Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    How does it work. I could play Tank and DPS but not Healer.
    I was in a grp of 3 "group rating is too low" when I tried to pick healer.
    I cant see the 3 ratings yet but the data is saved in each season so does it base it on those statistics?

Also the lock seems a bit meh in details. A player picked dps, he clocked 54h on widow and 10h on the other 5 DPS total he have played.
    Needless to say he only played Widows which kinda suck vs 2 shield tanks as well as being unsuitable vs dive DPS. Se he sure as hell screwed the entire team on that loss.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Because no combination of those is actually going to be able to stop pharah/mercy. While a single swap to hitscan would take care of BOTH alone. While we win the ground fight.
    Every fucking time someone posts this I feel a part of my patience permanently die. That isn't the case a majority of the time, because A)most hit-scan DPS players are terrible, B)Pharah has a DPS teammate and and a support teammate on the ground to help them and to make your hitscan life a hell, and C) if the Pharah has any sort of sense on her she will zero in on your hit-scan and take him head-on, likely winning.

It's never as simple as Pharah seeing a hit-scan and immediately capitulating, going 'well I guess me and Mercy will just switch then'.

Too many people demand a hitscan DPS and then do nothing to support that hitscan versus Pharmercy. Fucking infuriating.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Every fucking time someone posts this I feel a part of my patience permanently die. That isn't the case a majority of the time, because A)most hit-scan DPS players are terrible, B)Pharah has a DPS teammate and and a support teammate on the ground to help them and to make your hitscan life a hell, and C) if the Pharah has any sort of sense on her she will zero in on your hit-scan and take him head-on, likely winning.

It's never as simple as Pharah seeing a hit-scan and immediately capitulating, going 'well I guess me and Mercy will just switch then'.

Too many people demand a hitscan DPS and then do nothing to support that hitscan versus Pharmercy. Fucking infuriating.
    Yeah, if she wants to take them head on, she's got to leave her safe position behind enemy lines and come up close because you still be with your team as hitscan. But the Hitscan forces them to be completely shuttered. That's why when pros see the enemy side playing Pharah they swap to Widow or McCree or even fucking Soldier and not "Hey, have the tanks focus it"

Honestly, you just sound like the kind of DPS player who won't switch and then wonders why Pharah just completely controls the game while refusing to play a hitscan.

Because no combination of those is actually going to be able to stop pharah/mercy. While a single swap to hitscan would take care of BOTH alone. While we win the ground fight.
    Expecting a single hitscan to be able to reliably deal with a pharmercy is an interesting point of view, gonna agree to disagree with that. Also gonna disagree that any two of the four I mentioned couldn't provide enough of a threat to make them fuck off, landing a kill on a pharmercy is admittedly harder if the enemy are clever but that's not even necessary, if you can keep them scared you're essentially fighting 4+v4 depending on how you swing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    Expecting a single hitscan to be able to reliably deal with a pharmercy is an interesting point of view, gonna agree to disagree with that. Also gonna disagree that any two of the four I mentioned couldn't provide enough of a threat to make them fuck off, landing a kill on a pharmercy is admittedly harder if the enemy are clever but that's not even necessary, if you can keep them scared you're essentially fighting 4+v4 depending on how you swing it.
    A 4 on 4 without your tank is actually pretty scary when they have theirs there to take damage. And yeah, I disagree, a single hitscan is normally enough to ground Mercy. That's why pros switch to them whenever a Mercy appears.

when pros see the enemy side playing Pharah they swap to Widow or McCree or even fucking Soldier
    Ah, I understand now, you play with pros that can one or two tap Pharahs to death, so why is this even a problem for you?

p.s. ladder players aren't that good and shouldn't be expected to be

Honestly, you just sound like the kind of DPS player who won't switch and then wonders why Pharah just completely controls the game while refusing to play a hitscan.
    You sound like that mouthbreathing Zarya player who screams for a hitscan yet doesn't have the thought of bubbling that hitscan DPS from an enemy Pharah breaking him down.

pros
    We're talking about ladder, buddy. You can't single handedly take down a Pharmercy, don't expect your teammates to do so. It's wildly unreasonable to apply pro-level reasoning to ladder games.

Noticed the dps has been alot more shite than previously. I play mostly tank or healer.

Ah, I understand now, you play with pros that can one or two tap Pharahs to death, so why is this even a problem for you?

p.s. ladder players aren't that good and shouldn't be expected to be
    They should be expected to be decent and at least have some basic understanding. Like hitscan beats Pharah.

We're talking about ladder, buddy. You can't single handedly take down a Pharmercy, don't expect your teammates to do so. It's wildly unreasonable to apply pro-level reasoning to ladder games.
    Please see above response.

it feels like i can carry on my role, tank with all golds and winning even if my dps suck, but you feel like you have alot more control , you still get some unwinnable games but they arent as tilting as before

They should be expected to be decent and at least have some basic understanding.
    They're as decent as you, given the whole SR thing.

Great, then they should be able to understand you get a hitscan against Pharah.

Then you should also understand that, hey, maybe you should support your hit-scan against the Pharah.

Then you should also understand that, hey, maybe you should support your hit-scan against the Pharah.
    I would, BUT THERE ISN'T ONE!

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    That's not how that works.

Same SR as me. 3 people chasing me, mercy stops to shoot my turrets and for some reason torb does something and then starts building a turret while I kill them.

Same SR as me. They insisted on going the stairs all game and completely ignored that I'm standing there shooting them.

Wildly different skill level.

There is no way I would even lose 1v1 as Mccree vs sym in that situation, it would be downright impossible to lose 3v1 but they still managed to do it.

I would never try to go stairs like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Hit scan isn't some magical counter against pharah, especially not if she's got support herself. Only counter is if you play widowmaker and can reliably headshot her. They just stand a better chance at fighting back than heroes that aren't hit scan. Counter is like reaper vs winston or mei vs hammond, no such thing exists against pharah. They really should implement something that is what reaper is vs winston and mei is vs hammond for vs pharah.

Pharah is one of the heroes hero in the game which requires you to swap your roster to play vs her. To reliably fight her off as hit scan unless you're really good at widowmaker you need zenyatta to orb her, mercy to damage boost you or ana to help shooting her as well. Bastion is the other one. Both are lame as hell.
    Last edited by Empte; 2019-08-15 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Empte View Post
    snip
    Lol I can't believe you just tried to convince me that you're better than everyone at your SR by showing two tiny clips. You are not better than everyone else at your SR, if you were, your SR would be higher. If only I had a clip of you doing dumb shit to compare against the teammates making good plays, I could make the entire opposite argument!

But anyway, thank you for demonstrating you are entirely not worth arguing with, good day.

- - - Updated - - -

And you should be able to understand that what you think is the best decision, isn't, and that even if it is, your teammates may not make that decision. It then follows that you should have contingency plans to pick up the slack if you need to.

Either that, or bitch about your teammates and take no responsibility for your losses, but I can't imagine that's particularly productive.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    You are not better than everyone else at your SR, if you were, your SR would be higher.
    That account was at 2400. My other account is at 3100. So, yeah, I am better than them. By far. I don't know why you insist that people who have same SR have same skill level, they clearly don't.

Those are the kind of teammates I get. The guy responding is the enemy genji, I was dominating them as widowmaker, they had no chance but people on my team is just flaming me "for being bad", completely unaware what's going on. Got 40 points for the win. Another game I got 48 points for the win with soldier. Clearly I should be at that rating, yeah?

People constantly whine I'm smurfing when I'm playing that account, do you think that's because I'm on the same skill level as them? No. I've had people call me out when they've been smurfing "You guys have the better the smurf", "this mccree never misses" "wtf, 55% accuracy mccree? why are you here?" and they've been mid-diamond/master smurfs.

With that accuracy, do you think I should be faced off against gold people who can't even hit me if I'm just jumping around? Roadhogs who can't even kill with hook combo? Reinhardts who doesn't understand that I can flashbang above their shield?

At least role queue fixed a big part of the problem why I didn't go up in rating on that account, 4-5 dps picks so I've been rising in rating now.
    Last edited by Empte; 2019-08-15 at 12:11 PM.

I think 2-2-2 lock is pretty nice.

It's going to be easy to pinpoint the exact moment that the game died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I think 2-2-2 lock is pretty nice.

It's going to be easy to pinpoint the exact moment that the game died.
    I don't think it makes the game better, but I don't feel at this point that it makes the game so much worse as to be a game killer. Most games in comp were 2-2-2 anyway, and most of the bad things that are happening happened before anyway, so for the most part it feels little different in all honesty. There is the frustration of feeling that you're not in such a strong position to make switches to make things better anymore, and a couple of new frustrations, but on the other hand it has fixed a couple of things.

The trade-off isn't I feel worth it at this point, but I can probably get used to it.