Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just to trick all streamers on 5 servers. After three days new servers roll out and all streamers will be too committed already to reroll on a new server...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Roll on a RP-pvp server if u want pvp, hopefully less spergs there, and easier to report spergs that are acting like spergs.
    I don't think you'll be safe there either.

In the stress test I already had to put about a dozen people on ignore because of them being retards on /1.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I actually don't hate any of them... just don't want to have their presence affect my experience... seeing someone and their entourage cruising through the game just doesn't fit my fantasy.
    Same ive got a twitch stream usually playing while im gaming but id rather not play on a server with them on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracul Rosu View Post
    I bet those streamers will be able to log even earlier to reserve their names so it will be known by the launch where they will play with their sheep
    Doubtful that will happen

Quote Originally Posted by Enabrann View Post
    That's not enough for 10 Million players
    There won't be 10 Million players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihazpaws View Post
    NA atleast have servers... EU has 2 pvp realms... so yeah....
    That's probably because there are a lot more NA players than EU players.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto is stooopid View Post
    Yeah, I don’t RP, but I’m rolling on a RP server just to avoid things like political arguments in trade.
    Haha... oh man, you should see Argent Dawn EU trade chat. If you think RP server trade chat is somehow better than normal servers you got a rude awakening coming.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Bout what reasonable people expected. 11 in the US timezones. There was never going to be 20+ servers like some irrational people thought. Don't want empty servers like Winterhoof (retail) around after the hype dies.
    More than enough servers. People think there will be ques.......

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I'll be rolling on Bloodsail Buccaneers, so the odds of streamers going there (except to troll in Goldshire) are extremely low. No sweat off my nose.
    Looks like we'll be on the same server (I wanted to go with the RP-PvP option, but the name and server location suck).

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Have you people heard about layering? There will be 20k+ people per realm at launch.
    And that's the classic population for you. But I'm sure you can do a better job as estimating demand than blizzard can
    Have they said that there is still only 1 AH per faction per realm? The AH is gonna be a shitshow with 20k people on a realm. Not that it REALLY matters super early.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    More than enough servers. People think there will be ques.......
    Not at start, but they will need way more then the current planned amount after all is said and done, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    The AH is gonna be a shitshow with 20k people on a realm. Not that it REALLY matters super early.
    How so? Layering seems to nullify any potential problems like resource scarcity or cartels controlling devilsaur leather trade.

For those who want to avoid streamers - just roll PvE.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

What exactly is the problem of streamers being on your realm lol? Like you arent streaming yourself wtf does it matter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Not at start, but they will need way more then the current planned amount after all is said and done, imo.
    Your comment is illogical. Queue times Will be higher when its new. Vanilla servers will be less filled as time goes on, not the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    What exactly is the problem of streamers being on your realm lol? Like you arent streaming yourself wtf does it matter.
    Their followers feed them resources, skewing things like in game economy as they can progress faster and cheaper. Add to that the organised PVP events and the constant spam in channels for people who want to be in the streamers raid/layer/guild and it can be a bit annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder what this suggests blizz is expecting in initial player count - wasn't the rule of thumb in classic PCU 2500, with an assumption of about 10x that many account represented by that pcu?

Here they can go much bigger pcu per server and clearly have stated they plan to with sharding etc (I wonder if there are technical limitations on how many players per server at all now, as long as sharding is in place)

Any word on what datacenter(s) these servers are physically located in? That is more important than time zone for latency.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2019-08-10 at 12:03 AM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Meanwhile, 4chan and some reddit groups are teaming up to gang, screw and fuck with the streamers in their own servers to force blizzard to ban them for doing it.

and its isnt hard to imagine blizzard doing that since they are the their Ad posterboys for classic.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Fans will inevitably roll on these realms and there may be routine "events" that some people may not want to participate in. Personally I could give a fuck but I can see why some people would want to avoid the extra attention.

Classic community already cannibalizing itself and falling apart. Im SHOCKED! I think the best part for me is those of you who honestly think you have a better grasp on player numbers than Blizzard.

Why do people avoid streamer servers?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Fans will inevitably roll on these realms and there may be routine "events" that some people may not want to participate in. Personally I could give a fuck but I can see why some people would want to avoid the extra attention.
    So people complain wow lost any kind of community, blizz announce old school wow that will force community interaction like in the past. GOD DAMNIT I WANNA PLAY ALONE WITHOUT THE COMMUNITY BLIZZARD!

I personally fixed my issue with wow a while ago in FF14 that hitch i missed from vanilla/tbc to known most of the server, have a history with actual players that i will meet over and over and over. Trying to go to wow classic to avoid this social mechanic sounds kinda dumb? Retail is a better optimized solo experience.

So if you are a player that somehow are scared of streamers being on your realm, i personally think that long term classic wow is simply not for you. You will have forced attentions all the time in that version of the game, simply because you are limited to what you can do with no social interactions. This is true of the best mmos, wow kinda lost its way on that part. Thing like FF14 and ESO still have those. In ff14 case, there is queues, but the way the community is setup people highly interact because you are forever leveling. Game forces you to do stuff in low level zones, the style of the game also makes it a highly RP intense game for some. Forcing people to always want to interact with new people. ESO is kinda the same you have to be places in the actual world often.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2019-08-10 at 12:20 AM.