Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Well obviously you don't stop hiring people lol, im just saying at some point you need to accept that this game used to be popular beyond anyone's imagination and i think its possible to reclaim some of that magic with very selective game design decisions.
    The game is still popular beyond anyone's imagination, regardless of how you might feel. 'Member BfA sales? And it's 15 years old to boot.

Let's see just how much Classic will reclaim any form of magic before assigning literal rehashing of old content this status as a miracle, shall we.

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    Careful now.. that rose tinting on your glasses is approaching blackout levels...

In all seriousness - Tech614 is correct. Trash in Vanilla was just.. well trash. Very few mobs had special abilities, only a handful of interrupts were mandatory, and about the most challenging aspect was marking the targets for CC.

- - - Updated - - -

Is your implied intent here that the game is no longer popular? I haven't seen any *factual* evidence to back a statement like that.
    Ive played since ~april of 2006, prior to 8.2 hitting ive never seen this game more barren and that includes the last few months of WoD. If i had to wager a guess WoW was below 2m worldwide subs for the first time ever before a few weeks ago. The thing is blizz doesnt care because the people playing now are spending a ton of money on mounts and shit from the store, i dont have a problem with store mounts but what i do have a problem with is making them such a central focus goal (15 second ads on twitch for 8.2 where all it talks about is new pets, mounts, and toys)......this is an mmo not a collectors game.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Sorry let me take my one taunt and pick up all 30 of these mobs you and your nine friends are meme beaming. i'll get right on that.
    Yea that's the thing the bad dps don't get this expansion. Only 3 tank specs have good burst AoE threat, the other 3 are either meh or flat out suck. If the tank literally pulls and .5 second later you're using your highest dps aoe move well GG my friend Blood and Brewmaster ain't holding threat lol.

I really love how everyone claims "threat is not an issue", either you play m+ with double rogue, or with some shitty dps. The new essences give dps players possibilities of crazy burst on packs and the dps essences have lower cooldown than corresponding tank essence.

The new affix also promotes bursting packs with the emissary (2 out of 3 types) and while tank can taunt the primary target back, a lot of dps classes have both abilities and essences with indiscriminate cleave not every tank class can outaggro easily and "reroll to prot warrior" shouldn't be the only answer to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    The typical "I do no wrong, it's all the dps's fault" response. The people like you bitch when DD aren't dealing enough dps, then bitch when they rip agro off you with a single Target crit.
    Not saying I do not wrong, everyone makes mistakes. But I've tanked for 7 years I know how threat works, if you think you know some secret about generating threat without pressing buttons then please, by all means enlighten me.

DPS can go absolutely balls to the wall with their damage, there is no need at all for them to slow down as long as everyone is playing properly. The only time a tank is gonna lose threat is a situation like I described, when MD's and Tricks aren't being used, tanks having dead GCD's to press life saving buttons etc. When everyone does their job it isn't a concern, but the attitude of thinking a tank can just generate more threat even when they are pressing all their buttons is ridiculous, that just means you have no idea how threat works.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I really love how everyone claims "threat is not an issue", either you play m+ with double rogue, or with some shitty dps. The new essences give dps players possibilities of crazy burst on packs and the dps essences have lower cooldown than corresponding tank essence.

The new affix also promotes bursting packs with the emissary (2 out of 3 types) and while tank can taunt the primary target back, a lot of dps classes have both abilities and essences with indiscriminate cleave not every tank class can outaggro easily and "reroll to prot warrior" shouldn't be the only answer to that.
    Its also a matter of what tank specs they play with, both Prot specs and VDH are capable of fast and big AoE damage, the rest really aren't and you can't open up with a damn azerite beam lmao. Just let them die when they pull that shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    There wouldn't be threat issues if tanks could pick the Focusing Iris essence or the MOTHER essence. All this spec-based arbitration is causing unnecessary problems because post-modern Blizzard hates player agency.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Ive played since ~april of 2006, prior to 8.2 hitting ive never seen this game more barren and that includes the last few months of WoD. If i had to wager a guess WoW was below 2m worldwide subs for the first time ever before a few weeks ago. The thing is blizz doesnt care because the people playing now are spending a ton of money on mounts and shit from the store, i dont have a problem with store mounts but what i do have a problem with is making them such a central figure......this is an mmo not a collectors game.
    You must've been playing with blinders then since WoD literally had players sit in a Garrison that was instanced away.

As someone that's actually been playing and spending time daily not only in max level content, but in low level zones as well, there's never a time when you don't run into players. The game is every bit as much active and populated as it was during the 14 months of MoP, when it retained 5 million players. My wager this close to 8.2's release would be 6 million, 7-8 million during BfA's release (or more considering the record amount of copies sold) and never going below 5 million considering the release cycles of patches, where Blizzard sits on numbers and can see when MAU sinks below what they find acceptable.

The game is still an MMO for a fact (Massively Multiplayer Online), MMORPG's tend to have collections. Not having said collections would mean less content, not more.

Snapped these recently.

Allied races no doubt serve as a boon to low level content in terms of player engaging in it, but far from all characters belong to old players that can make allied races.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-07-23 at 11:00 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    (like running to the tank or start hitting a different mob rather than increasing their lead).
    I was actually in a dundeon the other day where one of the DPS kept pulling mobs off a tank and then running damn near to the other end of the dungeon to "escape" the mob.

When I pointed out that it would be better for all involved if he just ran to the tank, he refused as he didn't want to take damage.

*mind boggles*
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    You must've been playing with blinders then since WoD literally had players sit in a Garrison that was instanced away.

As someone that's actually been playing and spending time daily not only in max level content, but in low level zones as well, there's never a time when you don't run into players. The game is every bit as much active and populated as it was during the 14 months of MoP, when it retained 5 million players.

The game is still an MMO for a fact (Massively Multiplayer Online), MMORPG's tend to have collections. Not having said collections would mean less content, not more.
    No you are confusing sharding with realms being busy, i have zero doubt that BFA is by far the least populated WoW has been since early vanilla. And again i have no problem with collectors or mounts or anything like that, i have a problem with blizzard making it a goal for players to aim for. It should be a fun side activity, not something you want your entire playerbase striving for, its not good for the game overall.

No you are confusing sharding with realms being busy, i have zero doubt that BFA is by far the least populated WoW has been since early vanilla. And again i have no problem with collectors or mounts or anything like that, i have a problem with blizzard making it a goal for players to aim for. It should be a fun side activity, not something you want your entire playerbase striving for, its not good for the game overall.
    You contradict yourself. You claimed WoW looks more barren then ever when you play it, now you claim their opposing point of it wasn't is because of sharding.

So which is it my dude, you can't have both. The only thing you have done is prove your anecdotal claim to not only be worthless because it's anecdotal but probably not even an accurate anecdotal take lmao.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    My void walker at the moment isnt holding anything.
    the land shark deals 130k damage, that's enough to take normal mobs out.
    but used on an Elite my lock takes the agrro and only way to get it back on VW resummon a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You contradict yourself. You claimed WoW looks more barren then ever when you play it, now you claim their opposing point of it wasn't is because of sharding.

So which is it my dude, you can't have both. The only thing you have done is prove your anecdotal claim to not only be worthless because it's anecdotal but probably not even an accurate anecdotal take lmao.
    Guild lists, server populations, /who, and common sense are all better descriptors than looking around you in a city that has people from 15 different realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your proof is fantastic. It is a shame more people don't find these well documented sub numbers like you do and use them. Hell i would wager a guess that there are only 2 people playing WoW right now, they just have multiple accounts.

Sharding doesn't magically make players appear where there are none. Those players exist even when they're moved in from a different server to that shard. And as seen in the images above, it's not just in sharded zones.

Your "zero doubt" isn't worth much seeing as how you'll move the goalposts and try at every turn to make it sound like the game is headed somewhere that others before you claimed it was even when we knew the game to have 12 million subs retained. The problem is that in your mental processing plants, the game sunk with WoD and never stopped sinking despite having expansions launched that completely changed the design philosophies and constant stream of content.

The game is only about collectibles to people choosing to care about those things. There's still players not giving a crap, only focusing on dungeons, raiding, professions, gold, leveling etc. There's MORE to do, not less, thanks to collectibles (Transmog being one that seems popular with enough to be universal).

I have zero doubt that BfA has more active players than MoP, a far more divisive expansion that still retained 5 million during a 14 month drought. Clearly, 8.2 made the game even more populated.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-07-23 at 11:12 PM.

Guild lists, server populations, /who, and common sense are all better descriptors than looking around you in a city that has people from 15 different realms.
    And yet when you scroll through the realm lists, there are still way more full and high pop realms than low pop realms. All of you hive mind anti-wow circle jerk trolls are just pissed off your crusade to get everyone to hate WoW isn't working.

Guild lists, server populations, /who
    So back it up with some real data then? If you're claiming you can prove it outside of the BS take "the world is barren" which you already back tracked on cause of sharding then do so. Everything you just listed can be backed up with hard numbers if you did the research or kept track of them at all. Spoiler alert: you didn't.

You seem to be claiming shit you can't prove, it's actually quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Your proof is fantastic. It is a shame more people don't find these well documented sub numbers like you do and use them. Hell i would wager a guess that there are only 2 people playing WoW right now, they just have multiple accounts.
    Can't wait for their inevitable posts going "Every gain in MAU after August 2019 is due to Classic any players playing WoW play Classic and Classic only why because I said so that's why!!!!"...

Actually, it wouldn't be that much of a difference from what they've been doing until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So back it up with some real data then? If you're claiming you can prove it outside of the BS take "the world is barren" which you already back tracked on cause of sharding then do so. Everything you just listed can be backed up with hard numbers if you did the research or kept track of them at all. Spoiler alert: you didn't.

You seem to be claiming shit you can't prove, it's actually quite sad.
    Clearly i can't prove anything as blizzard does not release sub numbers anymore and for good reason lol. I couldnt care less of who thinks what on a forum, i know for myself this game (at least prior to 8.2) is the lowest its been since probably 2005. The messed up part is blizzard is probably making close to what they did in the wrath/cata days because of mounts/pets and most importantly the WoW token.

So you've entered every guild possible to gauge?
    Server populations = more servers are medium - High - Full than there are low pop, and those server pops are fluid so if they show Full, that's a LOT of players logged in.

/WHO doesn't show you every player in the zone, but tend to show the max amount even at 4 AM these days across my 3 servers. Random low pop zones show between 20 and 40 players on average, not bad for "content nobody bothers with". That's before counting the players being phased into the zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Clearly i can't prove anything as blizzard does not release sub numbers anymore and for good reason lol. I couldnt care less of who thinks what on a forum, i know for myself this game (at least prior to 8.2) is the lowest its been since probably 2005. The messed up part is blizzard is probably making close to what they did in the wrath/cata days because of mounts/pets and most importantly the WoW token.
    You don't know that, you believe that, and with your attitude towards the game, why wouldn't you?

Nobody likes to believe that something they dislike is successful. Meanwhile, the game's financial reports show otherwise. Hell, the financial power of Retail is what enables Classic to become a reality. Ain't nothing "messed up" about diversifying income, it's clever business. The WoW token no doubt enables MORE people to play as they can pay using gold. Win win situation.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-07-23 at 11:23 PM.