Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    I like Golden, I think she will improve the story.
    I had this hope too. Then I read Before the Storm (when it was released before BfA) and changed my mind. It’s one of the worst and most pointless Warcraft novels ever. And to this day it’s absolutely pointless. That little Calia stuff where more is yet to come? Wow.

I like many of her novels but Before the Storm is crap. Maybe it’s not Golden‘s fault though.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I had this hope too. Then I read Before the Storm (when it was released before BfA) and changed my mind. It’s one of the worst and most pointless Warcraft novels ever. And to this day it’s absolutely pointless. That little Calia stuff where more is yet to come? Wow.

I like many of her novels but Before the Storm is crap. Maybe it’s not Golden‘s fault though.
    Either you haven't read the pre-WoD novel with the absolutely misplaced trial rubbish or you have your scale backwards. Compared to that the BfA one at least gives you the backdrop for Arathi, the Saurfang questline and the lead-up for The Burning of Teldrassil. If anything, the character murder that happened in The War of Thorns is the most aggregious crime here, as every character looked worse for it by the end.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    8.2 is horrible. We get two zones with incredibly short storylines hidden behind endless grind.
    MMorpgs are about grinds so they got it right finally!

Now that classic goes life, blizzard should probably ask their hardcore players to go there and cater modern wow to normal players. Which includes an open world which is fun and not just chores.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Oh wait no, I just couldn't let that pass. World quests are not the same as they were in Legion. Two things: first of all they can be completely and totally ignored. As opposed to legion where you had to do emissaries as they were source of legendaries. Second: Now they are waste of time for someone geared up to the teeth - and that's how it's suppose to be. There is literally no world quest worth my time as there are multiple better faster and more efficient options.
    Emissaries are one of the most efficient sources of AP. That's a pretty good reason to do them. I do about the same amount of World Quests right now as I did in Legion, and I used to do them in Legion for AP as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    I really think there's a lot more than meets the eye for Sylvanas. It's no coincidence that she sent Nathanos over Nazjatar with Xal'atoth. Just because they're not spoon feeding us all the information that Sylvanas is keeping secret from everyone (include the players!) doesn't mean she's not acting on that information.

She obviously has been witness to something quite terrible and has reacted in a manner similar to Sargeras (killing the world to save the world!). It's also obvious that we're going to find out soon.

Also, the Faction Conflict of BFA was obviously designed (from the very start) to eliminate the factions in the next expansion. New factions will arise (pro/anti Old God) but Alliance/Horde will finally be settled (although, as Pyromancer and Accolonn say, this is prue speculation and could be total BS!).
    I meant us, not Sylvanas. We would have all the reason to shank her but no, we just nod like what she orders was a good idea, despite it working directly against what should be done considering we are pretty aware of the void threat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Now that classic goes life, blizzard should probably ask their hardcore players to go there and cater modern wow to normal players. Which includes an open world which is fun and not just chores.
    As a hardcore raider I dont plan to even piss towards classic

I think it's good. Not the best we've had, but an honestly good expansion all around. Has some rough edges which were sorted out with the patches (and some still need to be fixed) but I've seen way worse.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Because:

- Island expeditions are terrible
    - Warfronts are terrible
    - The story is godawful
    - The Azerite armor system is bland and not compelling
    - Zone design was lackluster for most zones
    - Specs were gutted and play terribly
    - Gated grinds are the new normal
    - There just isn't anything exciting happening in game
    Winner answer listed right there otherwise people are "pretending" to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    Emissaries are one of the most efficient sources of AP. That's a pretty good reason to do them. I do about the same amount of World Quests right now as I did in Legion, and I used to do them in Legion for AP as well.
    But you have the alternative of island expeditions, good team can make them under 5 minutes and each gives you 450. If your goal is azerite then yeah you can do the one that awards 3k, but even then, you can just ignore it. There is no grand rewards like legendaries from these.

I am still subbed since BFA start, never happened in MoP, WoD or Legion. So I would say it's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Either you haven't read the pre-WoD novel with the absolutely misplaced trial rubbish or you have your scale backwards. Compared to that the BfA one at least gives you the backdrop for Arathi, the Saurfang questline and the lead-up for The Burning of Teldrassil. If anything, the character murder that happened in The War of Thorns is the most aggregious crime here, as every character looked worse for it by the end.
    If I remember correctly neither the Saurfang nor the Teldrassil plots were part of Before the Storm. Before the Storm was both factions explore Azerite and the Arathi Basin meeting of Humans and Forsaken. And due to that the book was superfluous in every regard. It felt pointless. Like the entirety of BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree about Legion. Fantastic expansion. BfA feels like Legion "Lite" to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Once again, subjective. Classes now are a lot more fun than they were in Vanilla and TBC.
    I said classes played terribly in terms of mechanical issues, bugs, and scaling, which is objective.

I also said you can find classes playing horribly fun to you, which is subjective, otherwise influenced by feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    Vanilla, recent, and modern WoW has always catered to the casual. Hell, the most well received expansion was one of the most casual friendly in WotLK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Ahh yes, projecting as the usually hater crowd does. I enjoy IEs, I like the concept of WFs, enjoy the heroic a bit more. The story is fine. No different than the rest IMO. Azerite while, not living up to my expectations, is fine. It's no less or better than tier. Just needed more unique abilities at end game IMO. Zone design has been great IMO. Never looked better. Some specs were bad, most were fine. The GCD needed to happen but they went a bit too far with putting too much on it, which the scaled back. Gated grinds have been in the game since TBC, with heroic dungeon only rep gains.

All you said is purely subjective. Same with me. But to have the nerve to call those of us who enjoy the game pretending is trolling at best.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    There is no pretending here been playing from day one of WoW BFA have not stopped one day from logging on yet!
    Last edited by Lurker1; 2019-08-18 at 10:41 PM.

Because:

- Warfronts are terrible
    - The story is godawful
    - They're not as bad to do as they were. I honestly don't mind the 20mins it takes to smash these out for the week.
    - Don't do these, zero gain from them so meh
    - Never really followed the story very much
    - Don't mind it, felt better ever since they introduced the second ring imo.
    - No idea what you mean by this tbh
    - Personally love the way Disc plays which is why i've been playing it non stop since the start of BFA
    - When were they ever not a thing in wow?
    - Very subjective. I'm keeping myself hella busy working my way through the raid which has some great pacing tbh as well as dabbling with my alt druid just clearing heroic and doing keys.

Because:

- Warfronts are terrible
    - The story is godawful
    This, plus:

Server performance is hilarious, you pay money for zones to become completely unplayable when medium scale pvp happens.
    Combat system is ancient and it's boring nature is showing.
    Specs are the biggest reason for most people, gutted down to retarded monkey level with absolutely no fluidity.
    Gearing system is beyond terrible.
    RNG on par with Diablo 3 for warforge/titanforge.
    Gated content that screams desperation for sub extensions is also terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    But its not done. What if the 8.3 raid is bad and it all turns into cata

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    - subjective (but they aren't great)
    - subjective
    - subjective
    - subjective
    - subjective
    - somewhat true for some specs
    - there was like one gated grind so far this expac and like 2 in legion
    - a complete non statement

Everything you've said is completely opinion based for the most part, get real - this might be your opinion on BFA but let's not present things as solid facts when they really aren't.
    Do we REALLY have to explain this to you? The thread is literally asking for peoples opinions - thats the entire point of this thread - if you dont understand that, then why even come in here to post? You just end up looking like a fool.

Why on earth do some people still come to a public discussion forum about a video game, a form of entertainment, and start trying to defend that form of entertainment by bleating on about things being subjective - ITS ENTERTAINMENT, OF COARSE ITS SUBJECTIVE!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I love it how people compare BfA to Vanilla, a 15 year old version of the game.

How about you do a more fair comparison?

Like BfA vs MoP?

Oh because it doesn't suit your narrative that's why.
    A better analogy would be legion. In which case, BfA is far inferior to legion. IMO obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Because:

- Warfronts are terrible
    - The story is godawful
    My personal opinion on this xpac is that legion had it all, and hardly anywhere to go up from there. I still kind of have the feeling that legion was the Swan song of wow. Almost as if they expected legion to be the final xpac. I felt that way when antorus came out too...