Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    only if it will not be a childish TV show. which will most likely be the case considering blizzard surely wants to attract new players into the game from any way possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    I would absolutely watch it. The TV series could be based in the events of Warcraft III, since it's generally the most beloved and popular storyline. I would have multiple seasons:

Season 1: Arthas' story, his fight against the orcs and the Scourge, his descent into madness, his rise as a Death Knight. The finale would be Arthas killing his father and destroying Lordaeron. Thrall's exodus would the B plot of the season.

Season 2: Continuation of Arthas' story, so his invasion of Andorhal and Quel'thalas, his fight with the Blackrock orcs, and the summoning of Archimonde. The finale would be Archimonde's arrival and a cut to the orcs arriving on their new home, foreshadowing the coming conflict.

Season 3: This season would be focused on the orcs, the rise of the Kalimdor Horde, the adventure of Thrall to the Oracle, and the climax of the season would be the fight with Corrupted Grom and the defeat of Mannoroth. The B plot would be Archimonde and Arthas making ready for war.

Season 4: This would be the final season, where we see the culmination of the long-seeping conflict brewing in the shadows. The events that happen in this season would be those of the Night Elf campaign, ending with the Twilight of the Gods at Mount Hyjal, which would be a very cool battle to see. Better than the Battle of Winterfell, and Archimonde wouldn't be killed by some random rogue to subvert expectations.

I don't think the show could adapt even the expansion's storyline though. Maiev, the Hunt for Illidan, Kael'thas, the Plaguelands Civil War, Arthas' Ascension, Daelin's Invasion... There is just too much stuff to cover.

Arthas story can easily be atleast 2 seasons up until he kills his father, then another 2 season of him on northrend up until he becomes the Lich King.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Why would you wish seasons 5 and 6 of GoT levels of quality on any show?
    7 and 8 were the real problems. 5 was fine, and 6 was only bad in comparison with the first 5 season...it still beats most other shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    7 and 8 were the real problems. 5 was fine, and 6 was only bad in comparison with the first 5 season...it still beats most other shows.
    5 was one of the worst seasons in the whole show, Dorne, twenty good men, the bizzare scene with Sansa Theon and Ramsay...

bro, they don't even have the guts to kill important fan favorite characters IN game (See Jaina just last raid, Thrall, Saurfang, Baine, Genn, etc)

a game of thrones version of WoW involves the player character betraying thrall, jaina and them during the baine escape and Sylvanas kills them all in a red wedding like ambush/trap.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    5 and 6 disgraced the world with the abortion that was show's take on Dorne storyline and big dick not-Euron (among many, many other things). It's only that 7 and 8 were such monumental clusterfucks that those two look decent by comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

I would absolutely watch it. But I would probably also not like it, unless they immediately establish that it's a separate timeline from the game or something. Cause no way is it going to be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    bro, they don't even have the guts to kill important fan favorite characters IN game (See Jaina just last raid, Thrall, Saurfang, Baine, Genn, etc)

a game of thrones version of WoW involves the player character betraying thrall, jaina and them during the baine escape and Sylvanas kills them all in a red wedding like ambush/trap.
    A GoT quality show means a show that is on par with the quality of how the show was made. it doesnt mean they have to change the story and bring J.R.R Martin to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    A GoT quality show means a show that is on par with the quality of how the show was made. it doesnt mean they have to change the story and bring J.R.R Martin to write it.
    Well, that's kind of the rub. Blizzard's writing is hilariously bad. Like, last season of a cancelled 80s saturday morning cartoon bad.

So they'd HAVE to give up creative control to someone like HBO, Netflix, etc... or self produce it (they can't afford that, and have no experience) so it's kinda an either or scenario

Either we get the WC universe, but actually written by HBO style writers like GRR Martin (he's just one example, all HBO shows have main characters dying, lots of fan favorite deaths, etc... GoT is just one of many) or we have a made for tv one done by Blizz so they can control the writing.

We'll never have a GoT style quality WoW show with Blizz at the helm, and that's a fact

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Well, that's kind of the rub. Blizzard's writing is hilariously bad. Like, last season of a cancelled 80s saturday morning cartoon bad.

So they'd HAVE to give up creative control to someone like HBO, Netflix, etc... or self produce it (they can't afford that, and have no experience) so it's kinda an either or scenario

Either we get the WC universe, but actually written by HBO style writers like GRR Martin (he's just one example, all HBO shows have main characters dying, lots of fan favorite deaths, etc... GoT is just one of many) or we have a made for tv one done by Blizz so they can control the writing.

We'll never have a GoT style quality WoW show with Blizz at the helm, and that's a fact
    I think Netflix did an really amazing job so far with their series. I dont remember a Netflix show that I have watched and not admired! even the canceled ones( Daredevil,Ironfist , ... ) were really good to me, in fact it was the first time I could suggest superhero shows to people who dont watch or like superheroes.

GoT season 5, 7 and especially 8? Hell fucking No. GoT season 1-4... thats a yes alright.

I would imagine a Warcraft TV show to be really expensive though, if you look at all the different costumes, magic, locations and NPC's that needs to be constantly visited. Even GoT had to tone down on the CGI on a lot of occasions, the dragons alone is basically eating their entire CGI budget. Now imagine if Deathwing and his brood played a big role. Maybe an animated show is more suitable, but this won't appeal to a bigger audience because of the stigma people have against animated shows.

If Warcraft can have at least 10 seasons, I'd like to see them try something like this:

Season 1: All events of WC1
    Season 2: All events of WC2
    Season 3: All events of WC2's expansions and extra build up that leads into WC3
    Season 4: All events of WC3: Reign of Chaos
    Season 5: All events of WC3: The Frozen Throne
    Season 6: All events of TBC
    Season 7: All events of WotLK
    Season 8: All events of Cataclysm and a lot of Old God build up
    Season 9: Dealing with the Burning Legion
    Season 10: The finale season ends with dealing with the Old Gods and maybe the Void Lords

So even with 10 seasons there is still some major stuff I had to leave out, like everything that happens in Classic WoW, MoP, WoD (lets be real we don't need that), and lastly BFA. But it would cover quite a lot of the franchise. Its still way to expensive to pull this off.

Probably not. I honestly think stuff like that would be much better animated.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, show me a proof of concept where the story isn't completely childish like World of Warcraft.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Animate it and start from the beginning with the elementals reigning and the titan being seeded. Allude to the void playing the elemental lords out against each other to keep it all dark and dead til the pantheon swings by cleaning things up and putting sentience into the life there.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2019-07-20 at 10:40 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    I think Netflix did an really amazing job so far with their series. I dont remember a Netflix show that I have watched and not admired! even the canceled ones( Daredevil,Ironfist , ... ) were really good to me, in fact it was the first time I could suggest superhero shows to people who dont watch or like superheroes.
    I agree, more or less Netflix has really done an incredible job the last decade jumping up to clear #2 (no shame in being 2nd best to HBO). I didn't really like ironfist, but Daredevil was a real gem. So was Stranger Things, and the first 1-2 seasons of House of cards.

Netflix has really done a great job, they can't catch HBO or match it's quality, but they have set themselves up as clear #2 which is incredible to think about

Nah well i would give it a shot of course but if they kept it animated i would for sure. Also think they would make it more childish for their younger audience and that would suck but would still give it a shot.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Only if it was done right. The movie had a good idea but there's too much story to shrink into 2-3 hours. Warcraft never should have been a movie. I was saying as soon as GoT released that Warcraft should have gone that route of having 10+ seasons assuming it did well. There's 3 wars to tell about, there's the lich king story to tell and various other stories that could stretch plenty of seasons. The content is already there, it's all about find a director who knows what they're doing and a strong enough cast... Oh and alot of money.

- - - Updated - - -

God no, if it didn't follow the stories and main characters then I wouldn't touch it at all. There'a already an amazing story there for them to utilize, why try to create something new from a completely new/random characters perspective? I mean sure it opens up the door to create something new, but out of everyone who'd watch it, I doubt many would even know the lore behind the first 3 wars or even any of the main characters.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it would be cool if they started at the end of the 2nd war and followed various storylines like they did in GoT. They could follow the horde after they lost, follow the alliance after they won, follow arthas and his youth interactions with Varian Wrynn, Jaina and his teachers like Uther etc. They could also show thrall as he's locked up fighting in gladiator matches while captive in Durnholde Keep. There'a an amazing story already there, I just feel like they'd be pissing away so much potential by trying to create something new.
    they could do 1-2 seazons for every expansion+ classic
    that should be pretty fun if done right

I mean, if it existed i'd watch it but I wouldn't go out of my way to do so unless it got super reviews, ie it would have to be on Netflix basically.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    If it was well written and well made, yes. If it was garbage tier like the warcraft movie, absolutely not.
    Therein lies the problem.

Blizzard nowadays insist on writing cheap and cheesy trash.