, that you are wrong there.

Which is not to say that i claim it is different anywhere else

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Can you back up your opinion please?
    And I did, you are welcome.

If it happened that is bullshit and shouldnt happen.

But I don't really believe it happened and these parents using their kid for this shit is stupid.

It's actually become quite common in American discourse for people to claim death threats with no evidence. Not even just in politics, either. But we've adopted this general policy in society where you can't automatically disbelieve people who claim to be victims, so it is what it is.
    Absolutely no mention of police getting involved. Fuck off with this bullshit, it was a stunt.

Quote Originally Posted by 7777 View Post
    What kind of POS do you have to be to no only exploit your 8-year-old daughter for boomer clicks but also pretend you got death threats when people tell you you're being a weirdo?
    Let's entertain the idea that the girl was being exploited. Does that justify death threats? Because you seem to be implying that.. Or did you pick the wrong thread?

2 things

1) People should not be subjected to death threats.

2) Children should not be exploited as tools for their parents political opinions.

If the death threats are real...the people that made them should be ashamed and any legal or civil action that can be taken against them should be.

Either way..the decision to stop making these videos was the right one.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    Let's entertain the idea that the girl was being exploited. Does that justify death threats? Because you seem to be implying that.. Or did you pick the wrong thread?
    We have yet to see any evidence of these death threats.

Fuck those parents using their daughter in the manner they do, and fuck the people making threats. The hell is wrong with people.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Wow. what kind of POS do you have to be to not only make death threats but make threats at an 8-year-old
    same people that had their kids out there protesting the Dixie Chicks and threatening their lives just because they said 1 sentence about Bush
    sicko's and political nut cases

But I am one to wonder how true these so called threats are.

Quote Originally Posted by 7777 View Post
    What kind of POS do you have to be to no only exploit your 8-year-old daughter for boomer clicks but also pretend you got death threats when people tell you you're being a weirdo?
    Ok, glad you're then admitting that Blasey Ford pretended she got death threats.....oh wait they're only real when it's someone you support.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    In a way it's no different form the GOP exploiting people like Zenkai.
    In a way it's no different than the media parading around Parkland students and then saying "AMG YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH THEM THEY ARE CHILDREN....except the one who still supports guns he's shit"

10+ Year Old Account
    People here defending a child receiving threats making fun of their favorite future failure of a presidential candidate. What a shock.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    People here defending a child receiving threats making fun of their favorite future failure of a presidential candidate. What a shock.
    Post one person ok with death threats.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know when you're in 1st grade and has a crush on a girl but don't know to deal with your emotions so you act a bit mean to her? You know, because are supposed to be gross and have cooties.

Thats the Right and their relationship with AOC. They have a crush on her politically and emotionally but can't admit that they've fallen this brilliant person on the other side. So they obsess over her, spending all this time 'hating' on her because she makes them tingle when she looks at them. By one day, one day, they'll be man enough to undying love and admiration towards her. Until then she will continue to be their meme queen.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Has there even been one person applauding death threats in this thread?

Some doubting such threats were ever made, but I didn't see anyone actually defending the hypothetical threats themselves.

I gotta say I thought parents influencing their kid to be some trans advocate was retarded, and this is on the same level in my eyes. People threatening either party(kid) are pretty terrible.

I was really hoping some teen had pulled a Cartman-esque stunt and traded Jennifer Lopez for Ms. Cortez, thus, I am very disappointed.

Literally no one is defending death threats. Your willingness to straight-up invent fictional opponents is the only thing shocking here.