Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by coinfalp View Post
    I'm sure those rosaries are lethal weapons! Confisicate all the toilet roll as well! Those sneaky Mexican children could make some kind of improvized papier-mache tank!

Image waves of Mexican children invading Washington on papier mache tanks firing Grenade Launchers made out of their own snot! Where would you be then, you goddamn commieliberals!

Those personal items were taken from people who had entered the United States illegally and been brought to the processing center in Why, Ariz., deemed by border patrol agents to be “non-essential” or “potentially lethal.” The items were kept for 30 days, giving migrants the chance to retrieve them once they were released or deported, and then they were thrown out. (The Southwest Border Branch Chief at the Customs and Border Protection office provided a statement to America regarding personal property, which said, “All personal property is itemized and stored for the individual until their release or transfer from CBP custody. When individual leaves our custody—we return their property to them.”)
    It looks like they're just using the same practice as they use in all the other for-profit prisons. Doesn't matter what you think about the items in question, all personal belongings that are deemed non essential are confiscated and categorized in that manner.

Haven't you got a chip shop to run?
    If I want potato chips I'll go to 7-11 and grab a bag of ruffles. Do people on your planet have potato chip shops?

Those strange symbols are letters of the alphabet Jeb. We use them in book learning and stuff.

- - - Updated - - -
    Yeah but you like have to use them in correct order to make up sentence. Not just using them randomly and hoping that it will make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    It looks like they're just using the same practice as they use in all the other for-profit prisons. Doesn't matter what you think about the items in question, all personal belongings that are deemed non essential are confiscated and categorized in that manner.
    Yeah. Fake outrage over nothing again.

10+ Year Old Account
    This one is almost cute, instead of banning it can we keep it as a mascot? It is sort of like a Disney rabbit heard about Monty Python and the Holy Grail, got into the beer, and decided it was fierce.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    @coinfalp Good bunny!
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2019-07-17 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Reply was to deleted comment.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Have you considered applying for American citizenship? An inability to understand nuance and wit is enormously beneficial I hear....
    Not really even through I like America . I could probably get Canadian citizenship (my sisters are Canadian) but only countries where I would like to live (other than my current one) are either Ireland or Iceland.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Based on the barely legible ranting, it a got to be either sarahtasher or arandomuser.
    100% sarahtasha... can recognize that childish argumentative mock voicing of their opinion anywhere.

Hey there, sarahtasher
    lol, shes so easy to spot.

These are from 2014 or so. Article here from 2015.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2015-10-...igrant-journey

Of course, there's no reason to suspect anything has changed.

Just saying, a garrote can be camouflaged as a rosary.
    Just laughing at what you're just saying.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2019-07-17 at 11:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    I am not religious but this angers and horrifies me.
    https://www.americamagazine.org/arts...mexican-border

https://www.insider.com/story-behind...-border-2018-6

[IMG]https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5b333d657708e937e64443f9-750-718.jpg[/]

I believe in border security but this reminds me of Nazi and Soviet plunder.

Trumpism is not conservatism! It is thievery!

What should be the punishment for Trump supporters and people who worked for him?
    I feel this is faux outrage, there were other things taken besides these, or did you not read your own source?

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I feel this is faux outrage, there were other things taken besides these, or did you not read your own source?
    How does that make it better LOL?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    How does that make it better LOL?
    I am pointing out he was angry because 1 of many things that were taken. It's not their fault people didn't claim their property.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Are rosary beads a common weapon? Probably not. Would all rosary beads make a good weapon? I doubt it.

Don't worry about things that can be looped around someone's neck? Well, maybe there is room to worry.

Being nuns, those were probably ordinary rosary beads. Keep in mind that not everyone is a nun and it doesn't take much imagination to restring beads on something strong enough to make it a more practical weapon.
    I am going to go with this logic. Feds made the right call and it is more than likely, part of their routine check list for some items. And it was only temporary.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

And how is this allowed exactly? I mean, violation of personal property is a protected right under the constitution even if they are illegal. When they are in the USA they are protected by the same laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactis View Post
    And how is this allowed exactly? I mean, violation of personal property is a protected right under the constitution even if they are illegal. When they are in the USA they are protected by the same laws.
    The government can do it under certain conditions temporarily, such as seizure of a Constitutional guarantee item, a firearm. For safety concerns.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    The government can do it under certain conditions temporarily, such as seizure of a Constitutional guarantee item, a firearm. For safety concerns.
    A weapon is probably considered a nominal response. I would more than likely want their weapons to be taken because, emotions can be high and tensions are high. The process and detention already has everyone at a heightened state and having a weapon is not a good idea in human hands. So yes, I agree with you there on that.

But, for seemingly personal items that visually or fundamentally do not pose a risk to life or property? Seems a little bit outrageous that these agents are just doing whatever they want. I bet in some cases, some agents secretly take women to closets and tell them to strip. I mean, probably not but, it always comes out later than 1 guy was arrested later on down the road because, it was framed for doing such things.

Man I should have shouted that when the airport stole my toenail clippers.

When you got to jail, don't they search you, take all your stuff and put it in an envelope? They give it back to you when you leave?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    A weapon is probably considered a nominal response. I would more than likely want their weapons to be taken because, emotions can be high and tensions are high. The process and detention already has everyone at a heightened state and having a weapon is not a good idea in human hands. So yes, I agree with you there on that.

But, for seemingly personal items that visually or fundamentally do not pose a risk to life or property? Seems a little bit outrageous that these agents are just doing whatever they want. I bet in some cases, some agents secretly take women to closets and tell them to strip. I mean, probably not but, it always comes out later than 1 guy was arrested later on down the road because, it was framed for doing such things.
    Well, rosaries, the government feels , has the potential to be unsafe. I think it would hold up in the courts. The fact remains, under certain conditions, the law says the authorities can seize some personal property.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Man I should have shouted that when the airport stole my toenail clippers.
    Lawls! "HEY THAT'S MINE, I NEED EM FOE MY TOENAILS". BITCH!. Lawls......Whips out nasty feet, that look like swamp thing. Proceeds to cut nails.....

"Ooh, that's nasty". Says the officer.... "Gimme them, no nasty feet clipping today".