Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by alzoron View Post
    I'd go for one of the Samsung 970 SSDs if you can handle the extra cost. Those are m.2 pcie SSDs and are at least 3-4x faster than the SATA SSDs they offer.
    Total waste of money for WoW and gaming in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go for one of the Samsung 970 SSDs if you can handle the extra cost. Those are m.2 pcie SSDs and are at least 3-4x faster than the SATA SSDs they offer.
    Eeehh... Depends on what you do. If you don't move large files / have super fast internet to download stuff it won't matter.
    They're the same speed (roughly) in random operations, which is what matters most
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalatiphra View Post
    wanna put emphasis on not buying th 1660 that is dogshit
    It's okay, but probably not worth the extra cost over a 1060

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalatiphra View Post
    wanna put emphasis on not buying th 1660 that is dogshit
    Why because he needs ray tracing?

The 1660Ti is not dog shit. For $250 its a decent gpu, 1070s are still selling for that used.

- - - Updated - - -

Waste of money unless your transferring large files. It wont make wow or AC run any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandor Clegane View Post
    Why because he needs ray tracing?

The 1660Ti is not dog shit. For $250 its a decent gpu, 1070s are still selling for that used.
    Well, here a 1660Ti goes for at least 300€, so while it's a solid card in terms of raw performance it's not worth the money at least here. Plus, he's gonna play 1080p60 so he can have good performance with cheaper cards.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, here a 1660Ti goes for at least 300€, so while it's a solid card in terms of raw performance it's not worth the money at least here. Plus, he's gonna play 1080p60 so he can have good performance with cheaper cards.
    He wants to keep his PC for 5 years. So what do you recommend over a 1660Ti that is cheaper that will perform better over a 5 year period?

7+ Year Old Account
    If your goal is 1080p60 I would normally recommend an RX 580, but...it is falling behind a bit if you're trying to play ultra on the most modern titles. A 1660ti isn't a bad idea at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    He wants to keep his PC for 5 years. So what do you recommend over a 1660Ti that is cheaper that will perform better over a 5 year period?
    Vega 56 for as long as they're still in stock.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    Vega 56 for as long as they're still in stock.
    Where he is buying his prebuilt from that is not an option.

I may have missed that. Yeah, there's not much room to move around given current SKUs and prices. I would go with an RX 580 but it won't last 5 years for sure. Again, if it was 250€ it would be awesome, but the specific model included in the build is like 330€ here.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I may have missed that. Yeah, there's not much room to move around given current SKUs and prices. I would go with an RX 580 but it won't last 5 years for sure. Again, if it was 250€ it would be awesome, but the specific model included in the build is like 330€ here.
    I get that, but taking personal preference out, as he linked the build, that 1660Ti is the best option he has. It doesn't matter what the going cost in the US or where anyone else lives, its his best option in the configuration on the system he plans to buy with the budget he has.

In his options he has no AMD cards only last gen and current gen nvidia cards, and his next step down is a GTX 1060 3GB to save 90€. That would be horrible decision.