Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Anybody feels bad with how Azshara was treated in this raid? For years, if you wanted to describe why is Azshara a threat in one sentence, you would most likely say "she is the most powerful mage". However, it can be felt AT ALL during her encounter.

Look at Thunder King. That was THE BOSS. His attacks felt so powerful. And when he was charging the whole room with his energy... so impactful. But Azshara? Meeleing for most of the fight. Does some RP. Summons adds. There are wards on the ground that charge and discharge and do stuff. Appearently she casts SOME spells during fight, but there are simple and do not do much. Hell, JAINA felt 1000x more of a mage in her fight. She was supposed to be so powerful but the only powerful thing she does happens when you /spit on her. LUL
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Anybody feels bad with how Azshara was treated in this raid? For years, if you wanted to describe why is Azshara a threat in one sentence, you would most likely say "she is the most powerful mage". However, it can be felt AT ALL during her encounter.

Look at Thunder King. That was THE BOSS. His attacks felt so powerful. And when he was charging the whole room with his energy... so impactful. But Azshara? Meeleing for most of the fight. Does some RP. Summons adds. There are wards on the ground that charge and discharge and do stuff. Appearently she casts SOME spells during fight, but there are simple and do not do much. Hell, JAINA felt 1000x more of a mage in her fight. She was supposed to be so powerful but the only powerful thing she does happens when you /spit on her. LUL
    maybe she was trying to buy time for breaking the prison. so this is why she did not use any hardcore spell or blizzard forgot about her power.

N'zoth it is. Waiting now for another top tier cinematic Old Soldier style to further the plot, or maybe another Warbringers-style cinematic?

Or, will there be something else at the end of the Mythic fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Lord have mercy on the poor souls who enlisted for 6 months.
    I'll be alright, you need not worry. Not even during WoD was there a problem as a raider, really.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-07-09 at 09:43 PM.

Underwhelming. Not because of the events portrayed, but how they were portrayed. One of the weakest cinematics in a long while, surely bellow all the other BfA & Legion cinematics, as well as most of WoD's.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Everyone of these kids are so impatient. Want the plot to be in the middle of an expansion patch. At least shows how freaky good the lore is right now.
    All the while they'll rage and throw the most hyperbolical bullshit around as if Blizzard slighted their moms.

She melees instead of constantly casting, that was so weird.
    They could've made her cast a phys spell on the tank (we don't get into deep balance shit) and more arcane stuff on the raid.

Look at Thunder King. That was THE BOSS. His attacks felt so powerful. And when he was charging the whole room with his energy... so impactful.
    Er, what? He was incredibly predictable, to the point my raid laughed at his over the top emotes ("Lightning! Seek my.. FOOOOOES!" Could you telegraph your punches harder, we're just not getting the point). Walk him around the room to each pole, and you're a third done. Intermission, he stands in the middle and has a seizure while we mop up adds. The only time it felt like a threat was the very end and that mostly from the annoyance of their newfound love of pushing us around the map, and even that was negated by most classes being able to cast on the move.

This cinematic was a sad joke, but at least Old God fights are usually good, and so far have a frantic, "we are so boned" feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I liked it alot. For the first time we are seeing an old god being released into the world. also seeing the eye from the deep was so awesome and scary. Just abit nervous about what they will use Azshara for now? but happy she survive.

Pretty sure we have to fight Azshara again as the last boss and next expansion will probably be alot of dragons and stuff to build up a force to try and deal with N´zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Jaina: "We got you now, Azshara!"

N'Zoth: "Joink!"

I think that dialogue would have made it better.
    You mean something like this

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, Azshara is not going to have a good time. She's not much of a Queen anymore, now that he's lose, she's the Old Gods' bitch. Kinda predictable, but eh, that's BFA.

Sylv will probably dodge that bullet atleast.

The cinematic by itself I really liked and the implications are quite horrible for Azeroth of course. I do however think, it's a little unfortunate that we will not see anything happening and/or coming from it until 8.3 or at earliest 8.2.5. If this was the end of the raid and once you go outside or return to the 'outside world' you see a black cloud and fire passing over the sky or something rising from the deep or...anything really... that happens, it would be cool. But once you finish the raid and see it, it's over and if anything comes from it it will be a few months or so away and until that the threat from the cinematic will be long gone.

Unless I'm wrong and something happens right after, which we have yet to see or even catch a glimpse of.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Welp, Azshara is not going to have a good time. She's not much of a Queen anymore, now that he's lose, she's the Old Gods' bitch. Kinda predictable, but eh, that's BFA.

Sylv will probably dodge that bullet atleast.
    My crystal ball tells me she's due for the 8.2.5 booting to clear the way for Unifaction vs N'zoth, now that we know he's the end boss.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Because Jaina, as a self insert, has a massive amount of plot armor.
    She didn't have to die. It would have just been more exciting to see tentacles start smashing the platform into pieces.

What is with this trendy new "self-insert" phrase? Is it trending on Twitter or something? I understand what it means, but is it the new way of taking a shot at a specific dev?

Was anyone else expecting a giant eye to appear in the blackness at the end of the scene? Would have made it a bit less underwhelming.

I'm happy I wasn't wrong and Azshara wasn't killed before her time, then again it all played out as expected so there's no wow factor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    My crystal ball tells me she's due for the 8.2.5 booting to clear the way for Unifaction vs N'zoth, now that we know he's the end boss.
    At this point I made my peace with her losing/giving up lthe WC position next patch and then fucking off to do her own thing. I'm fine with it by now. Too bad the other remaining characters are mostly fucking painfully bland or blabbering lawful morons, so RIP the Horde.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2019-07-09 at 10:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    Was anyone else expecting a giant eye to appear in the blackness at the end of the scene? Would have made it a bit less underwhelming.
    On my first watch I did, yes - right after Azshara is yanked back and out of sight, I thought N'Zoth's blazing eye would open to regard Lor'themar and Jaina. On subsequent views I kind of find myself liking that it doesn't, though; I like the silence filling after both entities have departed. It feels heavy with its own solemn air of "what the hell did we just witness?"
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

I wonder if Blizzard still even cares about community feedback on this if it's always the same "boo blizzard is lazy this is so underwhelming".

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    At this point I made my peace with her losing/giving up lthe WC position next patch and then fucking off to do her own thing. I'm fine with it by now. Too bad the other remaining characters are mostly fucking painfully bland or blabbering lawful morons, so RIP the Horde.
    I'm more salty about losing Gallywix to fully induce noblesavagery upon this godless faction, but my hope is that at least the Mag'har will get away with being interesting by staying too irrelevant to feature.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.