Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm usually inclined to take them at their word in the short term. Sure, plans have been changed in the past (like Grommash Hellscream being the end-boss of WoD), but generally it's more the exception than the rule.
    The whole Grommash being the end boss in WoD was more of a "Fuck off and stop asking questions." kind of response after months of being asked. At the Blizzcon reveal Q&A they were asked if the end boss was going to be Grom or any orc and the blizzard answer was "WoD will not have an end boss that's an Orc."

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    That is simply not true. I literally just ran 3 alts through MoP and it is fresh in the mind. The rest is not true either, but the Jade stuff jumps right out. There's 3 different questlines with Mogu in Jade Forest. Your argument is entirely invalid. Mogu were a third of the story of MoP. Their dungeon was available prior to max level. It is no surprise we fight them in raids.
    So what did Mogu do in dread wastes? Towloning steppes or valley of four winds. or what did the mogus in krasarang wilds have to do with Lei shen except share his race?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    So what did Mogu do in dread wastes? Towloning steppes or valley of four winds. or what did the mogus in krasarang wilds have to do with Lei shen except share his race?
    The Mogu invaded the Dread Wastes several times during their empire, attempting to blunt or otherwise remove the power of the Mantid. This was the reason why the wall sealing away both Townlong and the Wastes was erected in the first place. There are several quests in and around the site of the wall that deal with ancient Mogu ghosts from the time of the war - and the short story "Death From Above" concerns the Mantid Paragons and the Klaxxi attempting to stop the Mogu from using a super-weapon that could've defeated the Mantid in ancient times.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Mogu invaded the Dread Wastes several times during their empire, attempting to blunt or otherwise remove the power of the Mantid. This was the reason why the wall sealing away both Townlong and the Wastes was erected in the first place. There are several quests in and around the site of the wall that deal with ancient Mogu ghosts from the time of the war - and the short story "Death From Above" concerns the Mantid Paragons and the Klaxxi attempting to stop the Mogu from using a super-weapon that could've defeated the Mantid in ancient times.
    Still they don't count towards Lei Shen and ToT as its saying like every undead quest ever in wow counts towards arthas and icecrown storyline. Also we are talking about ingame not outside media like the the short stories. It was comparison made between Azshara and Lei shen as we know not all mogus in pandaria served lei shen nor did most likely the ghost and as for the short story if I recal correctly it happened before Lei shen rose the power so still don't count towards build up towards ToT or Lei shen.

It amazes me how the Azshara cinematic didn't reveal anything apart from obvious 'twist' we knew from the moment Warbringers came out almost year ago. No story moved forward whatsoever. Which means we have to play this patch for about half a year again and see no story progression. Personally I feel very disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Still they don't count towards Lei Shen and ToT as its saying like every undead quest ever in wow counts towards arthas and icecrown storyline. Also we are talking about ingame not outside media like the the short stories. It was comparison made between Azshara and Lei shen as we know not all mogus in pandaria served lei shen nor did most likely the ghost and as for the short story if I recal correctly it happened before Lei shen rose the power so still don't count towards build up towards ToT or Lei shen.
    I never really said it counted toward Lei Shen or ToT - we don't really know who the ruling Mogu warlord was at the time these events happened, as there were several who followed in the wake of Lei Shen's death before the Pandaren ended the Mogu empire completely (e.g. Qiang, Zian, Meng, and Subetai). The leading Mogu character in "Death From Above" is Warlord Gurthan (whose spirit you encounter in a quest near the wall in the Dread Wastes), but we don't know which lord he served or really when, save that the events of the story occur pre-Sundering and pre-collapse of the Mogu'shan empire. This story is unlikely to take place during the Age of a Hundred Kings, the period of time before Lei Shen consolidated the Mogu into the first stable empire, as the creation of the huatang and the strict hegemony of the Mogu seems more like the stable empire Lei Shen created as opposed to the chaos of the age before his reign (and the Serpent's Spine was already built in this case, which happened during his reign, not before it).

It is Mogu-related content in the Dread Wastes, though; and the events of the story tie in to the in-game quest you get to summon and finally dispose of Warlord Gurthan in the Dread Wastes.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Trikszter View Post
    The entire mop expansion had an aura of mistery
    Please tell me that your misspelling was a deliberate pun...

I never really said it counted toward Lei Shen or ToT - we don't really know who the ruling Mogu warlord was at the time these events happened, as there were several who followed in the wake of Lei Shen's death before the Pandaren ended the Mogu empire completely (e.g. Qiang, Zian, Meng, and Subetai). The leading Mogu character in "Death From Above" is Warlord Gurthan (whose spirit you encounter in a quest near the wall in the Dread Wastes), but we don't know which lord he served or really when, save that the events of the story occur pre-Sundering and pre-collapse of the Mogu'shan empire. This story is unlikely to take place during the Age of a Hundred Kings, the period of time before Lei Shen consolidated the Mogu into the first stable empire, as the creation of the huatang and the strict hegemony of the Mogu seems more like the stable empire Lei Shen created as opposed to the chaos of the age before his reign (and the Serpent's Spine was already built in this case, which happened during his reign, not before it).

It is Mogu-related content in the Dread Wastes, though; and the events of the story tie in to the in-game quest you get to summon and finally dispose of Warlord Gurthan in the Dread Wastes.
    Yeah but the conversation which I started and I answered focused on Lei shen and Tot and compare its build up to azsharas build up and Eternal palace as such all mogu stories which can't be tied to Lei Shen is irrelevant to original conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    So the long awaited patch is finally out for several weeks now but we don't have any answers to any plot lines yet. Not even some continuations to them.

- what about derek proudmoore? Is he really a pupet? How did he manage to fit in living society?
    - who named sylvanas warchief? Why the most powerful undead creatures and death gods don't know anything about it and have no clues?
    - what about nzoth eye given to the players? Why nobody talks to the player outside two burglars in the docks. Is this just a vanity item?
    - what about horde choice made almost a year ago in Saurfang vs Sylvanas questline? Does it matter? Talking about internal rebellion aspect of this whole theme right now.
    - what power does Bwonsamdy have? Where is his power? How are they going along with Talanji? Why he never actually help the trolls and is so selfish? His only help was in Dazar'Alor where he proved himself being exceptionally weak. Not able to grant his chosen hero anything good to fight Alliance back.
    - what agenda and great plan Sylvanas have? Each patch we are reminded how she is very smart and has some great plans we just don't know about when in reality she is unable to communicate anything to us, her champions since the start of BFA. Look at Lordaeron scenario. She claimed that she has something against the Alliance but in reality she just blew it up. Is this all? Too much hype for nothing if you ask me.
    - who is Xalatath. Why Sylvanas is so excited to get the blade? What she knows about it? What power the blade has? Imagine if we are told about Frostmourne. From the first seconds of seeing it we know what it does and it's history develops throughout expansions.
    - what happened to gnome king? Is he dead? Is he gonna be healed?
    - any actual Azeroth story? The expansion is called Battle for Azeroth when in reality all we do is farm her blood for a year without story development despite the fact that Magni encourages us each time we complete daily quests by saying that she is almost healed up.
    - what about faction war? We got one small scenario on saving Baine and this is it. We still don't know who trusts the warchief and who doesn't. We don't know why she can't trust her plan to the Horde leaders. So many questions with no answers.
    - what about Tyrande and the whole Night Warrior thing? Why doesn't she unleash her power and vengeance on the horde cities? They are not too far away from night elf territories. Again, what power does she possess now? All we go is pompous cinematic on how cool she is now and that's basically is. Is she doing anything now?

I know much of this will be answered by the final Azshara cinematic but this is taking so long and I'm afraid some of the lines still won't progress and will be forgotten in time.

The story pacing in this expansion is very slow. I'm really tired of reading meaningless empty NPC phrases saying basically nothing and leading to no action. They develop patch for over half a year, it releases and we still got nothing on main expansion story lines. It is weird that the story content is not updated during the expansion and all the twists are saved for the end. Very weird story development and pacing.

Updated: actually Azshara cinematic didn't reveal anything to advance the story worthy of waiting half a year. All the plotlines are still intact.
    dude you have to much free time to think about this stuff, the lore is shit and makes no sense since wotlk )
    just grind and gear up chars nothing else matters \m/

The developers are on record as saying that the close of the Eternal Palace and its cinematic would show us "the final villain of BfA." The cinematic itself showed us the releasing of N'Zoth and Azshara's survival - so really, what do you think the final boss of 8.3 is going to be? We've also been told that Sylvanas won't be a raid boss, so who besides N'Zoth is it likely to be? It seems pretty cut and dry to me.
    They said that AFTER the cinematic we would know who the final boss would be, and AFTER the cinematic we have Jaina and Theron straight up talking about Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0, that's why it is ambiguous what the final raid will be. As far as I know they never said that the cinematic itself would show us who the final boss is. And the raid being Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0 or Siege of Thunder Bluff does not mean that Sylvanas has to be the raid boss, it just means that the final raid, which might be hijacked by the Old Gods (like Highmaul when Cho'gall appeared out of nowhere), will be themed after the faction conflict.

But again, if N'Zoth is the final boss, how can we beat him? We could hardly beat the other Old Gods, and they were just shadows of their former glory, whereas N'Zoth is an actual Old God on the loose. We can't beat him.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-07-11 at 11:09 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    They said that AFTER the cinematic we would know who the final boss would be, and AFTER the cinematic we have Jaina and Theron straight up talking about Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0, that's why it is ambiguous what the final raid will be. As far as I know they never said that the cinematic itself would show us who the final boss is. And the raid being Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0 or Siege of Thunder Bluff does not mean that Sylvanas has to be the raid boss, it just means that the final raid, which might be hijacked by the Old Gods (like Highmaul when Cho'gall appeared out of nowhere), will be themed after the faction conflict.

But again, if N'Zoth is the final boss, how can we beat him? We could hardly beat the other Old Gods, and they were just shadows of their former glory, whereas N'Zoth is an actual Old God on the loose. We can't beat him.
    I don't really see Lor'themar or Jaina talking SoO 2.0, really - they just say they need to drop the hostilities and join forces against N'Zoth, no mention whatsoever of allying against Sylvanas, besieging Orgrimmar, or protecting Thunder Bluff specifically. I'm more of a mind that the defense of Thunder Bluff might be some form of Warfront, or a series of War Campaign quests in which the battle itself is prevented in some manner (part and parcel of unifying against N'Zoth himself). We may also not defeat N'Zoth directly, similar to how we didn't defeat Sargeras directly - we'll contend with him and his forces, no doubt, and perhaps find a way to reseal him in imprisonment (possibly using the heretofore unknown Titan facility that MOTHER discovered in the Heart of Azeroth quests).

I don't really see Lor'themar or Jaina talking SoO 2.0, really - they just say they need to drop the hostilities and join forces against N'Zoth, no mention whatsoever of allying against Sylvanas, besieging Orgrimmar, or protecting Thunder Bluff specifically. I'm more of a mind that the defense of Thunder Bluff might be some form of Warfront, or a series of War Campaign quests in which the battle itself is prevented in some manner (part and parcel of unifying against N'Zoth himself). We may also not defeat N'Zoth directly, similar to how we didn't defeat Sargeras directly - we'll contend with him and his forces, no doubt, and perhaps find a way to reseal him in imprisonment (possibly using the heretofore unknown Titan facility that MOTHER discovered in the Heart of Azeroth quests).
    Theron said that so long as Sylvanas holds Orgrimmar, there will never be a lasting peace. Logically, it makes more sense to first deal with Sylvanas and achieve the lasting peace, and then deal with N'Zoth who is clearly the greater threat. That's just the natural way that things will play out. It remains to be seen if Sylvanas will be ousted from Orgrimmar in 8.2.5 or 8.3.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-07-11 at 11:40 AM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Theron said that so long as Sylvanas holds Orgrimmar, there will never be a lasting peace. Logically, it makes more sense to first deal with Sylvanas and achieve the lasting peace, and then deal with N'Zoth who is clearly the greater threat. That's just the natural way that things will play out. It remains to be seen if Sylvanas will be ousted from Orgrimmar in 8.2.5 or 8.3.
    I disagree - I think hesitating on dealing with N'Zoth basically plays into his hands, he should be stopped before he can entrench or enact any of his plans that've likely been long in the making. Sylvanas could be stopped in the short-term by simply losing control of the Horde as its Warchief - with everyone save her and her most loyal choosing to no longer perpetuate the war and instead unifying to contend with N'Zoth.

Of course, this may also play into N'Zoth's plans. He can sit back and watch an otherwise unopposed Sylvanas go off the rails, basically making use of her as a distraction that the Horde and Alliance are forced to deal with as opposed to dealing with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    I remember Golden Yags fan expansion concept Reign of Azshara.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ansion-Concept

And what we got instead is Naz'jatar ingame.

Tells you everything you need to know about these uninspired decision makers at Blizzard.
    Damn, why did you remind me of what could've been
    I remember reading it for the first time and getting ultra hyped for an eventual xpac like this. That Blizz managed to screw up all this potential so completely is one of the greatest fails a video game company ever did.

I disagree - I think hesitating on dealing with N'Zoth basically plays into his hands, he should be stopped before he can entrench or enact any of his plans that've likely been long in the making. Sylvanas could be stopped in the short-term by simply losing control of the Horde as its Warchief - with everyone save her and her most loyal choosing to no longer perpetuate the war and instead unifying to contend with N'Zoth.

Of course, this may also play into N'Zoth's plans. He can sit back and watch an otherwise unopposed Sylvanas go off the rails, basically making use of her as a distraction that the Horde and Alliance are forced to deal with as opposed to dealing with him.
    Well the most funny thing is that Nzoth is already free but we will do nothing about it in about half a year. And if we do I doubt we will see other major plotlines development which is sad.
    Seriously the last Azshara cinematic didn't add anything to the story. What a disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Well the most funny thing is that Nzoth is already free but we will do nothing about it in about half a year. And if we do I doubt we will see other major plotlines development which is sad.
    The faction conflict will need to end before we can deal with N'Zoth in any real sense, so that will have to be taken care of in some manner. The Heart of Azeroth and the Magni B-plot of BfA also got thrown into strong relief in 8.2 so I would assume that's going to be a key component to all this as well. I think the faction conflict might be resolved in the upcoming 8.2.5 content (although how it is resolved is an open question), leaving 8.3 and 8.3.5 to deal with N'Zoth, Magni, and the Heart's plotlines.