View Poll Results: Would you like to see a Tinker class added to the game?

Voters
274. This poll is closed
  • Yes

135 49.27%
  • No

102 37.23%
  • I don't care

37 13.50%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think a Tinker class could really work. It would allow for a ranged, melee, and even tank build quite easily. It would work with the lore, and wouldn't be really close to the other classes, like a (dark) ranger would be. Let it drop turrets for a ranged class, and also be able to slink into melee with different attacks. Give it a flamethrower, give it a power fist. If you want to make it a tank, then literally make it a damn tank. Hell, you could even make part of the class specialization that it takes random armor drops, and mods them into machine parts, instead.

Honestly, the possibilities are nearly limitless. It's just a matter of how much imagination and creativity Blizzard has. That's the part that worries me, because I think they will make it bland as hell if they do it.

5+ Year Old Account
    As long as it's not limited to gnomes and goblins.

Would like Orcs with Iron Horde tech, Blood Elves with arcane golem stuff, Dwarves with steam tech, Undead with plague tech, Draenei with crystal stuff, etc.

Obviously all would be skins like different races having different druid forms.
    Kupo.

Nah I'm good on this class... Cool idea but too much of Engineer vides frm GW2 for me

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Please no more new classes. Fix existing ones first.
    Fix which ones? Fix how?

This reminds me of relatives who say, "My computer doesn't work right. Fix it.", which means absolutely nothing.

We each have different ideas of what is broken and, thus, what needs to be fixed. Some think Ele Shamans are horribly broken, while others like them this way, etc, etc, etc.

I personally think WoW as an overall playing style is largely broken by virtue of constant motion which de-emphasizes strategy and emphasizes memorization. I'm not interested in playing their hybrid-kind-of-action-RPG style game...I prefer games that emphasize thought over keyboard smashing (not that WoW was ever perfect in this regard, but it used to be *much* better about it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    Nah I'm good on this class... Cool idea but too much of Engineer vides frm GW2 for me
    Engineer from GW2 doesn't ride a mech.

No need to add more shit to the pile. Fix the existing specs and focus on keeping them good afterwards.

Tinker is practically one of the only things left from previous warcraft games that isn't in the game yet so it's naturally going to be a common denominator in fake leaks, especially considering mechagon.

That said, i would absolutely love a tinker class, it has potential to be a cooky engineering 4 spec class like druid if it is goblin / gnome only using the "backpack" as a way to morph into each role.

Tank spec:
    Did someone ask for a tank? how about a literal tank!
    you could have the tank spec be a standard mech suit and the "literal tank" is a cooldown

Melee spec:
    you could have the grabber arms theme and include the goblin sapper theme from rts (without the suicide part of course),
    hell you could even have one of the grabbers actually be the main hand weapon you have equipped and the offhand is held by a 3rd or 4th little grabber like this

Range spec:
    Missiles, lazers, bombs, turrets
    Healer :
    Healing grenades, sprays, bandage guns, stimpack injectors

The actual tinker class has almost infinite potential design wise if it were to go in the game, the melee, tank and ranged images above are direct results from the tinker class in WC3, the healer is ofcourse morales from SC/HotS but we do have stuff in game like the bandage gun and the WC3 goblin alchemists healing spray could be used.

A new class really needs to be mail, tinker can easily fill this niche, we kinda need a new class to have tank and healer options, tinker can easily fill this niche, and ofcourse dps specs are pretty simple, rockets, bombs, lazers and more explosions ezpz, you COULD have it even use guns but i don't think it's the most practicable since crossbows and bows are a bit odd for a tinker and locking only guns would be a bit strange but hey you never know.
    Last edited by Yes but actually no; 2019-07-26 at 01:26 PM.

Not ever gonna happen, retards.

Tinker is a PROFESSION, not a class.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Next expansion about old gods and DEATH, so i am for DARK RANGER (by Silvy) or NECROMANCER (by Kel'thuzad).
    Leave Tinker for some ....... techno-punk expansion.
    This is exactly why they're introducing the groundwork for a tinker in THIS expansion because you're right it doesn't fit in the next one. Also as far as Dark Ranger goes, I feel like if they did add Dark Ranger it would be more as a Hunter spec than a full class all it's own. Necromancer is a different beast, but we can't deny the similarities towards how Unholy DK raises and uses very death and decay themed abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post

This said as we get a big insight into potential specs brought on by each faction having an island expedition team showing potential tinker abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post

A profession is for creating items for sale.

A class is for fighting monsters/demons/etc. and leading parties with definitive damage, support, and utility abilities.

When fighting Mekkatorque in Dazar'alor, or with Gazlowe's Greasemonkeys you're not fighting against a profession, you're fighting against a class with support, damage, and utility abilities.

No. Shitty class. I would rather have Dragonsworn. It's perfect for the fantasy game WoW is.

as long as it's not another melee dps
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    No. Shitty class. I would rather have Dragonsworn. It's perfect for the fantasy game WoW is.
    That's a strange argument to make considering that we have characters in the game currently who could easily be considered Tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    This is exactly why they're introducing the groundwork for a tinker in THIS expansion because you're right it doesn't fit in the next one. Also as far as Dark Ranger goes, I feel like if they did add Dark Ranger it would be more as a Hunter spec than a full class all it's own. Necromancer is a different beast, but we can't deny the similarities towards how Unholy DK raises and uses very death and decay themed abilities.
    I feel like Necro would also be similar to how Demo currently is, but with undead instead of demons. That being said, it would be cool if they added a glyph where demons in Demo spec are ghouls/undead instead (if they couldn't find a good way to make it it's own class).
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

O hell ye xd

Waste of development time, Tinker would just add more busywork to class designer every patch when they dont even have the time to fix Enhance and Vengeance in the beta.

Especially now that they have way less Q&A team than ever, new class is just a wishful thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    Waste of development time, Tinker would just add more busywork to class designer every patch when they dont even have the time to fix Enhance and Vengeance in the beta.

Especially now that they have way less Q&A team than ever, new class is just a wishful thinking.
    There's going to be a new class next expansion, the only real question is what that class is going to be. Arguments that Blizzard isn't going to bring a new class into the game after almost 4 years is just silly talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    No need to add more shit to the pile. Fix the existing specs and focus on keeping them good afterwards.
    Everyone keeps saying that......hasnt Blizzard been "fixing" the classes and specs every expansion??? Hows that working out

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    There's going to be a new class next expansion, the only real question is what that class is going to be. Arguments that Blizzard isn't going to bring a new class into the game after almost 4 years is just silly talk.
    There wont be, mark my word.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Everyone keeps saying that......hasnt Blizzard been "fixing" the classes and specs every expansion??? Hows that working out
    They could fire the people that created Warfronts and Island Expeditions and use the money to hire more people for the class design team (and maybe get some competent employees).