Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Saw this coming, but hey, I'm not disappointed. I wanted more Azshara so I am happy about this outcome, I always thought it was utterly retarded that she would be a mid tier raid boss instead of a main villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    "The ending cinematic will show you who the final boss is."

*The ending cinematic not only didn't show you the final boss, but also added another name to the potential final boss pool: Azshara.*

Good job, Ion. Really nailed that PR moment.
    but but obviously Nzoth is going to use Azshara as a host body, or Nzoth will now appear in his full true continent size, or they will usher in a void invasion of some sort, or, or, or......

We totally know now!

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Can't wait for Taliesin to defend this as a cinematic masterpiece and lambaste everyone who expected something more just because "they only promised it would reveal the final boss, and that's N'Zoth! Lower your expectations next time!"
    So basically you can't wait for him to say something logical and completely in line? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    It turns out we were over-thinking it by expecting any story to occur at all.

It looks awesome af and it has all the story we need, what are you smoking?

N'Zoth gets freed and rescues Azshara (however she actually does not feel well)... it's pretty much what was expected to happen if you've paid close attention to all the teasing (or watched some youtube videos)

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    You mean except for the whole releasing an Old God upon the world now that is likely going to start freeing the others?

Yeah no story at all........... /s
    legit question:

Why would Nzoth realease any other Old Gods, IIRC according to lore, Old Gods spent eons fighting each other before the titans arrived which always seemed strange considering they all were puppets sent by the Void Lords. One would think they would exercise teamwork but apparently they did not. Why start now?

While a nice looking mini cinematic, it certainly told us nothing regarding BfA's plot. In fact, it made it even more confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    So correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the whole point of the Azshara fight that we are meant to stop her from breaking the wards that hold N'Zoth and by that logic when we beat her she doesn't succeed? Which would mean that the end cinematic is essentially a "You have to lose for the story to progress" moment? Additionally, fucking hell can't they just let Azshara die already? She's been baited around for years as some major player but has been mostly lame with her machinations and this recent patch is the newest addition to that joke pile. But nope she is getting Gul'dan'd for sure guise, a true "villain" who's been thwarted yet again but plot decrees she needs to live.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    It looks awesome af and it has all the story we need, what are you smoking?

N'Zoth gets freed and rescues Azshara (however she actually does not feel well)... it's pretty much what was expected to happen if you've paid close attention to all the teasing (or watched some youtube videos)
    I don't think he saved her - she doesn't look happy.

Compared to the KJ cinematic, that was just trash.

7+ Year Old Account
    So another Il'gynoth quote finally reveals itself:

At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming.

Interesting it would be Azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    The only disappointment is the fact that we've been expecting this exact outcome for like 8 months. If we didn't have any prior knowledge of this exact thing happening, like we had no idea Argus would show up above Azeroth in 7.2 after KJ, no one would mind the cinematic one bit cos they'd be losing their minds.
    That's the fault then of everyone who spoiled themselves with watching all the youtube speculation videos and paid close attention to all the foreshadowing and cryptic messages. Blizzard was never directly telling what was gonna happen, but you could puzzle the pieces together if you really wanted and IMHO that's a good thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Final death is when she dies in the N'Zoth raid and ushers in the return of the Void Lords, I guess?
    Not the Void Lords, but N'Zoth himself.

This is what it's leading to.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    That's the fault then of everyone who watched all the youtube speculation videos and really paid close attention to all the foreshadowing and cryptic messages. Blizzard was never directly telling what was gonna happen, but you could puzzle the pieces together if you really wanted and IMHO that's a good thing.
    Ion suggested that the final boss would be known at the end of the raid. I don't think any questions have been answered.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    This is really reaching
    I would have said that before seeing the cinematic. Afterwards, well, it's pretty obvious this is what they intended it to mean.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Can't wait for Taliesin to defend this as a cinematic masterpiece and lambaste everyone who expected something more just because "they only promised it would reveal the final boss, and that's N'Zoth! Lower your expectations next time!"
    Not even that, as slowpoke pointed out, that didn't really narrow it down. We lost one (if we believe Ion for second, let's humor that dolt) with Sylvans probably not being it and got another one by Azshara surviving. Also why would any sane person put much into the words of a completely deranged fanboy like taliesin.

The thing that unsettles me the most is that we now have two Lost smoke-monster villains.. maybe they can hook up.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    So correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the whole point of the Azshara fight that we are meant to stop her from breaking the wards that hold N'Zoth and by that logic when we beat her she doesn't succeed? Which would mean that the end cinematic is essentially a "You have to lose for the story to progress" moment? Additionally, fucking hell can't they just let Azshara die already? She's been baited around for years as some major player but has been mostly lame with her machinations and this recent patch is the newest addition to that joke pile. But nope she is getting Gul'dan'd for sure guise, a true "villain" who's been thwarted yet again but plot decrees she needs to live.
    No it isnt. You are not in palace to stop her from breaking chains. We had no clue what she is doing.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I would have said that before seeing the cinematic. Afterwards, well, it's pretty obvious this is what they intended it to mean.
    I think the reach is that her third death summons the Void Lords.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by benting View Post
    Ion suggested that the final boss would be known at the end of the raid. I don't think any questions have been answered.
    We exactly know who the endboss is now.: N'Zoth.

And AFAIK he only said that to Taleasin personally

Are they fucking retarded?

They have put one of the most, if not the most powerful living character in that freakin story in the half-expansion tier. They killed her, so that she played a role of plot device for N'zoth release. And then, they ress her back, because - well... why not? And surely, she will play the same role, that Garrosh played for Warlords of Draenor and Gul'dan for Legion, and partially Sargeras for Battle for Azeroth?

When that cycle of madness is going to end?

They didn't give her a proper background story that character such important as Azshara would require. I mean, this is nonsense. Not to mention it was THE MOST predictable ending for that storyline one could imagine. It's so disappointing and frustrating to see Blizzard rise up in 8.2 after falling on their knees, to see it fall once again. Literally, it's one of the biggest jokes ever from the story team. They should be fired at once.

And on top of that, IF they already chose the lamest path to go, which is the release of N'zoth, they didn't even care to give a proper cinematic.
    H O R R I F I C.

Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    Are they fucking retarded?

They have put one of the most, if not the most powerful living character in that freakin story in the half-expansion tier. They killed her, so that she played a role of plot device for N'zoth release. And then, they ress her back, because - well... why not? And surely, she will play the same role, that Garrosh played for Warlords of Draenor and Gul'dan for Legion, and partially Sargeras for Battle for Azeroth?

When that cycle of madness is going to end?

They didn't give her a proper background story that character such important as Azshara would require. I mean, this is nonsense. Not to mention it was THE MOST predictable ending for that storyline one could imagine. It's so disappointing and frustrating to see Blizzard rise up in 8.2 after falling on their knees, to see it fall once again. Literally, it's one of the biggest jokes ever from the story team. They should be fired at once.

And on top of that, IF they already chose the lamest path to go, which is the release of N'zoth, they didn't even care to give a proper cinematic.
    H O R R I F I C.
    I think you need to calm down there. It's not the end of the world, hopefully this leads to some follow up storyline and not a waiting room for 8.3