Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I really hope this is just another filler expansion and the next one and they're holding off on the real good stuff for the next one.
    I think it is. I think Blizzard will be back with the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarrgoth View Post
    Doesn’t really matter what people think, when it is stated that Mannoroth believed Azshara to be equally powerful to Kil’jaeden and Archimonde, before her transformation. Now that is basically a soft confirm to her power. Your opinion on it is not canon.
    WoW just... WoW.

Given that he says the sleepers will awaken are we looking at a wall of sleeping creatures from his empire spawning and trying to kill us all? The next patch would be waves of his creatures attacking the cities that are left and the raid would be us fighting our way into his empire to capture Azshara and find his weakness.

I love dropping in and reading threads like this from time to time as to remind myself why I'm currently not playing WoW( pssst, it's not the game)

10+ Year Old Account
    So I watched that one dude who makes lore videos ( not Nobbel87 ) and he made a good point

- During Crucible of Storms , N 'Zoth keeps speaking of us being " worthy " and if we die during last boss , we are told we are " not worthy. " So killing N 'Zoth 's dudes means we are worthy

- During Eternal Palace , if we wipe on Azshara she says the same thing basically N 'Zoth was wrong and we are indeed not worthy ... so N 'Zoth 's plan clearly was for us to beat Azshara to prove our worth. Or by beating her , releasing him.

- Him spiriting away Azshara at the end shows that we fell into HIS plan , not hers ... but is not yet done with her

Interesting to note also : Azshara seems to be aware of N 'Zoth 's plan for her to fail ... for his " visions " to come true , she needed to lose to us ... and she still went with it

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess she's the 3 deaths candidate now then - one when she drowned and became a naga, two just now and three probably in the next raid/expansion.

Are Old God's just really good at taking advantage of opportunities when they pop up, or can they see the future? Did N'Zoth turn Azshara fully aware that in the future we'll be powering the heart of Azeroth and end up killing her to destroy his prison?

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    I guess she's the 3 deaths candidate now then - one when she drowned and became a naga, two just now and three probably in the next raid/expansion.

Are Old God's just really good at taking advantage of opportunities when they pop up, or can they see the future? Did N'Zoth turn Azshara fully aware that in the future we'll be powering the heart of Azeroth and end up killing her to destroy his prison?
    All cosmic forces has the power to see the future, the old gods and naaru has that, just like druids and shamans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Isn't the title of this patch "RISE OF ASZHARA"?

I can see no rising in this cinematic, only downfall... when do you think the rising is coming, yall?

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Also, and the answer to this question is obvious, why didn't Jaina and Theron just kill Azshara? They were just slowly walking towards her instead of delivering the final blow to one of the most despicable beings on Azeorth. I mean, Jaina even had an arcane blast conjured on her hand.
    Azshara was a victim who sacrificed everything to save her people, which ultimately led to them becoming puppets of an old god. Where's the despicable part exactly?
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Isn't the title of this patch "RISE OF ASZHARA"?

I can see no rising in this cinematic, only downfall... when do you think the rising is coming, yall?
    Well I can't see a Battle for Azeroth either to be honest. Unless those skirmishes in the two warfronts count as a world war, which they don't.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    It would be even funnier, if the next and last raid is just Thunder Bluff, with Sylvanas as the end boss and N'zoth/Azshara are build up for the next expansion. So I would expect that
    Maybe it'll be a defense of boralus because Nathanos and Sylvanas want it and retaliation real bad. Baine is just misdirection and a bone for the fans.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    Also, and the answer to this question is obvious, why didn't Jaina and Theron just kill Azshara? They were just slowly walking towards her instead of delivering the final blow to one of the most despicable beings on Azeorth. I mean, Jaina even had an arcane blast conjured on her hand.
    Why didn't Alleria, Genn and Jaina kill Sylvanas right there at the Battle for Lordaeron? Because reasons, Blizz stupid writers... makes no damn sense whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Maybe it'll be a defense of boralus because Nathanos and Sylvanas want it and retaliation real bad. Baine is just misdirection and a bone for the fans.
    Sylvanas wants retaliation for what exactly?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FL4K View Post
    So I watched that one dude who makes lore videos ( not Nobbel87 ) and he made a good point

- During Crucible of Storms , N 'Zoth keeps speaking of us being " worthy " and if we die during last boss , we are told we are " not worthy. " So killing N 'Zoth 's dudes means we are worthy

- During Eternal Palace , if we wipe on Azshara she says the same thing basically N 'Zoth was wrong and we are indeed not worthy ... so N 'Zoth 's plan clearly was for us to beat Azshara to prove our worth. Or by beating her , releasing him.

- Him spiriting away Azshara at the end shows that we fell into HIS plan , not hers ... but is not yet done with her

Interesting to note also : Azshara seems to be aware of N 'Zoth 's plan for her to fail ... for his " visions " to come true , she needed to lose to us ... and she still went with it
    Indeed, she just wants walk on the surface again as she's bored of being a puppet queen.

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas wants retaliation for what exactly?
    The ambush on dazar and jainas perceived conspiring with her old cohorts baine and saurfang. They'll get theirs but she likes to tackle the problems at their source..

So I suppose this is the end of the Naga. The heart of Nazjatar has been despoiled, the Naga military is crippled, and their command structure has been wiped out. Some of them might still appear in the future as shock troops in the armies of the New Black Empire, but as far as the Nazjatar Empire is concerned, I think they are defeated to the point that they will never be a major threat again. At least, with Azshara gone, their short-lived campaign to conquer both land and sea has been brought to an end.

I must say, the Naga did not feel threatening at all. I think G'huun and his Blood Trolls, despite never interacting with the Alliance, were a scarier foe to be honest.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-07-10 at 08:40 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    The ambush on dazar and jainas perceived conspiring with her old cohorts baine and saurfang. They'll get theirs but she likes to tackle the problems at their source..
    Maybe she's a little demented, but does she really think there would be no backlash for Teldrassil?

"All eyes shall open."

I don't think we will fight N'zoth this expansion.. but I *do* think we are going to be thrown a curveball in the form of Yogg Saron coming back in some form.

Sounds mad I know.. but I have a feeling :>

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
    care to elaborate ?
    these people will runs dungeons (M+), Raid the Eternal Palace, do WQs, some world PvP and BGs... you know, play the game?
    Do you REALLY need a more complicated story then -> there' s a bad guy here, go kill him
    While I don't agree with the statement you quoted:

I don't need steak. It's still nice to have it. For many people (not necessarily a majority) the story of WarCraft is quite dear to them. They like it. Or used to. And the story is one of the reasons that they play the game. I can see a lot of disappointed people after this cinematic. I'm one of them. Most people in my guild are.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe she's a little demented, but does she really think there would be no backlash for Teldrassil?
    Imo, to her it was natural and already war - the last blow received justifies delivering the next keeping the ball rolling and the tide going back and forth. At least until for whatever the reason the leaders in their noble moderation come to a new momentary peace-accord. She serves the horde and expects it to serve her for the survival of everyone within it. Teldrassil might seem extreme but it's on par with escalation and the winning strategy often shortly makes war a vile business. As an old ranger-general she knows this together with employing tactically the best strike it means iron wills devoid of mercy, exactly the same as the enemy is perceived as and gets scapegoated for. Jaina has also had to learn the same the hard way. There's no winners only waste and widowers in such sheltered and isolated thought but either way out of protecting and defending life and property it will be rationalized by being the closed-off logic that's followed.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-07-10 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Azshara was a victim who sacrificed everything to save her people, which ultimately led to them becoming puppets of an old god. Where's the despicable part exactly?
    Azshara wanted to save herself and her power most of all. Getting her people as bootlickers for all eternity was just the extra bonus of a cherry on top of it. Azshara is and always was one of the most selfish people in the history of Azeroth who would do ANYTHING for more power.

Something I wonder about the cinematic. Azshara looks quite... surprised and even... afraid when she is raised back from the dead. What I wonder is... Did someone have a little chat with her while she was dead? What if Sylvanas Or Helya had a way to tell her stuff for the little time she was dead? Maybe dead time passes slower too, who knows. Then she gets resed and thinks "Oh fuck, what have I done".

Her reaction just seem a bit strange to me. I mean, getting back from the dead is surely not the more comfortable experience, but I'm pretty sure she went through worse already.