Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I have a suggestion for OP.

Make your own game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Gotcha..

Remove everything that takes time while demanding more content

Well thats not how game design works. You see it takes time.
    And even though BLZ already catered alot to players who want maximum game for minimum effort (well for free to be honest) they are still unable to alter time to magically pump out good, stable and tested content in that pace.

I would love a raid filled with AI players as suggested though.
    Finally the scrubs will shine when they managed to beat their fellow AI dps, also known as:
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Gotcha..

Remove everything that takes time while demanding more content

Well thats not how game design works. You see it takes time.
    And even though BLZ already catered alot to players who want maximum game for minimum effort (well for free to be honest) they are still unable to alter time to magically pump out good, stable and tested content in that pace.

I would love a raid filled with AI players as suggested though.
    Finally the scrubs will shine when they managed to beat their fellow AI dps, also known as:

Except an AI would be programmed to be as efficient as possible leaving the scrubs so far behind on the dps meters they will start to complain about AI being too good.

And also, if you are being carried by AI, are you really playing the game? Why pay 10$ to NOT play.

Quote Originally Posted by Multitorix Davlen View Post
    Personally speaking, pushing for soloable content is good and all, but making the specifically GROUP focused content to be "solo" defeats the purpose of that group content. It's designed for you to look for people to do the content, which is the purpose of an MMO. If you want to be solo and play a solo game, go somewhere else. I dont understand why people want to make something that is by design a group based game into anti-social central. There are plenty of other games that cater to that and you REALLY need to go play that instead. Now lets tackle the points

1. No, dungeons and raids are by design group content and should not be available to solo players when the content is current.

2. reputation grids and timegates have been in the game since vanilla and has been a common complaint since the game began. Unless you can design an alternative that achieves the same goal of slowing down the player (which imo is their intended purpose) then by all means.

3. This is antithesis to the nature of the game, you're suppose to go out, kill monsters, get loot. Currency based vendor loot are suppose to be a form of bad luck protection, not the actual main source of items.

4. i dont understand this point, do you mean upgrade tokens that make your gear a higher item level? if so then no.

5. I'd be fine with this.

6. Leveling is the problem, would rather fix that than the allied race prereqs. If you casually do the content when it is current, I.E. emmisaries every so often, you will be exalted by expac end. The rep requirement definitively should be removed after a period of time.

7. Quest design takes a while to do, updating them every month is kinda insane if you dont already have a buffer of quests made by the expansion. You also have to take into consiteration that these guys are already working on future stuff when the current stuff is, well you know, current.

8. No, it is not Player versus Player without the Players. If you wanna fight AI opponents you need to do DUNGEONS, or wait for the comp stomp special brawl.

9. How would you solve this? The queue times is based on who is queuing for that content. If there's like 5 healers available for 60+ groups you're going have to wait regardless.
    As for the bolded part: I personally don't "really" want it, but as for why other people want it: Many people out there want a single player game with the amount of content that WoW has, which is something that doesn't exist (and probably never will), and it is much more likely for blizzard to add single player options for everything in the game than it is for some dev to step up and say "Yeah, we're gonna create a single player game with the same amount of content as a mmo with 20 years of development time behind it".
    So unless Bethesda postpones ESVI to 2040 and includes the entirety of Nirn in it (while also completely overhauling the fighting system), people that want that kind of experience will continue to be shit out of luck, which is of course completely fucking unacceptable, because a single player game the size of WoW is something that needs to exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    As for the bolded part: I personally don't "really" want it, but as for why other people want it: Many people out there want a single player game with the amount of content that WoW has, which is something that doesn't exist (and probably never will), and it is much more likely for blizzard to add single player options for everything in the game than it is for some dev to step up and say "Yeah, we're gonna create a single player game with the same amount of content as a mmo with 20 years of development time behind it".
    So unless Bethesda postpones ESVI to 2040 and includes the entirety of Nirn in it (while also completely overhauling the fighting system), people that want that kind of experience will continue to be shit out of luck, which is of course completely fucking unacceptable, because a single player game the size of WoW is something that needs to exist.
    So you want another game then. Obviously.

You don't see me hanging around on Fifa forums asking for a Hockey mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    tldr : “I’m playing the wrong game”
    Every day theres a new post about how the game should play itself some more. Why do i need to raid? Why do i need to do quests? Why do I need to pvp?
    The game should play itself while I take a glance at the screen once in a while for dat l0re

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Totally agree. There should also be some "difficulty level" slider for outdoor content, where player would be able to make content suitable for his preferences, but with worse rewards. We should really go away from "struggle to grind gear to make game enjoyable...when you no longer need it".

Plus of course remove forced PVP. Yeah, you can always turn War Mode off, but game design doesn't stop being PVP-biased, when you do it. There are still plenty of ways to trick player into PVP-flagging himself. There also tons of ways to abuse mechanics to harass and troll other players. Players choose PVE mode not because they don't want to be killed. They choose it to avoid anti-social sociopaths, who get their fun via griefing other players.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I straight up disagree with you.

The way it is right now, rewards you for doing a sertain activity in the game. If you give the same reward for sertain activities in the game you are like getting it anyway because you do the said content anyway. I dont think it a bad thing at all that you for sertain have to get out of dungeons and do WQ for rep to unlock allied races. You might think its tedious but you will feel rewarded in the end if you finally get the last couple WQ done to get an allied race unlocked.

If a sertain, single, activity is to much for you to get lets say the allied race? Then you just simple dont want the allied race that bad.

#BringThePlayerNotContent Player should do content, because he enjoys it - not because he is force to.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Heroic and Mythic level world.

Like Warmode, only the mobs hit harder, have more HP, more abilities, appear in larger packs and patrols that may require CC and interrupts. Rewards more stuff and rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    So you want another game then. Obviously.

You don't see me hanging around on Fifa forums asking for a Hockey mode.
    Yeah. But that game doesn't exist. And as i said, asking blizz to put in single player for everything is the more sensible question to ask of a developer. Like i said, i personally don't want everything in WoW to have single player, but if enough players ask for it and it happens, i'll take it in lieu of a better alternative.

1.) Dungeons and raids are content available to solo players, premade groups and matchmade groups
    2.) Reputation time gates are being removed, and you can get reputation by doing different tasks, be it dungeon runs, raid runs, or playing pvp for the specific faction
    3.) Any kind of drops, be it mounts, items, item upgrades are available from vendors for currencies you get from different sources, including questing, dungeons, raids, pvp and world events. The amount of currency you receive is partly rng and partly based on the skill needed to beat the opponent.
    4.) Bosses, be it world- or dungeon- or raid-bosses, only will drop gear upgrade items and currencies, neither sets nor items.
    5.) Flying should be obtainable once you explored new zones and invest a small gold amount into it. Account wide.
    6.) Allied races should need no faction prerequisites. You just get them unlocked and may play them without any kind of grind. Leveling is grind enough
    7.) World quests get updates every month. Factions need at least 50 different quests at start, and not as like with the tortollians only 3 quests where people burn out fast.
    8.) PVP should be available against AI opponents per default, if you chose to, or whenever there are not enough players available (as like in low level)
    9.) Avoiding large queue times is a major design goal for upcoming matchmaking systems (as like filling up dungeon or LFR queues with AI units, or just tuning them down to the available number of players.
    1.) Let's be real here, this would make the game even less social than it already is and heavily increase quest times. Not to mention that it'd be a lot easier for certain classes than for others. Capable people would also be more likely to solo (outside of guild/friend stuff) since the burden is on them alone, rather than relying on other people not failing. This'd probably kill LFR, normal maybe even HC for raids and LFD and mythic/low mythic+ for dungeons.
    2.) I kinda agree, I think certain BfA dungeons could have given rep to the appropriate faction. You'd just have people spam dungeons for 2 days and then be exalted with everything, though.
    3.) Some control is fine, not everything has to be vendor based. Especially inconsequential stuff like mounts.
    4.) See above. It'd just turn raiding into grinding for currency. Aiming for certain bosses to get your pieces is pretty fun, IMO.
    5.) I think flying in BfA could have been available a bit sooner, yeah. You get 2 parts of pathfinder already, I think flying with pathfinder part 1 (for KT/Zand) could have been fine.
    6.) IDK,you should atleast have to complete their main storyline. So all of Highmountain, Suramar, Kul'tiras, Zandalar,... I agree that getting exalted is maybe a little too grindy. Leveling should also be less grindy than it currently is.
    7.) I agree on the tortollan stuff. Just randomizing the mazes would have helped. I liked the shell game, though. Even if it is a little easy.
    8.) It'd just be free wins and real boring, tbh. Just look at HotS, OW or HS. Either they give the AI an unfair advantage or it's a joke.
    9.) How does this tie in with your first point? You're causing insane que times and the people incapable of soloing can now play with AI that'll just carry you to some extent?

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Yeah. But that game doesn't exist. And as i said, asking blizz to put in single player for everything is the more sensible question to ask of a developer. Like i said, i personally don't want everything in WoW to have single player, but if enough players ask for it and it happens, i'll take it in lieu of a better alternative.
    But why try to change a game to something it's not?
    WoW was never ment to be a solo experience.

But you have received what you want, you can actually do everything in this game solo. You never have to interact with another player, ever.
    If you want to raid then you have LFR, just act if the player next to you is a bot which it most likely is anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Players choose PVE mode not because they don't want to be killed. They choose it to avoid anti-social sociopaths, who get their fun via griefing other players.
    Next level psychology here lmao

Respectfully, I strongly dislike every idea. It would ruin the game imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only option you currently have is to skip main features, which means, you also skip major parts of the content. As like not going on raids, but also not seeing the final story end, where sargeras or N'Zoth die. As like not doing world quests, but also not getting allied races or flying.

I think, blizzard should get rid of that design paradigm, and allow every playstyle to see the lore. Also, world quests should not be the only option to gain reputation on factions, and should not lock the complete faction lore behind daily chores.

To actually achieve that goal, the game should be changed this ways:

1.) Dungeons and raids are content available to solo players, premade groups and matchmade groups
    2.) Reputation time gates are being removed, and you can get reputation by doing different tasks, be it dungeon runs, raid runs, or playing pvp for the specific faction
    3.) Any kind of drops, be it mounts, items, item upgrades are available from vendors for currencies you get from different sources, including questing, dungeons, raids, pvp and world events. The amount of currency you receive is partly rng and partly based on the skill needed to beat the opponent.
    4.) Bosses, be it world- or dungeon- or raid-bosses, only will drop gear upgrade items and currencies, neither sets nor items.
    5.) Flying should be obtainable once you explored new zones and invest a small gold amount into it. Account wide.
    6.) Allied races should need no faction prerequisites. You just get them unlocked and may play them without any kind of grind. Leveling is grind enough
    7.) World quests get updates every month. Factions need at least 50 different quests at start, and not as like with the tortollians only 3 quests where people burn out fast.
    8.) PVP should be available against AI opponents per default, if you chose to, or whenever there are not enough players available (as like in low level)
    9.) Avoiding large queue times is a major design goal for upcoming matchmaking systems (as like filling up dungeon or LFR queues with AI units, or just tuning them down to the available number of players.

That should make the gameplay way more diversified, and you would not have to chose gameplay based on the reward you would like, but just based on what you like to play. Grouping up would be completely optional, yet still be available for those who want to play it.

1. LFD/LFR/LFG isnt that SOLO?
    2. Yes
    3. Sure smth like Justice/Valor system
    4. No. Why?
    5. Yes!
    6. No its ok but rep farming with time gates is just bullshit for me.
    7. I dont think so. WQ are ok.
    8. PVP vs AI isnt PVP >< (player versus player???!!!)
    9. Not needed i think actually

me thinks you should just find a solo RPG to play

Oh look, its this guy again, where is my infraction for stating the obvious.

TLDR: I want to play a different game in the World of Warcraft engine.

3+ Year Old Account
    The only option you currently have is to skip main features, which means, you also skip major parts of the content. As like not going on raids, but also not seeing the final story end, where sargeras or N'Zoth die. As like not doing world quests, but also not getting allied races or flying.

I think, blizzard should get rid of that design paradigm, and allow every playstyle to see the lore. Also, world quests should not be the only option to gain reputation on factions, and should not lock the complete faction lore behind daily chores.

To actually achieve that goal, the game should be changed this ways:

That should make the gameplay way more diversified, and you would not have to chose gameplay based on the reward you would like, but just based on what you like to play. Grouping up would be completely optional, yet still be available for those who want to play it.
    MMO-C, the new yelp review site where people blog about their poor choices and how they wish the world would change to make these poor choices good for them instead of just finding on their own what is good for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many of your "ideas" are just lol make it a currency, i dont like 2% dropchances.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2019-07-26 at 01:48 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..