10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    A racists wouldn't want them to come back.
    This is false.

A racist would assume they were from a different country by virtue of being a different race. Whether or not they are asked to leave, or come back, isn't really the important part. If you were white, and I assumed you were from Ireland because you were white, that's racist, even if I don't tell you to go back to Ireland.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    THIS IS THEIR COUNTRY, AND THEY WHERE ELECTED TO CHANGE IT.

any thing else is the spin.
    And I’m not stating otherwise, I’m clarifying why the spin is just dumb. He is being racist. That’s the end of the argument. He meant nothing good by saying “then come back”, he’s simply being racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The attempts to defend grow weaker each day.
    They don't have a lot of options. What he said was objectively racist. They were basically left with "it was another kind of racism".

In other words,
    Republicans scramble to contain Trump fallout

Trump’s tweet from Sunday, which he backed up with similar rhetoric during a Rose Garden ceremony Monday, set GOP lawmakers scrambling to control the political fallout.

[EDITOR: Skipping the McConnell stuff I already posted]

A handful of Republican lawmakers facing potentially tough races next year in Colorado, Maine, Iowa, North Carolina, Georgia and Arizona took different tacks in their responses, signaling the lack of a general plan on how to react to the president’s most incendiary and unexpected statements.

Sen. Martha McSally (Ariz.), one of the GOP’s most vulnerable incumbents, let it be known through a spokeswoman that she would not comment on the matter.

Sen. Cory Gardner (R-Colo.), who has a tough race in a state Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton carried in 2016, said he disagreed with Trump’s language, though stopped short of calling it racist.

“I disagree with them. I wouldn’t have said them. I wouldn’t have done that,” he said. “That’s not what we ought to focus on in this country.”

Sen. Joni Ernst (Iowa), a member of Senate GOP leadership and a top Democratic target in 2020, acknowledged Monday that she thought Trump’s comments were racist.

“Uh, yeah. They’re American citizens,” she said, referring to Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.). Only Omar, who was born in Somalia, is an immigrant.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), who is up for reelection in another state that voted for Clinton, on Monday urged Trump to delete his tweets.

One aide to a vulnerable Senate Republican incumbent said lawmakers in swing states are “boxed in” because if they criticize Trump’s language, they risk angering his supporters, but if they defend the president, they could alienate swing and minority voters.
    There is some crossover between that, and the 240-187 vote to officially condemn the President of the United States for telling brown people to "go back where they came from".

Just four Republicans, Reps. Susan Brooks (Ind.), Brian Fitzpatrick (Pa.), Will Hurd (Texas) and Fred Upton (Mich.), broke party ranks to join every voting Democrat in support, revealing the extent to which Trump retains his grip over the Republican Party even as his incendiary remarks renewed uncomfortable questions about the president’s approach to race relations.

Brooks is not running for reelection next year, but the other three lawmakers all are in races considered competitive. Six Republicans missed the vote.

Rep. Justin Amash (I-Mich.), who recently left the GOP over differences with Trump, also backed the resolution.
    - - - Updated - - -

WAIT I missed one!

I have this vision of one day in heaven, or outside of heaven because they’re not going to get in, Donald Trump, Mike Pence, Tom Homan and everybody else standing in a Cyclone-fenced dungeon, a Cyclone-fenced cell outside of heaven for eternity because that’s what they’re going to have to do because what they’re doing now is so anti-human, antithetical, anti-American, anti-decent. It’s all terrible what they’re doing
    -- the Mayor of the home of the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles
    (man, I've been waiting a while to say that)

From above link:

“If Donald Trump ever has to go back where he came from, he’s going to have to go to hell,” he added.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post
    Ofcourse it is not racist. If he said that to someone with same skin colour as him noone would think for a second that its racist. This is once again fake outrage.
    Bold, italic, underlined if there. It's racist explicitly because he doesn't use this sort of rhetoric with his white detractors, as far as I've seen. For once, him being a cunt to a more diverse set of people would almost kind of actually work in his favor. But, alas, he has a lifetime of being an blatantly unrepentant racist, sexist, wananbe fascist shitbag under his belt to provide ample personal context for these comments, so, oh well.

Life-sized "Scarecrow Barbie" Kellyanne Conway rebutting a reporter's question on the matter with inquiries into his own ethnicity really doesn't help the optics, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

So only 4 Republicans voted with the Democrats in denouncing this.

Republicans and their followers are just officially, unabashed, unashamed, absolute cowards and bigots. Not even a question anymore, not like it was much of one to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Here's an exercise for those defending Trump's tweets.

Go say it to a person of color. Their reaction will determine whether it's racist or not.

If you dare to do this, please share the experience. If you refuse to do it, then deep down in your soul you know it's racist.
    I mean...you have a point. If this behavior is okay, then surely, they would feel right doing it themselves. If they know they would never do it themselves, then, we have an answer, don't we?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean...you have a point. If this behavior is okay, then surely, they would feel right doing it themselves. If they know they would never do it themselves, then, we have an answer, don't we?
    Between this and the "what do you feel you are unable to say" test when they complain about censorship, we might have the world's most foolproof test of racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Yep. And they will jump at any chance to call it that. Some people understand the difference between saying something racist and a rant out of frustration.
    Do you say racist things when you rant out of frustration? I don't think this is the hill you want to die one, simply stick to I don't care that he is a racist I care more about his policies. It's not a great stance but at least it's honest, I mean I doubt you would say it to anyone of color in real life because you know it's racist.

I find it amazing that people can defend those tweets considering the long history of telling non-white people to "go back to their country" in America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where only a couple of months from the Republican Party saying, 'You know what? Fuck it, we are a bunch of racists.' with no politically correct mumbo jumbo added to it.

The 4 Republicans who voted for the resolution: Well shit. I thought we were trying not to appear racist.

Amash: *laughing his ass off in the back*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    I find it amazing that people can defend those tweets considering the long history of telling non-white people to "go back to their country" in America.
    Its both the most and least American thing to happen this year.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep. And they will jump at any chance to call it that. Some people understand the difference between saying something racist and a rant out of frustration.
    You know who makes racist rants when frustrated? Racists.
    /s

We all know the Republican Party is the party of old white racist men, the party themselves thought so and released this whole thing about how they need to recruit minorities and seem sympathetic.

Wonder how that is going... what with saying telling brown people to go back to their country is a-okay.

- - - Updated - - -

"I'm not racist, I just called him a nigger because he annoyed me."

Is not a fucking excuse wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    Hell they even did it to white people like the Irish.

It's bigotry and always has been. In this case he was saying they weren't from here because they weren't white and they should go back where they came from. It's racist on an objectively factual basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you say racist things because you're frustrated and ranting, it's also because you're a racist.

People who aren't racist would never say those things, in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "I'm not racist, I just called him a nigger because he annoyed me."
    Or for that particular poster -- I'm not racist I always answer the door with a gun behind my back.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...9#post49219829

It becomes increasingly easy to point out why certain individuals give Trump's blatant racism a pass.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

He also said,.." then come back and tell us how we should do it here." A racists wouldn't want them to come back. His rant while inappropriate, was a venting of frustration over their constant attacks on US in areas they do not agree with. One of them even refused to condemn Al Quada when asked , if I have the info correct on that. Those are terrorists who killed about 3000 Americans on 9/11.
    Stop carrying water for your racist President.

Trump sees people of colour and automatically assumes they must have all been born in another country.

He did it with Obama and he's doing it now.

Maybe it makes you feel better voting for a racist if you pretend he isn't one.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2019-07-17 at 05:13 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    ARacism is if you think less of or flat out hate a person based on their race primarily, not that you assume a particular place of bitrh...
    No, it's that you assume a particular trait or capacity based on race. Such as "all black people like fried chicken". Fried chicken can be some tasty stuff, and that assumption is in no way negative. It is, however, racist. So is "Asians are good at math". So is "all brown people are from another country and not America". Yes, it's traditionally negative. No, it doesn't need to be, other than the fact that you're putting emphasis on an individual for reasons other than that individual which is dehumanizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    I refuse the notion that stereotyping is in itself racist. Especially because it can very well happen to any group that is defined by anything other than a common race just as well. Those two HAVE a common space, but are NOT congruent or even synonymous. I also fail to see how guessing a place of birth is in any way dehumanizing towards an individual. In fact, by thinking this, you're actually more offensive towards the inhabitants of the assumed origin, since for this to be a negative assumption, you'd have to first consider said place of birth to be something bad.
    prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
    "a program to combat racism"

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Ah, rabid nationalism. Truly the hallmark of stable geniuses everywhere and not at all extremist.