Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Best content patch se far, but imo it's because of the mechagon dungeon.

Yes, this patch keeps you busy. But they took it to another level. I barely get a chance to play every other day for an hour. So I basically have to decide between doing what I like (Random BGs, mythic+, Raid PuGs) or grinding that new content for flying... I'm still friendly with both new factions
    Im feeling the pressure and being busy myself...and i have a lot of time to play like 3 hours everyday.
    I cant imagine people like you with a healthier life than me
    But it all depends on the goals we set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    For me, it's even more simple than that. Wow feels fun again because I can fly.

No flying = no fun
    Flying = fun

I understand that not everyone has the same experience. But for me, it's really just that simple. I've been having a blast since I could blast off again!
    I'd argue doing wq's and farming azerite is a lot more fun with flying.

Funny how most of the stuff the OP likes about 8.2 is stuff I don't like and why I'm currently unsubscribed.

Mount farming / pet farming - could care less

As a player who likes to play his alts the repetition factor is off the charts, from what I can tell, in regards to farming essences and bethnic gear. Add in the fact that its repeating, for the most part, mind numbing challenge free content it's even worse then it seems at first blush.

What I don't get, when I read all these threads, is how many of the same people who consider 8.2 to be filled with content are the same people who complained about Vanilla / TBC grinds and attunements. Having to run a bunch of new guildees through the Onynixia attunement multiple times, usually several weeks or months apart, pales in comparison to the grinds in 8.2. Sure there was Argent Dawn / Timbermaw rep grinds in Vanilla that objectively were even more boring than modern day world quests that at least have some variation but, and this is a big but, in Vanilla you only went after Argent Dawn rep or timbermaw rep on certain toons unlike today where you have to do the same grinds for every character.

I had max fishing on 4 toons in Vanilla. There is almost nothing more mind numbingly grindy then maxing out fishing (especially back in the day when there were basically no ways to speed it up). But that was a choice. In modern Wow you have to do the grinds on multiple toons and, catch up mechanisms aside, you don't have a choice if you want them to advance through the content. That's one of the main reasons I'm unsubscribed. After doing the equivalent of Azerite traits on multiple toons in the 2 prior ex-pacs I levelled 1 toon to max in BFA, looked around at the gaming landscape so to speak and said that's it...i'm not clicking mission tables on 5 toons, I'm not doing the same WQ's on 5 toons, etc etc.

Oh well, I'm an old fogey waiting around for Classic....that's my rant for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And the place where criticism is met with "WAHHH YOU JUST HAVE A HATEBONER FOR BLIZZARD WAHHHH".

There's no room for discussion with a person who equates disagreement with hate.

It's funny how that same poster mentions MMO champion as a place where people have a hate-boner, as though they didn't just make themselves a perfect example of their own statement. :/

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    There's no room for discussion with a person who equates disagreement with hate.

It's funny how that same poster mentions MMO champion as a place where people have a hate-boner, as though they didn't just make themselves a perfect example of their own statement. :/
    That is something of a problem to me atm.
    Im having a hard time disagreeing with someone with a post and at the same time not make myself look like a "hater" or showing any signs of hate.

MMO-C has become a hate pool.
    I start reading posts on random threads and i see people repliying to normal opinions with huge amounts of sarcasm, hate, name calling etc
    Im trying to avoid doing that...but when i "disagree" with someone, my post is mostly worded without care...and i may come out as a bit of a hater myself.

Maybe i need to practice my english and make posts more carefully.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-07-15 at 11:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure this is the best patch ever considering I've has to scrape Seaweed off the floor nearly every other day whilst causing more Crab genocide as I teach an Ankoan Blademaster the way of the blade. And on the other isle I've done each of the dailies at least five times at this point so I do want to echo others saying it is getting repetitive really quickly.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Yep, since MoP (and MoP included), this is the best patch that blizz ever made imo.

No RNG bullcrap with bentic gear - its really easy to get exactly what you want. Not rolling over 9000 times for titanforged arcanocrystal.
    Farming Mechagon even after exalted - shit is so addicting. Got so many mats I could build every single thing in robot and complete every single buildingsite all by myself.
    Runelocked/Laylocked WQ - best possible wq for me, could do them all day long.
    Raid is pretty decent- but haven't seen mythic yet. Done 7/8 Heroic tho.
    Mechagon dungeon - not simply better dungeon than we have seen. In my book, there hasn't been a dungeon that is even close to this. Hardmode is actually hard and I had some wipes on dog boss and last one.
    Punchcard trinket

What I havent seen yet is M+. Tho I don't expect much as all and all, if they would remove timer from M+ it would make better experience as doing pug runs is usually impossible.

And what is best I do not feel forced to farm it!

Got to revered on both factions to get flying, did most of the raid, did mechagon once. Haven't logged in since.

I have hundreads of mounts and pets. I don't care about farming more. The gameplay is simply not fun imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Since 8.2 launched i havent stopped for a second.
    There is just so many things to do and to farm.
    I'll argue this is the best patch we have ever seen in WoW history in terms of keeping us busy. Do you agree?

My example (so you dont say im lying):
    - Did Nazjatar every single day and farmed 500 pearls so far and unlocked the rank 3 essense of Lucid Dreams.
    - Farmed the 100 000 Honor achieve for the rank 4 pvp essenses.
    - Did some rated arenas with randoms to farm 1000 rating for rank 2 PvP essense

I didnt even had time to do my mythic+ key...and is almost reset day in europe.
    I pretty much had to ignore Mechagon reputation because it would be too much for me.
    So im completely ignoring one entire zone...and i still have so many things to do everyday...essenses to farm.

In terms of "keeping us busy"...is this the best patch we've ever seen?
    Are we really at the point where the shills have to actively advertise WoW ON WoW fansites? Kind of sad, really.

I haven't played 8.2 yet but why is "keeping us busy" presented as a positive? Games should be fun, not busywork.

sure busy work, but classes are still boring, the world still feels less of a "living world" and glorified menu, from a pvp view its even more horrible with all over top essences.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I haven't played 8.2 yet but why is "keeping us busy" presented as a positive? Games should be fun, not busywork.
    And it is, thats the point. I really don't feel forced to do anything at all. Mechagon is simply addicting for me.

Couldn't care less about these blueprints, rares and shit BUT i simply like to kill them for whatever the reason. I find myself flying to some random rare even if I know it doesn't drop anything for me. This didn't happen before - maybe timeless isle.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Are we really at the point where the shills have to actively advertise WoW ON WoW fansites? Kind of sad, really.

What's sad is the hateboners getting upset that people are happy with wow. Why do you feel the need to rain on somebody's parade. I am glad people like it. I don't have to agree with them but I also don't need to create a post just to call people names.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

My neck is 55 and i came back 5 days ago after not playing for 10 months? (However long BFA has been out) Played for 3 weeks on launch and haven't played since, it's a decent patch nothing special. I've played for 2-4 hours a day since coming back and I am 410 ilvl with 55 neck, completed new dungeon and done some of the new raid. It's alright.

Classes still feel pathetic, so gimped and pretty bland - if they sort the core gameplay out I can see myself trying next xpac at least, if not then no way.

Agreed. Keep playing 8.2 content multiple hours a day even though it's been like what, 3 weeks? I consider myself a collector and achievement hunter, so most of the time I am just going for obscure & rare things from the game as a whole / old expacs, but not this time. I think it might be the first time ever I've spent so much time in the "current" content in one go. It might even be more than during BfA launch...

Now the new season is also out, so I started progressing the palace with my guild, doing some m+ on the side etc. I've already been having a great time this expansion due to good community I'm playing with and even some real life friends, but this patch has really stepped it up even more. BfA is definitely my fav expansion now, and 8.2 probably my fav patch ever.

Edit

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    And it is, thats the point. I really don't feel forced to do anything at all. Mechagon is simply addicting for me.

Couldn't care less about these blueprints, rares and shit BUT i simply like to kill them for whatever the reason. I find myself flying to some random rare even if I know it doesn't drop anything for me. This didn't happen before - maybe timeless isle.
    This - so much. I have just a couple remaining things left in Mechagon, but I just enjoy hanging around and killing random rares, opening chests etc. This zone is just alive.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2019-07-16 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    well. they did create outdoor farmable gear that is superior to mythic raidgear. Some of the benthic items effect are insanely powerful.
    Problem is getting full maxed benthic gear is more painful than just raiding mythic non stop every reset. Fuuuuck that

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    And the place where criticism is met with "WAHHH YOU JUST HAVE A HATEBONER FOR BLIZZARD WAHHHH".

Considering the majority of "criticism" that is prevalent on these forums are neckbeards throwing tantrums and calling for certain Blizzard developers to be fired. Then yeah, I'd think my definition is pretty accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Yeah, no, so instead of returning here to talk shit about the game, you return here to talk shit about people who criticise the game, instead. Great.
    Because while I dislike Blizzard's business decisions, I hate whiny menchildren even more.

Personal opinion but I quit half a week after 8.2 launch I was so bored

My DeviantART: http://hypzone.deviantart.com/ | Requests: Closed

10+ Year Old Account
    Having lots of content does not = having good content.

Quality over quantity.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Considering the majority of "criticism" that is prevalent on these forums are neckbeards throwing tantrums and calling for certain Blizzard developers to be fired

whiny menchildren
    Thanks for proving my point.

I'm happy for the people still enjoying the game, and there is indeed alot of content right now.....but this game just feels so empty and stale, at least to me.

Naz/Mech just feels like empty busywork. Bliz is NOT good at making solo content in wow.

I only played the raid a little, but it's the same old same old structure. I don't enjoy it anymore. Loot is uninteresting.

The 5 man mega dungeon looked rad, although I didn't get a chance to run it before unsubbing. Bliz really needs to focus on 5 mans more, it's always been the strongest feature of wow.