Poll: Which

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    Sylvanas is one of the best Characters World of Warcraft has and ever had. You can hate or like her. But on a objective matter, her character is great. Only because she does evil stuff it doesnt make her a bad character.
    Only because you are salty and obviously got your feeling hurt doesnt make her a bad Character. Evil characters arent bad because they are Evil.
    Look at Azshara. She is a Character who is Evil because of the sake of being Evil.
    Now look at Sylvanas. She is evil because its necessary for her. She is not evil for the sake of evil. Everything she does she thinks it has to be done. Thats what makes a great Character and not a one dimensional Villain like Azshara is or a one dimensional good guy like Anduin.
    Dont let your hurt little feelings decide what is a good character and whats not, you can still hate her.
    Excuse me? But this has to be the most fucked-up thinking i have ever read. You basically turned BOTH characters around 180°. Azshara is the one who does things because she believes they are necessary. She allied herself with Sargeras because she visioned a perfect worl of beauty and saw that his powers were far greater than anything on Azeroth (which they were). She then allied with N'Zoth to continue her reign and still fight for this "perfect" world she envisioned. Azshara has NEVER - not a single fucking time! - ever done something evil just for the sake of it. Everything serves a plan. Always.

Now look at Sylvanas. She has freaked out and totally lost her shit PLENTY of times. She may have had some kind of plan (Spoiler alert: There was no plan) why the destruction of the Night Elves was somehow "good" for her...or the Horde..or frankly anybody on Azeroth (spoiler alert: It was not)...but then she burned down the tree simply because she had to spite a dying woman who had fought valiantly to the end to defend her home and race. It reminded her too much of her own death at the hands of Arthas...and she saw that Summermoon was not yet as broken as she was back then...which angered her. She burned down the tree to torment a woman who would have died anyway. That was the ONLY reason why she did it. There was no more to it. No grand plan. No greater cause, No hidden truth. THIS is the truth. She is simply evil and hates both life and hope because she does not have any for her own.

Now, as you said: That does not make her a bad character. But please don't try and soemhow twist her into anything else but a simple evil puppet-character. Especially compared to characters like Azshara that indeed DO have a greater cause for what they do and don't.

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-07-07 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

5+ Year Old Account
    They will TRY making her like Lelouch. Try being the operative word. But it will be badly done so dunno if it will resemble Garrosh or Kerrigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    but then she burned down the tree simply because she had to spite a dying woman who had fought valiantly to the end to defend her home and race. It reminded her too much of her own death at the hands of Arthas...and she saw that Summermoon was not yet as broken as she was back then...which angered her. She burned down the tree to torment a woman who would have died anyway. That was the ONLY reason why she did it. There was no more to it. No grand plan. No greater cause, No hidden truth. THIS is the truth.
    Im not going to argue with you because of this ^ above here. This is the dumbest and most ignorant shit-post I ever read.
    You are straight lying here or simply didnt read the short story "A Good War" because everything you said above I quoted is a lie ridiculous how you dont know even the Lore and trying to portray your bad headcanon, that also totay ignores the canon lore, as "THIS IS THE TRUTH" .
    You probably just watched the Sylvanas Warbringer and stopped right there, full of salt, now you trying to act like you would know anything, when you dont. the "good war" short story tells us exactly why she burned the Tree and why she did everything else.

[Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-07-07 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by ilgynoth View Post
    Im not going to argue with you because of this ^ above here. This is the dumbest and most ignorant shit-post I ever read.
    You are straight lying here or simply didnt read the short story "A Good War" because everything you said above I quoted is a lie ridiculous how you dont know even the Lore and trying to portray your bad headcanon, that also totay ignores the canon lore, as "THIS IS THE TRUTH" .
    You probably just watched the Sylvanas Warbringer and stopped right there, full of salt, now you trying to act like you would know anything, when you dont. the "good war" short story tells us exactly why she burned the Tree and why she did everything else.
    its simple. the tree burned because Saurfang did not kill Malfurion
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I hope she ends up like Garrosh but I fear its going to be one of the other two options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I voted Garrosh 2.0, but that's only because it's the closest to what I am fairly sure will happen - that she's an old god puppet that's in over her head and is punted off in a side patch before N'zoth to serve as a roadblock for the Unifaction in the next expansion.

I like how you have such a low opinion of Blizzard that you think they're going to get rid of one of their most iconic remaining characters in a side patch. I'll say one thing, at least you're at the bottom of the barrel, so I guess you have that going for yourself.

A Garrosh 2.0 would be an insult as a customer, I don't care if she's in control or not, it's insulting. It literally happened 2 expansions ago, I will without a doubt never touch this game again if they take that route. It's an admition of being creatively bankrupt.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-07-08 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I like how you have such a low opinion of Blizzard that you think they're going to get rid of one of their most iconic remaining characters in a side patch. I'll say one thing, at least you're at the bottom of the barrel, so I guess you have that going for yourself.
    The character is a plot device meant to do whatever evil deed is necessary to contrive world peace and has barely featured in her own villain batting expansion up to this point. If they gave one bit of a fuck about how 'iconic' she is they wouldn't have put her in this role in the first place or made these endless execrable Saurfang cinematics. Booting her out of the story to go on a vacation in 8.2.5 so N'zoth can get the spotlight also makes sense in terms of not gutting their actual main bad guy in this one. They will then bring her back to initiate the next expansion.

Mod Edit: Don't discuss moderation.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-07-08 at 01:15 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    They're making us believe Garrosh 2.0/Lich Queen.

IDK redemption/no redemption there'll be a massive crowd of salty fans. She's one of the most evil characters of the franchise at this point yet still holds tons of fans for being such an iconic main character dating back to WCIII.
    Its really a question of it being a story that is TOO CLOSE to being Garrosh 2.0. Which is already is. She turns evil by burning teldrassil, now we've got an honorbound horde ready to dethrone her. We're already too close, regardless of outcome, for this NOT to be a boring rehash. Which is why it sucks. It sucks because the bulk of the speculation we can make about this outcome just reminds us of Garrosh, and makes us cover ground we already covered with Garrosh, and no-one wants to cover that ground again because its just boring. Its boring!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much anything but Garrosh 2.0 will be a tremendous let down. If Sylvy was supposed to be this machiavellian mind they really dropped the ball in every possible way in showing it. So just killing her off is the most harmless way of ending this expansion with some semblance of momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post

A Garrosh 2.0 would be an insult as a customer, I don't care if she's in control or not, it's insulting. It literally happened 2 expansions ago, I will without a doubt never touch this game again if they take that route. It's an admition of being creatively bankrupt.
    And Kerrigan 2.0 would be creativity and storytelling at its finest, yes? it would be EVEN MORE stupid. To kill her as fast as possible and then move on from this mess really is the best course of action they could take at this point.

Edit: I do love how salty everyone is in this thread tho, Blizz really did a good job of making literally everyone on every side unhappy
    Last edited by Rozz; 2019-07-08 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Removing Infraction Text.

To kill her as fast as possible and then move on from this mess really is the best course of action they could take at this point.
    Im sure thats what every Sylvanas hater dreams of

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Im sure thats what every Sylvanas hater dreams of
    nothing to do with liking or disliking her. its a simple matter of what would make the story even worse at this point, fastly killing her off, or keeping her around cause she did it all for some greater good. one of these two things is what blizz writers are capable of doing, and if killing her means moving on from this shit-show faster, its the better option. simple as that.

Whelp you have your answer..!!

#4MoreYears!
    #MakeTeldrassilBurnAgain
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."