Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooge View Post
    he did horde shit blood and glory
    remember what Jaina did?
    Arrest the Blood Elves who tried to give Garrosh a WMD?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I've written her off ever since her warbringer came out.

I mean this is Blizzard's game. You don't get to burn someone alive and remain on helm of a faction. Game's been rigged from the start!
    When it came out I was angry. Not because it was out of character but because Blizzard sentenced Sylvanas and any sensible member of the Horde for death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I think you mean BFA Sylvanas. Garry's motivation is pretty transparent. Whatever's good for orcs to the exclusion of those who oppose it.
    Sylvanas' motivation was to give Alliance casus belli so they can get their anticipated faction war story.

- - - Updated - - -

She's Tom Cruise in the Last Samurai, except the gatling gun that mows down her and her employer N'zoth will be shooting Saurfang cinematics.
    This is most brutal death I can imagine. Die by bad writing supported by excellent CGI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dimad View Post
    There is a lot of things that Garrosh did wrong at least in the eyes of what we know as in the world today. Though it makes me wonder if his actions, even back in cata where influnced by the old god. Considering he had little to no experience with them I can easily see him having been under thier sway the entire time. The bronze flight said our timeline had the worst possible version of garrosh. So it makes me wonder what the best possible version was like.
    The best possible was likely meant to be an exact copy of Thrall.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh has committed the same amount of wrongdoings as Magnus the Red.
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    When it came out I was angry. Not because it was out of character but because Blizzard sentenced Sylvanas and any sensible member of the Horde for death.
    Pretty much. My only hope is we'll at least get a character who opposes it all, to at least have something to root for. Otherwise, better enjoy the ride while it lasts.

I was angry because they destroyed my favorite race. And by the looks of it, will never have to pay the price for it. Does that count, too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I'm talking about cataclysm Garrosh, not MOP Garrosh.
    If you're talking Cataclysm Garrosh, it's that he was both okay and not okay with using Mana Bombs to kill people and then getting mad at everyone else for them being used. And that he could never make up his mind on the Night Elves, Tauren, Trolls and Undead.

If you're talking Mists Garrosh, it's that he became an Orc Supremacist, hated Blood Elves suddenly and tried to kill Vol'jin because Anduin destroyed his Ancient Super Weapon and it was not because he was corrupted by the Sha/Heart.

So basically Blizzard Writers.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Insulting Ishi alone is one of worst things he did, the guy literally died a honorable death doing all his warchief commanded, yet he still spit on his death
    Mana bomb is most obvious thing, but no need to mention it since i bet everyone know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    This cannot be a serious question. Someone who nuked a city and started a war between two worlds did A LOT of wrong.
    ironic blizz writers defend nuking city and considered it a legitimate attack, i'm puzzled by that view but hey we talk about company that claims burning innocent civilian women and children alive is MORALLY GREY
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Anyone remember how taurens were potrayed in WC3? Big, bad boys screaming "DEATH TO THE ALLIANCE". Now we have only flower loving pussies. Honor here honor there.. All this bullshit. I chose to play an orc to kill people with my axe not to talk about honor.

With Garrosh we could have a real horde and not this shit we have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Pretty much. My only hope is we'll at least get a character who opposes it all, to at least have something to root for. Otherwise, better enjoy the ride while it lasts.
    At least Zul, Azshara, N'zoth and the rest gives us proper entertainment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Insulting Ishi alone is one of worst things he did, the guy literally died a honorable death doing all his warchief commanded, yet he still spit on his death
    Mana bomb is most obvious thing, but no need to mention it since i bet everyone know it
    ironic blizz writers defend nuking city and considered it a legitimate attack, i'm puzzled by that view but hey we talk about company that claims burning innocent civilian women and children alive is MORALLY GREY
    They also say that attemped assassination of other country's leader is a peaceful act.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I remember once upon a time Lore forum was actually about lore and not this kind of degenerate threads.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    Garrosh has committed the same amount of wrongdoings as Magnus the Red.
    He punched one of Leman's hearts?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Anyone remember how taurens were potrayed in WC3? Big, bad boys screaming "DEATH TO THE ALLIANCE". Now we have only flower loving pussies. Honor here honor there.. All this bullshit. I chose to play an orc to kill people with my axe not to talk about honor.

With Garrosh we could have a real horde and not this shit we have right now.
    Sylvanas is the way, brother.

Here we go again.

I'll show myself out, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimad View Post
    There is a lot of things that Garrosh did wrong at least in the eyes of what we know as in the world today. Though it makes me wonder if his actions, even back in cata where influnced by the old god. Considering he had little to no experience with them I can easily see him having been under thier sway the entire time. The bronze flight said our timeline had the worst possible version of garrosh. So it makes me wonder what the best possible version was like.
    By all accounts, Garrosh cracked under the pressure of a job he wasn't prepared or qualified for. Garrosh's personality and actions suggested he would have been a better fit as High Overlord under another Warchief and allowed to focus on orcish military matters, not geopolitics and dealing with a half-dozen disparate cultures and thrice as many interpretations of honor.

One of the refreshing things about Garrosh as a villain is he was largely a villain of his own making, combined with events conspiring to isolate him, leaving him susceptible to going mad with power as various factors chased off his more moderate advisers. He didn't need outside corruption to crack, just too much responsibility, not enough preparation, and the wrong mindset for leading a multinational coalition.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Jaina deserved that bomb.
    Really? Care to elaborate on WHY? Up until the bombing of Theramore, she made every attempt at peace with the Horde. So really unsure as to why you think she deserved it at the time it occurred, Other than you just want to hate on Jaina Proudmore.

How do you mean? Morally or tactically?

Morally, yes. Everything. History is written by the victors and he lost, so pretty much everything.

Tactically? Absolutely. He was an absolute moron when it came to strategy and tactics. His strategies are the Warcraft equivalent of opening up a second front and invading Russia in the winter levels of stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Really? Care to elaborate on WHY? Up until the bombing of Theramore, she made every attempt at peace with the Horde. So really unsure as to why you think she deserved it at the time it occurred, Other than you just want to hate on Jaina Proudmore.
    Theramore was at the center of the invasion of S. Barrens and had built a highway to make it possible, up to and including sieging the Great Gate. They were so invested in said war effort that they were running low on troops. It's all in the Cata S. Barrens quests.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Ah, yes. Northwatch Keep's (which belonged to Theramore) forces attacking Horde positions in the Barrens and conquering Honor's Stand before Garrosh actually attacked Ashenvale was totally an attempt at peace.

The same applies to Theramore's forces attacking the Horde in Durotar, Northern Barrens and Southern Barrens in Cataclysm. And their attempted attack on Mulgore. And the planned attack on Orgrimmar. And them engaging Horde forces in Azshara and Stonetalon. Nothing but peace.

Not to mention Theramore being the Kalimdor staging ground for Alliance's reinforcements from Eastern Kingdoms and building a highway through Dustwallow to make it even easier for said reinforcements to reach the front.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I'm talking about cataclysm Garrosh, not MOP Garrosh.
    Cataclysm, not really. He was a hothead and a douchebag, but I don't remember him intentionally doing anything "bad" or dishonorable. There was Cairne's poisoning, but Garrosh himself had nothing to do with that and was furious at Magatha when he learned what she'd done. He even admitted that because of Magatha's interference, he'd never know if he would've beaten Cairne in a fair fight. He also personally executed Overlord Krom'gar for using what he saw as "dishonorable" tactics.

Although post-MoP Garrosh is a different story.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he lost.
    I was going to say just this.

Garrosh has done nothing wrong by his own people's standards. He waged total war on his enemies and promised death if they didn't submit. For those loyal and talented, he rewarded and recognized their efforts. By modern human standards he was a monster, but one I could respect as a leader. I would say he had the potential to be one of the Horde's greatest warchiefs if he wasn't wasted on a raid. At the time I hated him, I'm still not fond of him, but I can appreciate the leadership he represented.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

It all began in WotLK, with Garrosh being a hothead bent on attacking the Alliance amid the Scourge problems.
    It continued in Cataclysm. As Varok predicted, his ego inflated after the Warsong Offensive was successful in Northrend. More impulse, less negotiations, etc.
    Escalating in MoP with all the horrible stuff he did.
    And finally in WoD, he bullshited the timelines to conquer Azeroth and Draenor.

Thrall gave too much power to him. He wasn't ready at all.