Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    You know what? Fuck Pathfinder. Let me pay like $25 or whatever so I can fly around and fish. Enough of this grindy shit that takes way too much time and isn't fun. My time is more valuable to me than a tiny amount of cash.
    Same, the exact same reason i pay for things which save me a ton of time. Like 10 character 110 boosts when it launched, even though I haven't played a single one of those classes but they're sat their waiting collecting dust :P

As i said before, for me you can't put a price on flying. Without it my experience is seriously diminished and my own time is extremely valuable so i'd pay millions of gold if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    This is exactly why I'd rather have Pathfinder than 'buy flying' again. I'm not paying 100k for fucking flying. NOPE. Keep pathfinder and people will just have to suck it up and deal. It's honestly not bad. It would be better if it came SOONER in an expansion, but the concept isn't bad. If you play the game passively you get it by the time it comes out. It's not hard.
    Pathfinder should be reach max level on one character and done. What more is there to experience after getting to max level?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    You are pretty much exactly halfway through.
    if u consider the time that u spend after the final raid has been cleared and no new content is put out for over a year til the next pre xpac event happens as time well spent....

It wasn't 5K in today value. It was more close to 50k. So people who are saying "5k like it was before" have no idea how currency works.

w/e the expansion costs + my monthly sub. Thats it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Why not just get to the current level cap, do a short quest, and then you have flying unlocked? Quite simple really.
    Or just play the game? Quite simple really

Quote Originally Posted by Ceck1993 View Post
    Or just play the game? Quite simple really
    And Blizzard could make zones where you HAVE to fly from island to island or something.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Pathfinder should be reach max level on one character and done. What more is there to experience after getting to max level?
    As long as the requirements aren't awful, which they're truly not, idc what the achievement requires. What I don't want to do is have to spend 100K+ on every character for flying. Even as a one-time thing it's too much, partly because I'm cheap but still.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

5000g once reaching max level for the whole account
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    Why not just get to the current level cap, do a short quest, and then you have flying unlocked? Quite simple really.
    Because that isn't punitive enough for daring to want to leave the ground and soar.

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    $0 and I'd unsub immediately. As I would the moment any gameplay feature became locked behind a paywall
    At that moment paywall is just better, than year-time-gate-stupid-achievement-wall. Do you understand, that for some players, like me, it's about paying more vs not playing at all? I resubbed just 2 months ago just because flying was going to be implemented. Yeah, Blizzard milked my 30$ for this two months. But wouldn't it much more better for them to have whole sub price since release + some flying fee? Yeah, much better.

And flying doesn't even fix all problems. Because even flying just can't fix overtuned mobs and forced PVP.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2019-07-26 at 04:39 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Honestly, I'm perfectly fine with current scenario. It's not hard or really time consuming. Pathfinder 1 can be done mostly while leveling first time and Pathfinder is just do a few reps.

The only thing I would say that needs changes is that flying and pathfinder part 2 need to be out the first 0.5 patch. So in this case 8.0.5 rather than 8.2. It shouldn't take flying that long to be available, but requiring the work isn't bad in itself.

Why pay for something you can do for free and have good fun doing it?This isnt vanilla where you had to not have fun and get rewarded.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Good for you, but the reason they do pathfinder now, beside to make you experience the new zones on foot first, is so unlocking Flying makes it feel like a reward again. I know that's not everyone's "cup of tea" but at least they tie a mount to unlocking it.
    if they want to accomplish that then let us do it in the base patch, the 6-10 months of waiting is in no way making it any more rewarding.... Would also help us actually remember the things we skipped while waiting for flying, because we didn't have such a large gap.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Good for you, but the reason they do pathfinder now, beside to make you experience the new zones on foot first, is so unlocking Flying makes it feel like a reward again. I know that's not everyone's "cup of tea" but at least they tie a mount to unlocking it.
    And that would be fine with me. I get that they want us to experience new content on foot, just like it's always been (Except for Cataclysm) but the time gating is just based on greeed and makes no other sense than that. Have Pathfinder ready and avalible to complete (at max level) at launch and I'll be fine with it

Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    And that would be fine with me. I get that they want us to experience new content on foot, just like it's always been (Except for Cataclysm) but the time gating is just based on greeed and makes no other sense than that. Have Pathfinder ready and avalible to complete (at max level) at launch and I'll be fine with it
    I like it when arm chair devs bitch about time gating and about the devs in general without knowing fuck all about anything really.

But of course, you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how close minded it may be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I don't know. If people can't enjoy game without flying, how will they enjoy it with? You can't fly in raids, dungeons and instanced pvp. You got whistle and 3 hearthstones. Gathering is arguably the only thing which is way faster with flying, everything else is faster, but only by a margin and u can't make a sandwich while flying. So "I won't sub unless you give me flying" people would come back for a month, bitch about something else and leave, while us, who like how it works now and actually play the game for other reasons than to fly, would have to deal with it.
    Your making a grate many assumptions,

1: The people who keep play the game now like this system. No, many of us keep playing even though we detest the current system.

2: That people who like the system or no flying at all don't complain and quit as well. No, they are just as prone to leaving as everyone else, they just have one less thorn in their side.

3: That flying won't change the amount of content we do. No, just in this thread alone we see plenty of people who are actually more keen on going out and doing the more laborious activities now that they don't have to deal with the 2-4 questing areas + the sometimes crazy geography between them and the quest.

You can say well it's a fair and balanced system becuse everyone has a time where they get what they want, but it's really not, it basically almost fully caters to one group and just tosses the other a bone about a year later. If you want a fair system then you would need to switch between the styles every other expansion. One being like current system where the no fly crowed gets a good chunk of time without it "hindering" their enjoyment until much later in the expansion, and another where we have flying at or close to the start, with a few areas set aside for the no fly crowd later on.

It's funny even most of the no flying crowed is usually done with the idea within a few months of the expansion launch, leaving only the most devoted to actually push for it to be much later/never.

And here we have it. I hope all the "wanna be hardcore" players will read this post... this is why we can't have nice things. Cause its impossible to cater to the whole player base.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashenhoof View Post
    I like it when arm chair devs bitch about time gating and about the devs in general without knowing fuck all about anything really.
    Ya, it's totally only the flying crowed that tries to back seat the devs of this game, or that the devs are always right about the dissensions they make.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenhoof View Post
    But of course, you are entitled to your opinion, no matter how close minded it may be.
    Because the group of people asking for everyone to have the choice about how they play the game are the closed minded ones.