Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think what the OP is trying to say is that there is no real story being told, we got 8.2 a couple of quests and now we're stuck doing dailies for x amount of time. It feels kind of hollow, like you are just racing to get pathfinder...then what? I do not agree with some people comparing this to the island of thunder and how sometimes the expansion story takes a back seat to .2 patches, Azshara is a MAJOR lore character with strong ties to the NE's and the NB, it is really lazy for them not to include more story and more depth to the start of the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    So the long awaited patch is finally out for several weeks now but we don't have any answers to any plot lines yet. Not even some continuations to them.

- what about derek proudmoore? Is he really a pupet? How did he manage to fit in living society?
    - who named sylvanas warchief? Why the most powerful undead creatures and death gods don't know anything about it and have no clues?
    - what about nzoth eye given to the players? Why nobody talks to the player outside two burglars in the docks. Is this just a vanity item?
    - what about horde choice made almost a year ago in Saurfang vs Sylvanas questline? Does it matter? Talking about internal rebellion aspect of this whole theme right now.
    - what power does Bwonsamdy have? Where is his power? How are they going along with Talanji? Why he never actually help the trolls and is so selfish? His only help was in Dazar'Alor where he proved himself being exceptionally weak. Not able to grant his chosen hero anything good to fight Alliance back.
    - what agenda and great plan Sylvanas have? Each patch we are reminded how she is very smart and has some great plans we just don't know about when in reality she is unable to communicate anything to us, her champions since the start of BFA. Look at Lordaeron scenario. She claimed that she has something against the Alliance but in reality she just blew it up. Is this all? Too much hype for nothing if you ask me.
    - who is Xalatath. Why Sylvanas is so excited to get the blade? What she knows about it? What power the blade has? Imagine if we are told about Frostmourne. From the first seconds of seeing it we know what it does and it's history develops throughout expansions.
    - what happened to gnome king? Is he dead? Is he gonna be healed?
    - any actual Azeroth story? The expansion is called Battle for Azeroth when in reality all we do is farm her blood for a year without story development despite the fact that Magni encourages us each time we complete daily quests by saying that she is almost healed up.
    - what about faction war? We got one small scenario on saving Baine and this is it. We still don't know who trusts the warchief and who doesn't. We don't know why she can't trust her plan to the Horde leaders. So many questions with no answers.
    - what about Tyrande and the whole Night Warrior thing? Why doesn't she unleash her power and vengeance on the horde cities? They are not too far away from night elf territories. Again, what power does she possess now? All we go is pompous cinematic on how cool she is now and that's basically is. Is she doing anything now?

I know much of this will be answered by the final Azshara cinematic but this is taking so long and I'm afraid some of the lines still won't progress and will be forgotten in time.

The story pacing in this expansion is very slow. I'm really tired of reading meaningless empty NPC phrases saying basically nothing and leading to no action. They develop patch for over half a year, it releases and we still got nothing on main expansion story lines. It is weird that the story content is not updated during the expansion and all the twists are saved for the end. Very weird story development and pacing.
    Well its WoW. Nothing makes sense anymore....

Ita either they are doing this on purpose to keep people watching, OR (which the ladder is probably true) they just are making this up as they goal alone without thinking about the future or if it will make sense.

cinematic is out and theres no lore

8.2 is officially a loreless filler patch in a filler expansion

bfa could not be more of an embarrassment

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    cinematic is out and theres no lore

8.2 is officially a loreless filler patch in a filler expansion

bfa could not be more of an embarrassment
    Except for the fact that Azshara lives, N'Zoth is completely freed, and the entire world of Azeroth (already clinging to life) is now imperiled with its supposed defenders still at each other throats.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post

I know much of this will be answered by the final Azshara cinematic but this is taking so long and I'm afraid some of the lines still won't progress and will be forgotten in time.
    This. This right here didn't age well at all.
    Last edited by yoma; 2019-07-09 at 07:09 PM.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Except for the fact that Azshara lives, N'Zoth is completely freed, and the entire world of Azeroth (already clinging to life) is now imperiled with its supposed defenders still at each other throats.
    The things you listed were basically accepted speculation on this site since the first mentions of Azshara having a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    The things you listed were basically accepted speculation on this site since the first mentions of Azshara having a raid.
    And now they're confirmed, and we have a clearer picture of what 8.3 is likely to be about.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

dude dont even try with this. everyone knew n'zoth was gonna get out of jail, the alliance and horde are already working together, the "imperiled" shit is just your flavor text to make this train wreck sound more interesting than it really is. the only question we had was if sylvanas was gonna do something interesting and the answer was no.

this expansion has aimed low and hit lower at every single plot point from beginning to end

And now they're confirmed, and we have a clearer picture of what 8.3 is likely to be about.
    Right but that means the cinematic had 0 shock and awe, there was no twist, no surprise it was "oh this is what we thought" and thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    dude dont even try with this. everyone knew n'zoth was gonna get out of jail, the alliance and horde are already working together, the "imperiled" shit is just your flavor text to make this train wreck sound more interesting than it really is. the only question we had was if sylvanas was gonna do something interesting and the answer was no.

this expansion has aimed low and hit lower at every single plot point from beginning to end
    "Everyone knew it" does not make something canon lore - it remain speculation until it is seen or told, and now it has been - that's what new lore is. People were speculating about Azshara's ultimate fate, whether or not Sylvanas would be involved, etc. etc. Now we know Azshara's fate, we know Sylvanas isn't directly involved in N'Zoth's freedom and several other pertinent facts.

I think you're trying to find fault where there really isn't any, beyond the subjective notion of something happening differently than you wanting it to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isilarya View Post
    Right but that means the cinematic had 0 shock and awe, there was no twist, no surprise it was "oh this is what we thought" and thats it.
    I'm not really sure why everyone was looking for a "twist." We were told the cinematic would show us the final villain of BfA and it seems to have done that. This idea of a twist always struck me as something the playerbase kind of inserted into the cinematic sight unseen. What happened here is what I expected, and that doesn't bother me at all, really.

"Everyone knew it" does not make something canon lore - it remain speculation until it is seen or told, and now it has been - that's what new lore is. People were speculating about Azshara's ultimate fate, whether or not Sylvanas would be involved, etc. etc. Now we know Azshara's fate, we know Sylvanas isn't directly involved in N'Zoth's freedom and several other pertinent facts.

I think you're trying to find fault where there really isn't any, beyond the subjective notion of something happening differently than you wanting it to.
    all i want is a story that has something interesting in it and blizzard is not capable of creating one apparently. this story is objectively trash and nothing notable has happened in its entire duration since the war of thorns.

see you in 6 months while we wait to see how much further they can drag this garbage out

I remember Golden Yags fan expansion concept Reign of Azshara.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ansion-Concept

And what we got instead is Naz'jatar ingame.

Tells you everything you need to know about these uninspired decision makers at Blizzard.

I disagree. Only thing we know is that Azshara survived and N'zoth is released. It still doesn't 100% imply that 8.3 will be about them. ToS cinematic showed us the portal to Argus, which made you sure we're going there next. This cinematic? Who knows. For all we know, N'zoth can hide in depths for some time and 8.3 can be about factions again or anything else really. Cause again, this cinematic doesn't give us any direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I disagree. Only thing we know is that Azshara survived and N'zoth is released. It still doesn't 100% imply that 8.3 will be about them. ToS cinematic showed us the portal to Argus, which made you sure we're going there next. This cinematic? Who knows. For all we know, N'zoth can hide in depths for some time and 8.3 can be about factions again or anything else really. Cause again, this cinematic doesn't give us any direction.
    The developers are on record as saying that the close of the Eternal Palace and its cinematic would show us "the final villain of BfA." The cinematic itself showed us the releasing of N'Zoth and Azshara's survival - so really, what do you think the final boss of 8.3 is going to be? We've also been told that Sylvanas won't be a raid boss, so who besides N'Zoth is it likely to be? It seems pretty cut and dry to me.

There's no way ignoring N'zoth is viable now. Outside of Battle for Daza'alor every raid has had an old god theme to it. The main story outside of warcampaign is old god. We've been pushed closer and closer to N'zoth at every step. N'Zoth is the end goal and maybe the blade is opening the door to Nyalotha to get him.

Are here it comes again. Fan headcanon with no waters to hold while grasping at straws.

The developers are on record as saying that the close of the Eternal Palace and its cinematic would show us "the final villain of BfA." The cinematic itself showed us the releasing of N'Zoth and Azshara's survival - so really, what do you think the final boss of 8.3 is going to be? We've also been told that Sylvanas won't be a raid boss, so who besides N'Zoth is it likely to be? It seems pretty cut and dry to me.
    Of course this is all told to us by pathological liars, so whatever can happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Of course this is all told to us by pathological liars, so whatever can happen.
    I'm usually inclined to take them at their word in the short term. Sure, plans have been changed in the past (like Grommash Hellscream being the end-boss of WoD), but generally it's more the exception than the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Azshara is a side-story because, as always in WoW, she is a checklist villain who only serves as N'zoths henchman. She is a big deal in Lore but never in WoW proper.

None of the story can progress until N'zoth comes out.
    No one could ever be a real big deal in game. If theyr were all as powerful as they are in lore we would never be able to clear a raid and possibly may dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Are here it comes again. Fan headcanon with no waters to hold while grasping at straws.
    Can I ask for some quality explaination of your point? Or did you just feel like randomly insulting someone out of spite?