Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toro S View Post
    I've been out of this pond for a while my people, and came back drawn by the Classic news and temporary boredom.

No, I'm not interested in Classic one bit.

But I'm curious why people are talking about Tinkers so much - lots of threads by the looks of it, etc...

Was there some expansion leak that I've missed or something?

Cheers
    Players are expecting a new class in 9.0 and it seems like tinkers are most likely gonna be that, because they're pretty unique (unlike other ideas which are mostly just flavours of existing classes like Dark Rangers and Necromancers) and because Blizz was kinda hinting at them. The engineering profession has kinda went back to being mostly a profession where you craft goggles and stuff for hunters and the island expeditions enemy teams feature Tinkers, which is pretty odd, because all of the other enemies "play" playable classes (although some of these other enemies do also have unique spells).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    People understandably want Tinker as a class, and a few are vocal about it and constantly make threads about them.

Chances of us getting Tinker is really based on the next expansion. There unfortunately isn't any kind of foreshadowing about a massive Mechagnome city or that Mechagon was somehow involved with old gods. The main story is headed directly to a showdown with death.

The realistic chances of getting a Tinker class in the upcoming expansions theme is pretty close to zero.

I'd put my money on an unknown class, but something aligned with Troll lore, Witch Doctors, Hexxers, and Shadow Hunters.

We've been dealing heavily with that lore, which is unknown to the majority of the playerbase because it was pretty much Troll specific.
    The last thing Blizzard will add to the main storyline in 9.0 is more troll stuff just after they've added an entire troll continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    It all sounds like stretching, it's a subplot at best, not enough to hang the reason for a class introduction.

Dk are a classic group to pull from. They were instrumental in the entire expansion plot, from revealing arthas' weakening power, to being a main force behind his downfall.

Monk are pulled directly from pandaren story, their introduction is tied directly to the pandaren introduction and their conflict with the mogu.

DH again major part of illidan and the legion and they took center stage all expansion.

So unless the next expansion is a gnome/goblin expansion, tinker it left out completely. If anything the inclusion of a tinker in island expeditions is just a subtle nod at the fan base that they hear you, but this isn't really a class and probably never will be.
    Timeless Isle was a subplot as well. Turned out to be a major part of the expansion following MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Wrong. He's labled as an engineer.
    He has the Tinker abilities and model, his name is also one that can show up for the Tinker hero from the tavern in melee play.

I know you've concocted some crazy restriction that if it's not canon it doesn't count, but we have Monk, when the unit and character in the campaign is called Brewmaster and the units appearance in the campaign is a hidden easter egg and not canon, so I'm not sure why you think this is a valid argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    And what are talking about here? Goblins or Tinkers?
    You mockingly mentioned Firelord when I mentioned that the Tinker was a Neutral hero unit from WC3. I was pointing out that unlike Firelords and Fire Elementals, Goblins are actually a playable race, further facilitating a class based on the Goblin Tinker hero unit.

I understand that very well but do you understand that pandarens and monks were and are far more popular than Tinkers? You can also pull Firelord as a class from that list but you won't because Tinkers make sense Firelords do not. Go figure.
    Based on what exactly? There's more Goblin and Gnome players on the horde or alliance than Pandaren players. Also in every poll I've seen, Tinkers beat out every other potential class by a healthy margin. So, outside of your personal bias, where are you getting your info from?

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Warcraft III: Reforged , confirmed to have Dark Ranger unit on Night Elven side.(I hope )

Lets say its another rock into tinker garden.

Oh DarkLady we ready to serve.
    dark ranger is set up pretty well in bfa. they were raised on alliance side with nelves and even humans like nathanos are dark rangers. horde side can have elves and forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not canon.
    Gazlowe being a technical/mechanical whiz who pilots a mecha is definitely canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not wc1-3 canon. Keep up.
    Wouldn't Gazlowe being a technical/mechanical whiz in WoW mean that he was also a technical/mechanical whiz in WC3?

7+ Year Old Account
    On the forums its talked about alot since Kids love "Mecha-powerrangers-classes" real people with real Lore insight knows that Dark Rangers or Nercormacers would be way better for the game and would fit 10 times more for the universe.

1. We know about Gazlow in Heroes of the storm... and Mechatorque in World of Warcraft... but those are super unique exeptions... having a class to every player that can run around in a mecha suit and do stuff like enginnering can allready do... just feels wrong and strange...

2. I have read most of the posts about Tinker, "Sure its sounds cool on paper" but ingame... and in Lore... it does not fit warcraft.

3. yeah, Mechagon and the island have alot of mecha updated stuff... but more then signs for an incomming tinker class I see it as a sign of an Azeroth recamp where blizzard will dubble down on the race capitol cities, SPecialy Gnomregan... just think about it... with the Forsaken/Worgen/Night elves... ecc with no capitol citys... it smells World Revamp... THink about using the tech they worked on for Suramar with new cities.
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    On the forums its talked about alot since Kids love "Mecha-powerrangers-classes" real people with real Lore insight knows that Dark Rangers or Nercormacers would be way better for the game and would fit 10 times more for the universe.

1. We know about Gazlow in Heroes of the storm... and Mechatorque in World of Warcraft... but those are super unique exeptions... having a class to every player that can run around in a mecha suit and do stuff like enginnering can allready do... just feels wrong and strange...

2. I have read most of the posts about Tinker, "Sure its sounds cool on paper" but ingame... and in Lore... it does not fit warcraft.

3. yeah, Mechagon and the island have alot of mecha updated stuff... but more then signs for an incomming tinker class I see it as a sign of an Azeroth recamp where blizzard will dubble down on the race capitol cities, SPecialy Gnomregan... just think about it... with the Forsaken/Worgen/Night elves... ecc with no capitol citys... it smells World Revamp... THink about using the tech they worked on for Suramar with new cities.
    Uh, piloting mechs is extremely common among gnomes and goblins, and is shown throughout the lore. In addition, Mekkatorque is far from the only Goblin or Gnome character to be shown riding a mech in WoW.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-08-15 at 12:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, piloting mechs is extremely common among gnomes and goblins, and is shown throughout the lore. In addition, Mekkatorque is far from the only Goblin or Gnome character to be shown riding a mech in WoW.
    My point was that everyone and anyone can use those mechs... its like a car... you can't make a World of Warcraft class based on a Mount... or Car...
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    My point was that everyone and anyone can use those mechs... its like a car... you can't make a World of Warcraft class based on a Mount... or Car...
    Yeah, mounts aren’t lore-based, it’s just a player customization option. Outiside of a few specific missions, almost all races avoid mechs. Only Gnomes, Goblins, and LF Draenei are shown to build and ride mechs in lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, mounts aren’t lore-based, it’s just a player customization option. Outiside of a few specific missions, almost all races avoid mechs. Only Gnomes, Goblins, and LF Draenei are shown to build and ride mechs in lore.
    I see your point... and I understand if you want it.

But I stand on my ideas and view points, to me giviing players A Tinker class is just wrong and does not fit World of Warcraft at all.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    I see your point... and I understand if you want it.

But I stand on my ideas and view points, to me giviing players A Tinker class is just wrong and does not fit World of Warcraft at all.
    But that's just an opinion. The fact of the matter is that we see several Goblins and Gnomes in lore piloting mechs throughout the game. So to say that it doesn't fit WoW when it's clearly a part of WoW's story and game world is a pretty odd argument to make. You'd be better off simply saying that YOU personally don't like the idea.

7+ Year Old Account
    But that's just an opinion. The fact of the matter is that we see several Goblins and Gnomes in lore piloting mechs throughout the game. So to say that it doesn't fit WoW when it's clearly a part of WoW's story and game world is a pretty odd argument to make. You'd be better off simply saying that YOU personally don't like the idea.
    1. A Class is based on something with deep and interesting, like Necromancers or Dark Rangers "magic" close to every Class we have is based from the 6 Core pillars of the periodic Warcraft table (yes I know warriors are outside the circle, but again what is a RPG with no warriors "and it fits").

2. But inserting into a Medeviel time fantasy magic world... a Class which is based out of 2 professions "alchemy and Enginners" just feels wrong...

3. Yes there are Goblin Mechs and Gnome Mechs... but those only exists since those 2 races are Short...
    Example: in the real word we Humans... are a very Fragile and pathetic creature... we do not have fangs... we do not have "Cat reflexes" or huge talons... we do not have great speed... Ecc... that is why we as humans use our brain to invent things that could be an extention of our selfs.

So Gnomes and Goblins are very similar to us in that way...

4. There are Mechs and many other Mechanical things around... but those are just used for practical things... there are even quests that involves us Driving one, with rockets and other stuff... that is fun an all... but that has to be something short since we are playeing an RPG that is suppose to be in the Medeviel times and with magic.

5. The Demon Hunter fit very well in legion... and it fits that only 2 races can be it... but doing all that job just for a new class that only Gnomes and Goblins can be... that is alot of waist of time to me. (Yeah Dreanai use the Light forged mechs... those are an exeption, since if we go way to deep into ideas like this.. we just start playing Star Craft insted of Warcraft).

6. stuff like a thinker class fits Alchemy and Enginnering.. it just be integrated into those 2 profession and then players can choose them selfs to pick those professions to spice up their current class...
    just think about it... as of now Professions are very balanced and booring... if they did it like this... they could get very intereting.

7. and again... if they made Tinker... what would happen to Alchemy and Engineering?
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    1. A Class is based on something with deep and interesting, like Necromancers or Dark Rangers "magic" close to every Class we have is based from the 6 Core pillars of the periodic Warcraft table (yes I know warriors are outside the circle, but again what is a RPG with no warriors "and it fits").

2. But inserting into a Medeviel time fantasy magic world... a Class which is based out of 2 professions "alchemy and Enginners" just feels wrong...

3. Yes there are Goblin Mechs and Gnome Mechs... but those only exists since those 2 races are Short...
    Example: in the real word we Humans... are a very Fragile and pathetic creature... we do not have fangs... we do not have "Cat reflexes" or huge talons... we do not have great speed... Ecc... that is why we as humans use our brain to invent things that could be an extention of our selfs.

4. There are Mechs and many other Mechanical things around... but those are just used for practical things... there are even quests that involves us Driving one, with rockets and other stuff... that is fun an all... but that has to be something short since we are playeing an RPG that is suppose to be in the Medeviel times and with magic.

5. The Demon Hunter fit very well in legion... and it fits that only 2 races can be it... but doing all that job just for a new class that only Gnomes and Goblins can be... that is alot of waist of time to me. (Yeah Dreanai use the Light forged mechs... those are an exeption, since if we go way to deep into ideas like this.. we just start playing Star Craft insted of Warcraft).

6. stuff like a thinker class fits Alchemy and Enginnering.. it just be integrated into those 2 profession and then players can choose them selfs to pick those professions to spice up their current class...
    just think about it... as of now Professions are very balanced and booring... if they did it like this... they could get very intereting.

7. and again... if they made Tinker... what would happen to Alchemy and Engineering?
    1.This is more of your opinion. Just because you don't view Tinkers as deep or as interesting as DRs or Necromancers doesn't mean that they aren't deep and interesting to other people.

2.Blizzard has already inserted the Tinker concept into a medieval fantasy world. In addition, if you feel that a Gnome or a Goblin driving a robot suit is out of place, you must despise Draenei and the Legion riding in on space ships, or anything to do with the Titans and their technology. Also, the Tinker concept is not based on the professions, it's based on the Tinker hero from WC3 and HotS like the other expansion classes.

3.That's true, but that only makes the class more viable because Goblins and Gnomes are playable races who are missing a vital part of their racial lore (piloting mechs to compensate for their lack of physical strength).

4. They're also used for shooting demons in the face:

5.This is just more of your personal opinion. I appreciate you sharing it, but that's really all it is.

6. Which is why it will never be a part of the professions. Professions have to be balanced just like classes, and a profession that allows you to mow people down in a robot suit would be grossly imbalanced and make everyone spec into it over the other professions. This is why Engineering and Alchemy's main purpose is to craft trinkets for people to sell.

7. Both professions would be enhanced, since it would give another class for them to sell items to. Engineering would definitely get a boost since Tinker players would no doubt take up the Engineering profession for more immersion. Hell, Blizzard could even give Tinker players a bonus in Engineering just to sweeten the pot. Professions and Classes don't compete with each other, so the notion that a class entering the game based on technology would harm a technology based profession is complete nonsense.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2019-08-15 at 01:05 PM.

1) What's not interesting in smashing enemy's faces in a huge mecha-suit?
    2) Warcraft universe was not "Medeviel time fantasy magic world" ever since WCII. WCIII already had steampunk elements and in Legion we literally flew around on spaceships.
    3) Did you forget Lightforged mechs? There are plenty of races except gnomes and goblins who showed aptitude towards engineering.
    4) See p.2. Warcraft dropped "pure fantasy" theme 20 years ago.
    5) See p.2 again.
    6) So you want unblanaced professions? Like in WotLK when everyone was going BS/JC for extra sockets with OP gems?
    7) Why would anything happen to them? Professions are about making things for other people. Classes are about thing you do yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Warcraft III: Reforged , confirmed to have Dark Ranger unit on Night Elven side.(I hope )

Lets say its another rock into tinker garden.

Oh DarkLady we ready to serve.
    Oh boy! Hoping Dark Ranger becomes real.

7+ Year Old Account
    1.This is more of your opinion. Just because you don't view Tinkers as deep or as interesting as DRs or Necromancers doesn't mean that they aren't deep and interesting to other people.

2.Blizzard has already inserted the Tinker concept into a medieval fantasy world. In addition, if you feel that a Gnome or a Goblin driving a robot suit is out of place, you must despise Draenei and the Legion riding in on space ships, or anything to do with the Titans and their technology. Also, the Tinker concept is not based on the professions, it's based on the Tinker hero from WC3 and HotS like the other expansion classes.

3.That's true, but that only makes the class more viable because Goblins and Gnomes are playable races who are missing a vital part of their racial lore (piloting mechs to compensate for their lack of physical strength).

4. They're also used for shooting demons in the face:

5.This is just more of your personal opinion. I appreciate you sharing it, but that's really all it is.

6. Which is why it will never be a part of the professions. Professions have to be balanced just like classes, and a profession that allows you to mow people down in a robot suit would be grossly imbalanced and make everyone spec into it over the other professions. This is why Engineering and Alchemy's main purpose is to craft trinkets for people to sell.

7. Both professions would be enhanced, since it would give another class for them to sell items to. Engineering would definitely get a boost since Tinker players would no doubt take up the Engineering profession for more immersion. Hell, Blizzard could even give Tinker players a bonus in Engineering just to sweeten the pot. Professions and Classes don't compete with each other, so the notion that a class entering the game based on technology would harm a technology based profession is complete nonsense.
    We are just 2 peopple who are way to far appart in the same argument, lets just agree to disagree, to me a Tinker class pointless and useless, you think it would be a God sent... lets see what 9.0 bring

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LorDC View Post
    1) What's not interesting in smashing enemy's faces in a huge mecha-suit?
    2) Warcraft universe was not "Medeviel time fantasy magic world" ever since WCII. WCIII already had steampunk elements and in Legion we literally flew around on spaceships.
    3) Did you forget Lightforged mechs? There are plenty of races except gnomes and goblins who showed aptitude towards engineering.
    4) See p.2. Warcraft dropped "pure fantasy" theme 20 years ago.
    5) See p.2 again.
    6) So you want unblanaced professions? Like in WotLK when everyone was going BS/JC for extra sockets with OP gems?
    7) Why would anything happen to them? Professions are about making things for other people. Classes are about thing you do yourself.
    Again, you just miss every point I tried to make... lets just agree to disagree
    -

We are just 2 peopple who are way to far appart in the same argument, lets just agree to disagree, to me a Tinker class pointless and useless, you think it would be a God sent... lets see what 9.0 bring

- - - Updated - - -

Again, you just miss every point I tried to make... lets just agree to disagree
    Well, your point boils down to "I don't like Tinkers". Which is a valid opinion but not a valid base for arguing against possibility of introducing Tinkers in the game.

WoW shows a consistency of alternating between a new race or class between expansions.

- TBC: Race [Blood Elf and Draenai]
    - WotLK: Class [Death Knight]
    - Cata: Race [Worgen and Goblins]
    - MoP: Class [Monk] (And Race: Pandaren)
    - WoD: Race was already added prior, so WoD gave us new models of current races.
    - Legion: Class [Demon Hunter]
    - BfA: Race [Allied races]

So going by this pattern it's a pretty high likelihood the upcoming expansion will have a new class.