Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Dunno, back in the day i hated rep grinding...was tedious and took forever to gain reps. Now gaining rep is a lot faster and less tedious even though time gated.
    I highly doubt if they remove time gating they would keep the same amount of rep gains you get and instead reduce the amount you gain, which in turn makes it less enjoyable for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Want to "grind"? Then go kill the coral treants for the item that grants 250 rep for the Ankoan and exp for your bodyguards. There's no daily limit for their drop.
    You mean ancient reefwalker bark? That one is just weekly. and the 250 rep is from followers gaining a level. Think the green one you can farm is just 20xp per follower.

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    I desperately miss the good ol days when rep grinds weren't gated and if you had the time then you could grind as much as you wanted. You were able to run dungeons over and over again for your favorite faction, throw on a tabard, do normal quests etc...now everything is locked behind weeklys and dailies to help extend subscriptions

I'm just so frustrated as a returning player to BFA who hasn't been keeping up with the all the different factions. I don't mind doing the grind to earn what I want like the allied races and flying but good grief if I have the time to play why can't I just go until my hearts content?
    I agree. This new Blizz has it set in stone that you play the way they want or not at all

I’d rather spend a few days grinding dungeons and mobs for tiny amounts of rep than spend weeks grinding dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    You mean ancient reefwalker bark? That one is just weekly. and the 250 rep is from followers gaining a level. Think the green one you can farm is just 20xp per follower.
    Is it? I'm pretty sure I got two in a single day... but I could be mistaken, I guess.

Is it? I'm pretty sure I got two in a single day... but I could be mistaken, I guess.
    Sadly, they are once a week to prevent people farming as they desire

We have to play the way Blizz wants us to, at their pace or not at all basically

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    EVERY SINGLE expansion has had time gated reps of some type or anther,

Classic - Thousand sands, Hydraxian Waterlords
    BC - every single one with dailys
    Wrath - you guessed it dailys, tabards introduced for some but not all reps.
    Cata - oh my god dailys? you guessed it, tabars still here,
    Mop - have a guess, tabards now limited to factions
    WOD - who would have thought but you gussed it dailys, tabards no longer work, unless in that expac or lvling,
    Legion - World Quests.... tabards stopped working.
    BFA - World Quests....

the rep grinds have actually gotten more limited and harder to get yes,

Classic you could farm mobs for turn ins, BC some of the reps allowed this, Wrath had little to none, Cata had none.

the point is, every expansion has had a time gating of some type or another,

stop remembering what you want to, and ignoring the rest.
    tbh everyone knows that every expansion had some time gating, it's just that it became more and more controlled, tedious and obvious, because before we didn't have the case that you have to grind a faction to exalted only so that you can actually unlock a new playable race... heck you even have to grind the rep to exalted just so that you can play through the main storyline of this expansion.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    What, so you can come back and complain that everything is too easy to get?

There isn't enough compelling content to just allow players to have things anymore.

5+ Year Old Account
    it took me 2 weeks to get flying because i didnt want to farm some special Rares and fishing 250 rep every day.
    And for you that cry about the Tabard there its an item call CONTRACT idk if you knew about that item but still you can give some money to the poor Inscriptors.
    Since the beginning in every expansion and even Vanilla there were Reputation Gates idk why you cry so much when BfA made it easier, hell you can get exalted with everyone in less than 2 months (i got exalted with everyone on september after the releasing of BfA.

pd: i am joking Inscription are fucking millionaires every new patch.... greedy bastards LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    Time gating and RNG.
    The two pillars of WoW since like... 2010 or so.

you WILL log in every day (or miss out)
    and you WILL progress as much as bliz wants you to.

gotta keep those subs rolling and stretch them out man.
    nothing personal, just business.

The minimum/cheapest WoW subscription lasts for 30 days. Plenty of time to reach exalted with relevant factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Time gating and RNG.

More like 2008, this sense of urgency became tangible back in WotLK when they added justice/valour tokens, nowadays people are saying that those tokens were good, but back then people were bitching about them A LOT. People felt that they're pressured to play everyday to do at least 1 random HC to hit the valour cap, otherwise they're losing sweet sweet tokens.

I mean, even TBC had similar issues, but they became waaay more pronounced in WotLK.

Blizz have been trying to make people play as much as possible for a long long time, it's nothing new, really.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-07-22 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    The "good old days" is Cata. You could just throw on a tabard and run dungeons endlessly, which is what most people I knew did. A lot more fun than today where you log on, do 6 quests, then log off, then tomorrow, come back and do the same quests again. The time gating sucks, and the easy, stupid questing sucks more.
    IF all you do in wow is grinding reputation, yes
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Imagine if raids also had no weekly lockout and you could raid as much as you want. It is necessary to have time gated content in an online community to keep the population more or less at the same level. It creates sense of belonging to the same "tier". Currently a mythic raider that raids 12 hours a week is the same as someone that COULD play x2 as much. Without a weekly lockout the x2 player would be simply better equipped and done with the content before the 12 hours a week guy and both would be separated and not in the same group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Time gating and RNG.

Ah yes, I forgot BC was launched in 2010.

If you didn't kill every rare of both zone, if you have not fish you 10 secrets fish every day, if you don't have every craft that give reputation (like the gramophone), if you didn't do every hidden quest (like dystopia future), you never had a time gate. If you really did everything each day, good for you that you can spend 5-6 hours each day farming reputation, but I'm sure I'm not the only want to do other things inside and outside of wow. And if you did all the things every day, grats on your exalted reputation that you got 2 week ago, you are no longer bind by any reputation gate.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

I will say that there could have been more variety in the quests for Naz. Some days I'm getting Plug the Geysers x2 or 3, and there's the untangling and bejeweled quests. At least they nerfed the bejeweled one into the ground from its crazy initial form. The pool should have been bigger. But yeah, Naz/Mecha rep is fine. Dark Iron/Maghar at launch really weren't and had a lot more complaint threads here as a result. Neither of those races were even tied into the rep that you were grinding.

I desperately miss the good ol days when rep grinds weren't gated and if you had the time then you could grind as much as you wanted. You were able to run dungeons over and over again for your favorite faction, throw on a tabard, do normal quests etc...now everything is locked behind weeklys and dailies to help extend subscriptions

I'm just so frustrated as a returning player to BFA who hasn't been keeping up with the all the different factions. I don't mind doing the grind to earn what I want like the allied races and flying but good grief if I have the time to play why can't I just go until my hearts content?
    I kid you not, I was thinking to write a similar thread today...........

I can no longer spare 5-6 hours for WoW nowdays. I have 3 or maximum 4 per day, in which I definitely prefer NOT to grind... I am so sick and tired of always having to grind. Grind AP, grind WQ, grind *this rep*... WTF man!!!! Can't you just let me play the actual game here?!?!? And to all the smarta**es who will reply with "...but man don't do it if you don't like it..." I will say screw you from now!!! If I don't do it, then I will fall behind. If I fall behind, I will be at disadvantage in both PvP or PvE. If I am at disatvantage just because some noob who is 3x worse than me, but doesn't mind and/or has the time to grind endlessly, then the game actually becomes quite the opposite of fun...

I am seriously considering to cancel my subscription and remove all traces of Blizzard not just from my PC but also my brain. I am seriously getting sick and tired of all their greed (not just with WoW) and general ways of handling stuff.....

Quote Originally Posted by Greengrim View Post
    I kid you not, I was thinking to write a similar thread today...........

I can no longer spare 5-6 hours for WoW nowdays.
    I understand where you are coming from. Long gone are the days of just raid logging. Essences added another short-term grind on top of things. At least getting to 55 is easy and you can stop there unless you're in a more hardcore guild. Basically your playtime will go down once your essences and AP is where you need it to be. I'd still take this any day over the legion legendary grind (benthic gear aside), and that AP grind before 7.1.5 (Maw of Souls hundreds of times over).

Ultimately with each major patch you're going to have go hard for like 6 weeks and then you can chill. If that current model isn't for you, then yeah you might need to move on. Find a guild first that is cool with having lax requirements.

3+ Year Old Account

Some people think it's because it's more profitable to force people to wait for an arbitrary amount of time than it is to let them play how they like. However, the game had more players back then before all the gating was in, so it's not true.

My guess is Blizzard is tired of seeing people who play a lot have an advantage over people who play less, this is also one of the reason behind the titanforging cancer that they won't remove.
    Blizzard need to understand that video games are part of life, it's not separated, it takes time out of real life to play more. That means people who play less should accomplish more in life. So it balances out, more in the game, less in life, of more in life and less in the game.
    Blizzard put in something to help people who play less but is there anything to help people who spend less time in real life? No and there should not be, people who play less and complain they can't get everything should instead of happy of what they have in general, and stop crying to get more for playing less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want to "grind"? Then go kill the coral treants for the item that grants 250 rep for the Ankoan and exp for your bodyguards. There's no daily limit for their drop.
    What does your reply have to do with mine?