Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If they were once night elves, don't you think they would've told us so by now and their story would involve the sundering?
    But they were not once elves that turned into ankoan after the sundering, so the story related to the sundering in Nazjatar is only about the elves - not the ankoan.

Because that's just what we need, more elves.

They're a derivative of Jinyu, that's it that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    This has nothing to do with us assuming, rather you ignoring information already provided in the game.

The whole point of the quote was to establish the link between jin'yu - who dwell on the land - and this new "race" called ankoan who left the land - that they once lived as jin'yu - and now dwell in the sea.

So when you say "let's have a little fun" but you attempt to disregard actualy information from the game provided, it's hard to take you seriously.

And to be honest you really aren't even speculating. You are more-or-less saying, "hey, you never know dude, could be elves" with your only point being of where they happen to be living.

I guess that means kelfin/gilgoblins aren't really related to regular goblins either.
    You tryin to trigger me?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    If they were once night elves, don't you think they would've told us so by now and their story would involve the sundering?
    But they were not once elves that turned into ankoan after the sundering, so the story related to the sundering in Nazjatar is only about the elves - not the ankoan.
    That's actually a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They literally look just like Jinyu. Do you need a Blizzard Dev to confirm it for you or what?
    do nagas or satyrs look like they were elves ?

do blood elves look anything like trolls ?

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    do nagas or satyrs look like they were elves ?

do blood elves look anything like trolls ?
    So two races, the Ankoan and the Jinyu, look the exact same and are referenced together have nothing to do with each other. Is that what you're saying?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Or a jinyu.
    Or a pandaren.
    Or a Tauren.

As all 3 of those were evolved due to Azeroths blood.
    None of them spent as much time in such close proximity to Azeroth's blood as the Trolls did, even the Tauren who get their evolution from the Well of Eternity, were never allowed near it.

Murlocs who most likely had the most evolutionary change, evolved to have similar bone structure as the Night Elves... but keep in mind the Night Elves were Dark Trolls, who just like the Tauren has 3 fingers but because of their proximity for such a long period of time to the Well, they grew 5 fingers.

The Pandaren, if we're to believe that they are Furbolg's and with the Tauren evolving from Taunka, we don't see such a drastic change, almost as comparable as how the Zandalari evolved. But the Dark Trolls(i think that's the ones) that evolved made a huge drastic change into an entire new race and lost most of their features.

And to add one more, Malfurion and Illidan were considered young at the time of WotA and their age was 5000ish iirc, meaning their race spent many many 1000's of years sitting next to that Well, exposure like no other race has come close to.

Now, I'm sure if those other races continued to get exposure, eventually we'd have Tauren-Elves, Bear-Elves and Fish-Elves xD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    if we stretch, the night elves just barely look like her, since regardless they were trolls, she should look like eonar and other titans, not an elf
    What do you mean "barely look like her?" Is their concept art of her yet, that I haven't seen?

Maybe she will look like them because of the many effects on her that none of them experienced, has altered her to look different. None of them had Old Gods poking them when they were fetuses, none of them had a massive whole ripped into them either. None of them had an Emerald dream overlapping them while they fetuses either.

Take Argus for instance, he looks very differently, even his visible face seems to be flesh-less(metalic... flesh-less).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post

What do you mean "barely look like her?" Is their concept art of her yet, that I haven't seen? .
    no, but because elves are not "natural" just trolls changed by the well, other creatures were chnged by the titan blood too it would be pretentious believe she would resemble elves when for all we know she can resemble taurens who would fit way more

There's no way to think the Ankoan are elves unless you specifically ignore what is said in game and replace your own fantasy in the place of in-game text.

If so, kind of uninspiring. We need some human-like sea people. Naga with potential!

no, but because elves are not "natural" just trolls changed by the well,
    Because Elves are not a natural race, but a race of Trolls who spent 1000's of years in very close proximity to the lifeblood and changed drastically, that actually helps the theory.

Tauren are Taunka who evolved slightly, but were never actually close to any source of Azeroth's lifeblood, nor did they harness it like the Trolls did. Thus their change is slight. The Trolls evolution however, is much more drastic in that their bone structure changes, they now have 5 fingers/toes, lose their tusks and large noses and the regeneration their race is known for. Their lifespans also became so much greater than Malfurion and Illidan were about 5000 years old(considered young) at the time of War of the Ancients.

The next race that probably had the most drastic change was the Murlocs who grew similar bone structures to the Night Elves, yet are completely different races(Murlocs are highborne children during the sundering! jk)

But then there's a completely different race/person to consider. Why does Cenarius have a night Elf upper body? He has no relation to the Trolls, but is the child of Malorne and Elune. Elune is the reason for his upper body, and Malorne for his lower body. Why is Elune's son looking like a Night Elf? why do the grandchildren of Elune look like Night Elves?

2 different races have a similar appearance, a 3rd one shares the Elven bone structure. I think with time, all races besides Titan races(human/dwarf/gnome/etc...) exposed to the same level of Azeroth blood, going further and harnessing it like the Dark Trolls did, will all become Elves but retain some of their original features, like the Night Elves retaining their skill color. Imagine thick elves with some fur and bull horns or some the jinyu becoming those fish elves. Someone I replied to brought up the Pandaren's evolution, we could see Bear Elves.

Maybe Azeroth wont look like a Night Elf, because they retain some of their troll skin color, but I'm sure she's going to look like an Elf regardless since 3 different races are have the same evolutionary appearances. Just slap some elf ears on Eonar and slim her down and there ya go!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If so, kind of uninspiring. We need some human-like sea people. Naga with potential!
    The Kvaldir were successful in killing their mutant children, so no water humans :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Because Elves are not a natural race, but a race of Trolls who spent 1000's of years in very close proximity to the lifeblood and changed drastically, that actually helps the theory.P
    there issn't much "drastically" you change troll hands/feet and face and you have an elf

the regeneration is loa gift, not their race.

its more of if they take a troll and make then look close to a human/titan appearance, so she would look like any other titan and look like a human, that would be the right thing, but she will be an elf because again, lately the devs have a hard on for then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Usually, my brother is prone to elaborate speculation on bare hints, while I usually refrain from such, I did notice the Ankoan sounded like the voices used for the Farondis highborne, night elves as well as some of the high elves.

Had me wonder if these could be elves that some how survived the sundering when the waves crashed down, using some form of magic to adapt themselves.

While shamanistic and warrior like, they do have the manner of an elven noble warrior, that instead has developed a new culture basedon the seas and the elements as befits their new surrounding - one wonders if there is an elf in there somewhere and if they would be revealed as such and form a night elven allied race or customisation once more lore is revealed.
    I thought Jinyus were Murlocs? I

The Kvaldir were successful in killing their mutant children, so no water humans :P
    Damn intolerant Vrykul! Because they didn't want to flipper children, we now have two kinds of water elves!

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    They just reverse naga... N'zoth had to do something with the fish tops and elf bottoms he had left over...
    LOL, cracked me up!!!

OP, no, they are not. there aren't that many voice actors in WoW , deal with it

there issn't much "drastically" you change troll hands/feet and face and you have an elf
    more drastic than the Taunka becoming Tauren or Furbolgs becoming Pandaren. Jinyu are the only other drastic change and it's a bone structure similar to Night Elves.

the regeneration is loa gift, not their race.
    Just went onto Wowpedia, cause I was curious and they seem to disagree with you on this :/
    also

"natural"
    its more of if they take a troll and make then look close to a human/titan appearance, so she would look like any other titan and look like a human, that would be the right thing, but she will be an elf because again, lately the devs have a hard on for then
    Then explain Cenarius and his children.

I get the dislike for Elves, I personally don't care for Night Elves, especially how much they're in the shadow of crappy characters like Tyrande, but her being an Elf over a human could possibly be more like in LotR where Elves are more superior to humans in almost all ways. Azeroth is supposedly the most powerful Titan, maybe she'll look more "superior" by being an elf. Many probably like Elves and want her to be one, I don't like Elves(besides my Demon Hunter) and want her to be like them, but I don't look at Night Elves and think Elves. I think Dark Trolls that were shaped to look like the god they live on and the proof is Cenarius and his children looking just like Night Elves and not being Night Elves... but children of the only true deity on Azeroth(I don't remember where that's said).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Reminds me of that reverse lamia mermaid and harpy from monstergirl quest.
    So, sethrak and arakkoa?
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

7+ Year Old Account
    more drastic than the Taunka becoming Tauren or Furbolgs becoming Pandaren. Jinyu are the only other drastic change and it's a bone structure similar to Night Elves.
    ahve you seens then? its look way more drastic change fulrborg to a pandaren

the point is that the trolls changed to look a bit more like the titans, and the elves are the result, thats don't mean the azeroth titan will look like an elf, and elf have knife ears because trolls had, why the azeroth titans would have it too? we don't see then in any other race

just like other races with the titan influence, start to assume a more "humanoid" appearance, AKA resemble to the titans

Just went onto Wowpedia, cause I was curious and they seem to disagree with you on this :/

i checked out again, and seems they retconed in one of chronicles, but before was a loa thing: "All trolls were blessed by the loa with some regeneration. They could regrow fingers and toes, even if more complex parts like limbs and organs were beyond their abilities." it was one of the reasons why zul'jin eye and arm never grow back, well well, i prefer now anyway, but this is not rly an important point.

I get the dislike for Elves, I personally don't care for Night Elves, especially how much they're in the shadow of crappy characters like Tyrande, but her being an Elf over a human could possibly be more like in LotR where Elves are more superior to humans in almost all ways. Azeroth is supposedly the most powerful Titan, maybe she'll look more "superior" by being an elf.
    yeah fuck, we sure don't need that at all, but like i said, elven characteristic like point years came from trolls not from the titans, she should look like eoanar or i call bullshit and elf bias

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    You tryin to trigger me?
    Implying that something you like isnt a variation of elf triggers you?

I can imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So two races, the Ankoan and the Jinyu, look the exact same and are referenced together have nothing to do with each other. Is that what you're saying?
    the reference means very little. one could argue that in answering jaina they didnt say yes so it means they are not jinyu.

ahve you seens then? its look way more drastic change fulrborg to a pandaren

the point is that the trolls changed to look a bit more like the titans, and the elves are the result, thats don't mean the azeroth titan will look like an elf, and elf have knife ears because trolls had, why the azeroth titans would have it too? we don't see then in any other race

just like other races with the titan influence, start to assume a more "humanoid" appearance, AKA resemble to the titans
    Ears aside, because I do think the Night Elves long ass ears are too ridiculously long as it is(looked up NE and Troll Ears and female trolls have smaller ears), I think Azeroth with have the elegance that is usually with Elves. The male Night Elves body structure seems to be one of the best types, like the "Adonis" body". The Murlocs who aren't going to grow ears anytime soon and their bodies are far from Elven ones, evolved to have the same body structure.

But the one thing that I think hints best that Elune isn't gong to look exactly like Eonar(body type and even ears) is that Cenarius is not a Troll and he and his kin are elves aswell. If Elune(new mobile game is fun AF) is somehow the avatar or child or some other way related to Azeroth, then I think that's very telling. Elune could also be originally a Loa... of the moon, that evolved just like her Dark Troll moon worshiping followers did and that could also be why.

i checked out again, and seems they retconed in one of chronicles, but before was a loa thing: "All trolls were blessed by the loa with some regeneration. They could regrow fingers and toes, even if more complex parts like limbs and organs were beyond their abilities." it was one of the reasons why zul'jin eye and arm never grow back, well well, i prefer now anyway, but this is not rly an important point.
    Whenever there's a retcon, just know that Aquamonkey is somewhere crying
    But yeah I didn't really know much about this, Zul'jin is actually my favorite Troll and I always wanted his arm to grow back.

yeah fuck, we sure don't need that at all, but like i said, elven characteristic like point years came from trolls not from the titans, she should look like eoanar or i call bullshit and elf bias
    Well, I think of Elven superiority from like LotR or Warhammer, even more from MageKnights where the Elves are a long lived race that is quite efficient at all things they do, and humans are more flawed but relatable(except all that potential).
    That said, I think of WoW elves as just Trolls that got lucky. Like any time I think of them or write about them, that reminder in my head pops up "These are just fancy trolls", so I don't think of them in the same way I would of Tolkiens Elves or Warhammer's Elves, they're all just mutants. Since I've been playing TW:Warhammer2, I've wanted the Blood Elves to be more like the High Elves, like Lor'themar being more badass like Tyrion.

With her looking like Eonar, I think an easy reason for her to look more Elven or whatever is that so much has happened to her, like she has an emerald dream overlapping her which could have changed her.

So like I don't really like the Elves we have in game at the moment, I don't see them as Elves, but I think it would kinda be interesting if Azeroth was more Elvish looking(smaller ears obviously) and create her own Titan Forged race of Elves(smaller ears, slightly bulkier but as much as humans) and they saw the imitation races as abominations to cleanse from the world!

But then the begs the question, where do Trolls come from? What if they were created from Azeroth already, but are early stages. Remember how originally Humans evolved from Troggs? What if Trolls(btw look nothing like Trolls from any other fantasy) are actually just proto elves? Well still means Azeroth is an elf

JK I get the dislike for elves, I think it's mostly because Blizzard just sucks at making none-human races and fleshing them out, that a lot of people cringe when more appear. I'd be fine if Azeroth was just a normal Titan, I just need Blizzard to come up with a good reason for why Cenarius and his kids are Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    By the way we know that the Ankoan are deepwater Jinyu and that the Jinyu are murlocs that evolved from contact with the Vale's waters.
    And Murloc's are Highborne Children who were mutated by N'zoth's corruption and abandoned for the new naga children that came later(from eggs)