Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Also, and the answer to this question is obvious, why didn't Jaina and Theron just kill Azshara? They were just slowly walking towards her instead of delivering the final blow to one of the most despicable beings on Azeorth. I mean, Jaina even had an arcane blast conjured on her hand.
    I mean they just realized that everything they did was planned by azshara and they played right into her hands. They where rightfully cautious as this might have been another part of her plan or another trap.

All in all a good cinematic, but it fails to give even one answer to open questions.

jesus can you just step back and look at the state of this patch

they used up azshara for this

azshara

she could easily have had a full expansion focused on her but they used her for a painful daily quest area of generic naga shit that was overshadowed by a gnome b-story, and then her cinematic is just that she gets yeeted into a black hole and n'zoth is free just like everyone assumed he would be. hahaha so long suckers, you thought you were going to fight a villain with charisma but it was me, the same old old gods. woOoOoOoOo watch out for our scary whispers

tyrande and malfurion not showing up is a drop in the ocean of the sheer lost potential here.

what does n'zoth being free even mean he sure seems to be all over the place and im pretty sure we were in a giant old god tentacle slime pit with a giant n'zoth eye and if that was him i have to assume he was already a little bit free from his prison

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I mean they just realized that everything they did was planned by azshara and they played right into her hands. They where rightfully cautious as this might have been another part of her plan or another trap.

All in all a good cinematic, but it fails to give even one answer to open questions.
    Did Jaina unlock the "Rightfully Cautious" talent trait in 8.2? Because at Lordaeron she certainly wasn't cautious, falling for Sylvanas' cheap traps multiple times.

I shall count this as character development for Jaina, I suppose.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-07-09 at 06:56 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Maybe it's just because we were expecting some sort of a plot twist, but I felt like this one lacked oomph. Perhaps people who haven't been following some of the speculation and foreshadowing will be surprised by it. I mean it was a fine ending cinematic and all, but BfA feels like it needs to be making big moves with its story at this point. The cinematic with Thrall and Jaina felt *far* more significant in terms of its implications for the plot.

Somehow, I feel that this cinematic is intentionally underwhelming so people will focus their attention back to Sylvanas and faction conflict again, totally not MoP 2.0 style.

Now, Azshara also qualifies for the “At the hour of her third death, she ushers in our coming.” Once during WoA, once at the Eternal Palace, and then one more time when we inevitably fight her again.

I like how no one gives a fuck that another world ending threat just got out of prison.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    idk why people think black empire is expansion worthy. sure you or i could think of a fun expansion with that as a setting but this is blizzard. they couldnt figure out how to make emerald nightmare an expansion or argus more than 3 mini-zones, 2 of which were identical

they are so uninspired its beyond belief
    You have no idea how let down I was with how they handled the Emerald Dream/Nightmare. It's supposed to be this vast dreamscape where creativity and imagination would know no bounds that I was saying could be expansion worthy for years. And they turned it in to a portal room.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by zorrka View Post
    Well, Ion promised that by the end of Eternal Palace we'll know for sure who's the next boss will be. I don't know about you, but I have no fucking clue right now, so there should be something else on the Mythic kill and this is Blizzard just fucking with us.
    Or there's nothing and blizzard fucks with us big time
    Lor'themar and Jaina talks about the Alliance and the Horde having to work together to defeat N'Zoth. So it might be Sylvanas, and that will lead to the next expansion with N'Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    So this patch leads to nothing in the lore department, good to know, see you in 8.3.
    No but alot in the story department.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    Somehow, I feel that this cinematic is intentionally underwhelming so people will focus their attention back to Sylvanas and faction conflict again, totally not MoP 2.0 style.

Now, Azshara also qualifies for the “At the hour of her third death, she ushers in our coming.” Once during WoA, once at the Eternal Palace, and then one more time when we inevitably fight her again.
    Focus on what? Sylvanas does not have a single line this patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    You have no idea how let down I was with how they handled the Emerald Dream/Nightmare. It's supposed to be this vast dreamscape where creativity and imagination would know no bounds that I was saying could be expansion worthy for years. And they turned it in to a portal room.
    sadly creativity and imagination are 2 things that blizzard does not have in any real capacity

10+ Year Old Account
    Aszhara is a pass by villain :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I like how no one gives a fuck that another world ending threat just got out of prison.
    Honestly at this point in warcraft story would you give a fuck ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Its wasted energy anyway. We will kick N'zoths weak ass as we kicked the ass of any other major villain.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's another classic "you beat the big bad of this patch, oops he succeeded and got away, shoulda been on the ball there heroes" wow cinematic. The exact same thing that happened with Garrosh and Gul'dan prior.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

lets make a 2:45 min cinematic about Baine, Jaina and her brother and 2:20 about Thrall, Jaina, Baine and Saurfang both of them useless but when is about a raid boss that can have some lore or a bit of insight we make a 1 min cinematic

Why no Old God drums like in the Warbringer ? This would have been such a nice & subtle way to deliver N'Zoth. Expected to see a bit more but meh, we'll see where they go with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    These "lol got ya" tropes in WoW with the patch villain getting away at the last second is getting annoying.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    No but alot in the story department.
    Yes. Baine and N'zoth have been freed.

Nothing new about Nazjatar, the Naga and their society. No further characterization of Azshara beyond: "Me arrogant queen. Me want power!" No build up for other antagonists. Thalyssra, Lor'themar, Jaina and Genn just repeat Dragon Ball one liners that could have been spoken by every character. The only new stuff is about the Ankoans and it is a more boring version of the "Draenei returning to Argus" story. And there are the Mechagnomes, they are gnomes... THAT LOVE TECHNOLOGY!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Honestly at this point in warcraft story would you give a fuck ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    Its wasted energy anyway. We will kick N'zoths weak ass as we kicked the ass of any other major villain.

Since we are unable to lose no matter how stupid we act I guess not giving a fuck is a appropiate reaction :P