Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Things you dislike about your generation

Can be anything

I will start

Some of them liking Justin Bieber , One Direction etc

10+ Year Old Account
    How sensitive people are these days. Everything is racist, sexist, or just offensive in some way. How we all have to be inclusive to people these days so no one feels left out or has their sensitive feelings hurt. This whole generation has become so pathetic and weak it's embarrassing.

I wish I was born earlier so I could've experienced the happier years of the 70s and 80s when people just lived life and didn't bitch about every single little thing and demand everything be banned or canceled.

15+ Year Old Account
    Actually, I think my generation is the best and has the least to dislike about. I'm a millennial (1982 - 1996). We're not into working like slaves like those 40+ years old but would rather work less and enjoy life more. Meanwhile, a lot of us had childhood before phones and computers which was awesome.
    Well, if I had to nitpick, I guess that we got fucked by the economic collapse in 2008 and that we're probably the poorest generation because of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a Gen Xer. Overall I love my generation.

Although if I had to pick something it’s Gen Xers are cynical as fuck. Whatever it is you’re saying we likely don’t believe you. It’s not that we think you’re lying, we just don’t believe you.

It’s ok because whatever your story is at least make your bullshit interesting.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Born 1971, to be honest there is nothing wrong with my generation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    How sensitive people are these days. Everything is racist, sexist, or just offensive in some way. How we all have to be inclusive to people these days so no one feels left out or has their sensitive feelings hurt. This whole generation has become so pathetic and weak it's embarrassing.

I wish I was born earlier so I could've experienced the happier years of the 70s and 80s when people just lived life and didn't bitch about every single little thing and demand everything be banned or canceled.
    Translated: I wish I was born earlier so I could be free to be sexist and racist with no repercussions.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Actually, I think my generation is the best and has the least to dislike about. I'm a millennial (1982 - 1996). We're not into working like slaves like those 40+ years old but would rather work less and enjoy life more. Meanwhile, a lot of us had childhood before phones and computers which was awesome.
    Well, if I had to nitpick, I guess that we got fucked by the economic collapse in 2008 and that we're probably the poorest generation because of that.
    Not to mention we need to work harder/longer to get the same benefits of previous generations and have to listen to "how hard it was back in my day" When you could just pop in and ask for a job and only had to compete vs a couple lads/lassies around your neighborhood instead of competing with the entire world on websites that only care about your credentials not your ability/work ethic

And when one income earner was enough to buy a house and have good holidays. Now we are slaves to investors and shareholders so a few get rich and the rest live poor to middle income lives.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    Born 1971, to be honest there is nothing wrong with my generation at all.
    your generation gave away workers rights to corporations but this would have probably always happened so /shrug.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-07-05 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pessimism I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Translated: I wish I was born earlier so I could be free to be sexist and racist with no repercussions.
    Yeah, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    your generation gave away workers rights to corporations but this would have probably always happened so /shrug.
    Umm. No. The baby-boomers were guilty of that, not Gen-Xers.

Baby-boomers benefitted from decent workers' rights in their youth then promptly dispensed with them when they attained positions of power in their 40s / 50s.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by staresun View Post
    Translation "I'm a miserable cunt that resents not being able to call black people niggers and sexually harass women (since I never get any). I dream of a time when white people just got by on privilege and didn't have to try...".

- - - Updated - - -

Those of us 40+ years old had it much easier than your generation. It was possible to get by on one salary when we were young. Not as easy as it was in the sxities when you could work in a factory and raise a family, but easier.

Your generation has been fucked in the ass. The banks essentially taxed the shit out of you via money printing without you even noticing that much. You should be all livid.
    Didn't really mean to say you worked like slaves, more like your generation dedicated more time to work. I read that the main problem employers have with the millennial generation is that we're not loyal. And some claim we're lazy. I wouldn't argue against either of those claims.
    I can't complain about my job. I don't earn much, but being employed in a government organization, I got tons of freedom and more vacation days than those who work in the public sector. It also is a safe job since government organizations don't go bankrupt or fire people (most of the time).

I don’t know if it’s a generational thing or just everybody but most people aren’t very educated, especially in science related topics. People who always ask “wtf I’ll never use this” are the ones who think anecdotal evidence is valuable. We’re getting better though, but my god most people are fucking dumb. Also, it’s really not that impressive or difficult to be decently educated, which is why everyone being so dumb is that much worse.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    People.

I dislike people from my generation.

I believe every single generation has been just as diverse as the other, it's just the subject matters changing. So I wouldn't say I dislike my generation as such, since I've seen unsavory traits across the board of currently living generations.

I'm also a firm believer that younger people improve the world where the older are set in their ways and would rather not see change.

It's probably not a my-generation-only thing, but..

When I was little, i HATED when old people said stuff like "you kids dont have any respect anymore. Everything was better when I was little" i'm sure you heard that kind of stuff yourself.

And now my generation does the same shit. Already. In their mid-twenties. Trying to belittle everything thats new and claiming how we were any better.
    "Kids these days are always on their phones" ... and we have been on our gameboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I am a young Gen X kid living on the borders of the millennial's, apart of the 'forgotten generation', 'MTV generation' or 'latchkey generation', big mistake is millennial's just seem to think we're baby boomers.

Not sure I can really say anything bad about my generation personally. Can probably say more bad stuff about myself than a whole group of people.

We did get a lot of slack in news media for being lazy, anti-social, anti-authoritarian and called the broken youth of that generation due to high divorce rates around the 80's early 90's. lol.

We had great music though

Also this....
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-07-07 at 12:58 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

A strong sense of anti-intellectualism best summed up as "my feelings are as good as your knowledge." It's hard to pin that to a generation as parents persistently want to pass it onto their children for god knows what reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post

Pretty much this. Things that used to be laughed off as humour are now not allowed because some stupid wanker snowflake will say they're offended by it, get a life ffs. Some people need to get a grip and realise in the real world that 99% of people don't give a shit if something offends you, and in the majority of cases there's no reason to be offended anyway.

Also, social media. Social media can be very good to show pictures to friends, stay in contact, give some updates on your life such as kids etc, but it's blown way out of proportion. People's lives are ruled by social media nowadays and it's sad that when you go out to a restaurant, a bar, a night on the town etc, majority of people are too busy trying to tell everyone on social media that they're out rather than actually enjoying the fact that they're out in the first place! It's like a whole competition of my dick's bigger than your dick.

Poverty, alienation, existential dread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born 1981, my generation is okay, its just a little skimmed ahead of the ridiculous entitled outrage culture of today's 20 and younger generation
    #boycottchina