Thread: Rogue or Mage

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by toffmcsoft View Post
    Who care about pve rotations... Classic isn't about raiding it's about outdoor real world interactions with the opposing faction.
    PvP was an afterthought. WoW is a pve game, don't delude yourself otherwise.

Feel free to enjoy w/e you want.

My main is going to be a druid, but going to roll a mage or rogue alt. Currently leaning toward rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    From what I read here you're in for a rough awakening A chainpullled sub 1h MC run will be the norm for most guilds, at least the healthstone fetish of your old leader will never see the light of day in classic, that's for sure.
    You sound like someone who’s in for a rough awakening. Private servers ain’t Classic. You’re not gonna be able to world buff stack or count on the large number of stuff the private devs just made up to get you through raids this quickly. Six minute black lotus respawns will be replaced by proper multi-hour respawns, for example.

I know a lot of people think that endless theorycrafting if private servers means people will zoom through Classic, but the two products are not the same.

Rogue has better dps and more fun to play in raids (at least not 1 button class... like mage). Also the gods of outdoor pvp.

Mage is better at leveling and more wanted in dungeons.
    Also Appompyro.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Rogue has better dps and more fun to play in raids (at least not 1 button class... like mage). Also the gods of outdoor pvp.

Mage is better at leveling and more wanted in dungeons.
    Also Appompyro.
    I was thinking sap and poly were about equals.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    You sound like someone who’s in for a rough awakening. Private servers ain’t Classic. You’re not gonna be able to world buff stack or count on the large number of stuff the private devs just made up to get you through raids this quickly. Six minute black lotus respawns will be replaced by proper multi-hour respawns, for example.

I know a lot of people think that endless theorycrafting if private servers means people will zoom through Classic, but the two products are not the same.
    So MC/BWL will be 36 minutes clear instead of 33?
    Damn.

15+ Year Old Account

We had a proper zonebound 1h respawn (dunno where you get the 6min from) even nerfed with 100x more spots since the amount of fixed spots could be camped by multiaccounts too easily. and the black lotus price was ~150g. Another clueless pvt server hater.

If you really think people will get enough time to drink in this day and age in gaming then I dunno what to say. Nothing you brought up changes that for mana regen wise, MC can be seen as a 45min chainpull, and not 20sec bosses.

mage if you wanna get your weekly farm out the way in 10 mins

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Another clueless pvt server hater.
    Private server devs openly admit they had to guess on how a lot of mechanics worked. I’m not sure how pointing that out makes me a private server hater, but somehow I think it’s all in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    So MC/BWL will be 36 minutes clear instead of 33?
    Damn.
    The guild I joined in vanilla had MC/BWL on farm. So much so that literally all the gear for my class was funneled directly to me. We did not wipe once on my first run, neither did we clear in a half hour.

If there's guilds clearing those raids in under an hour each, I would gladly join them. I’m just afraid it isn’t going to end up that way.

Mage rotation is more than just Frostbolt.... sure on any single target you spam that and use CDs if you have them (trinkets/ AP). But across the whole raid, a lot of your damage comes from Arcane Explosion, Cone of Cold, Flame Strike, Fire Blast and Blizzard. Only fire elementals are purely immune to fire in MC. Squeezing in a Fireblast when you don't have time to bolt, and using flame strike in most AOE spots works. (Always drop a flame strike before blizzard channel or AE/ CoC spam.)

mage was probably the most fun class I ever played in pvp though I never played rogue, if your going pvp I think you cant go wrong with either

Private server devs openly admit they had to guess on how a lot of mechanics worked. I’m not sure how pointing that out makes me a private server hater, but somehow I think it’s all in your head.

The guild I joined in vanilla had MC/BWL on farm. So much so that literally all the gear for my class was funneled directly to me. We did not wipe once on my first run, neither did we clear in a half hour.

If there's guilds clearing those raids in under an hour each, I would gladly join them. I’m just afraid it isn’t going to end up that way.
    Of course, those times are server records, usually 1-3 guilds are in contention.
    The rest takes 2h to clear MC or has actual progress nights on Chromaggus

15+ Year Old Account
    Play them both and like my Mage best.
    Just more fantasy to it.