Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Merkel does not have to retire before her term is finished. Certainly not because you want her to. Death of a Chancellor is not in itself a trigger, but I suggest you read Art. 69, which stipulates that the President can ask a minister to continue running the Government until a successor is named. That would be Art. 63, the Bundestag would have to elect one, which as you admit is unlikely to happen.

This means the President would dissolve Parliament and call for elections. I am really not sure why you're not understanding how this goes? The constitution is written in plain German. Even bricklayers can understand the language. Are you acting stupid or is this some agenda you're pushing?
    the call for elections is not the tricky part, winning is. any suggestions for that ?
    btw: art 69 puts every minister on hold (their term of office ends with the office of chancellor); the government is in limbo until article 63 provides a new chancellor or election is solved and this chancellor sworn in AFAIK. not an agenda, just reality.
    and you also know how much rolling eyes Angie caused in the years and the wish to see her gone (again: not neccessarily by her death) is a common one.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    the call for elections is not the tricky part, winning is. any suggestions for that ?
    btw: art 69 puts every minister on hold (their term of office ends with the office of chancellor); the government is in limbo until article 63 provides a new chancellor or election is solved and this chancellor sworn in AFAIK. not an agenda, just reality.
    and you also know how much rolling eyes Angie caused in the years and the wish to see her gone (again: not neccessarily by her death) is a common one.
    And 69 has provisions for the President to appoint an interims Chancellor. It's right there, you just have to read the whole thing.

As for elections, I don't care if winning is the tricky part. You're really just whinging that we have democracy at this point.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    appointment of chancellor is article 63 and requires consent of Bundestag soon-ish; you mentioned it above
    vice chancellor would step in until then, but hits a certain wall. the position is just not codified beyond the existence of such a vice chancellor, by common understanding VC Scholz is an emergency handler with very limited authority until a fresh chancellor is chosen by Bundestag. it's a difference to vice president of USA, who is able to replace POTUS immediately with full authority, should the need arise.

AKK needs approval of Bundestag to follow Merkel, by her death or resign or whatever. your guess is as good as mine: very likely Bundestag will not allow it.
    that's not whinging by me, just pointing out it will not happen without elections, which will likely end in a lot of quarrel. it took ~6 months to form the current coalition, you may remember that shitfest.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But you just ate crow you don't know but can't admit it, absent any other fact based explanation I will take hers into higher consideration than someone who obviously hates her with a passion.
    I don't hate her with a passion. Why do you lie so much?
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    I don't hate her with a passion. Why do you lie so much?
    Really? because your actions say otherwise and it's not like you care about truth you're a Trump supporter.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really? because your actions say otherwise and it's not like you care about truth you're a Trump supporter.
    What actions which shows he hates her with a passion?
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    What actions which shows he hates her with a passion?
    Pretending he cares about the truth while attacking a politician already on the way out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretending he cares about the truth while attacking a politician already on the way out.
    That does not prove your point. From what I have seen in his posts in this thread, he does not buy the dehydration account. Does not mean he hates her with a passion. I can easily buy the dehydration account, because I have seen it in action. He may be right however, that she may be suffering from other health issues. I do not know.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

That does not prove your point. From what I have seen in his posts in this thread, he does not buy the dehydration account. Does not mean he hates her with a passion. I can easily buy the dehydration account, because I have seen it in action. He may be right however, that she may be suffering from other health issues. I do not know.
    Again Trump supporter pretending to care about honesty, the only reason she is within the cross hairs is because the dear leader hates her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again Trump supporter pretending to care about honesty, the only reason she is within the cross hairs is because the dear leader hates her.
    Oh bull. lol!

Oh bull. lol!
    Where's your side outrage about Duterte's latest actions? what's that you don't care about those blessed by the leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's your side outrage about Duterte's latest actions? what's that you don't care about those blessed by the leader.
    Not sure which case you are talking about. I am not obsessed with following the latest political scene.

Not sure which case you are talking about. I am not obsessed with following the latest political scene.
    I am pointing out the obvious lie or hypocrisy of a Trump supporter saying he cares about truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am pointing out the obvious lie or hypocrisy of a Trump supporter saying he cares about truth.
    I am still not clear on what this Duterte case is. And I am not good at remembering names. But if you do not want to tell me, it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    But not common enough to keep her out of office after the last election.
    You dislike her and would like to use her health as a pretext to get her out of office despite her ongoing democratic mandate.
    In short, you wish for democracy to be trumped by an act of god, because the vote didn't go your way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reality check time. What did I say that gave you the insane impression that I somehow hate Merkel with a passion?

This alternate reality of yours is quite concerning.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

Reality check time. What did I say that gave you the insane impression that I somehow hate Merkel with a passion?

This alternate reality of yours is quite concerning.
    Why are pretending to care about the truth? I know Trump supporters live in an alternate reality no need to confirm it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are pretending to care about the truth? I know Trump supporters live in an alternate reality no need to confirm it.
    Your diversion is pathetic. Answer the fucking question.

Your diversion is pathetic. Answer the fucking question.
    I already answered it you are attacking a politician on her way out the door pretending you care about honesty....as a Trump supporter.

If you're a Trump supporter then you've fully embraced lying as being okay.