Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Nah we can't start with the tech we have now. It's mediocre. Carbon sequestration should be 10x more efficient and cheaper.
    We don't have a choice. You can say it SHOULD be 10x more efficient and cheaper than it is now, but it isn't. And nobody can say on what day it will be, or if even it will be at all. Writing up a plan that relies on carbon sequestration being 10x more efficient and cheaper is a bad plan until the tech exists.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    This is probably like talking to a wall at this point, but climate denialism hasn't doomed us. Accepting that something is happening is very different than actually doing something about it. China accepts that Climate change is happening yet they are exporting coal plants and are among the biggest emmitters. Same with people, reduce your meat intake, throw away your AC and stop driving a car. These are the biggest changes in your life that you can that will actually help, but nooooo: "I have to go work", "Beyond meat is just around the corner and I will stop eating meat" and whatever other garbage people make up to justify their lack of action.
    How about you turn off your computer first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    No need for that scale of meat production without the demand.

And for the record, there is literally not enough water to keep up with the growing demand of meat, so you can shove your best practices elsewhere
    i'll give up my seafood and meat over my dead body. so you can shove your demands elsewhere.

i
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I suggest you pick up a history book your line is old and has been proven wrong time and time again because of technology. I mean look up vertical farming and how it could change production, I know where to shove my best practices but it seems your head is already stuck there.

- - - Updated - - -

Blaming the individual for everything is laughable.
    NED/Mittens is an out and proud neo-lib. ofcourse he will do anything to deflect blame from the biggest polluters.

So when are we dying?

We are propelling ourselves back into an early ice age, and I welcome it.

Hottest July: Has Climate Denialism Doomed Us?
    Yes. We are all going to die someday. Did... did you not get the memo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    Yes. We are all going to die someday. Did... did you not get the memo?
    You don't see the difference between that and the human race getting fucked over?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    We are propelling ourselves back into an I,, tooearly ice age, and I welcome it.
    I, too, do not understand how the climate works.

Oh wait, thats just you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    You don't see the difference between that and the human race getting fucked over?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

You should lean hard on China and India. Those two are the worst polluters and are doing nothing to fight it. The US has lowered its carbon footprint more than any other nation. Still. I am not sure that I buy into climate change. The climate will always change. Also, there is more proof that the carbon dioxide mixture of the atmosphere is a reaction to warming temperature, not the other way around.

I would just like scientists to answer the basic question of, What is the temperature supposed to be? Nobody knows...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    You should lean hard on China and India. Those two are the worst polluters and are doing nothing to fight it. The US has lowered its carbon footprint more than any other nation. Still. I am not sure that I buy into climate change. The climate will always change. Also, there is more proof that the carbon dioxide mixture of the atmosphere is a reaction to warming temperature, not the other way around.
    This is climate change denier nonsense.

India and China both have lower emissions per capita than the USA.
    The USA's efforts only look "good" due to having the highest per-capita emissions in the first place.
    You're using absolute emissions for the first figure, and per-capita for the second, so you're cherry-picking measures to fit your desired conclusion, to boot.
    Anthropogenic climate change has nothing to do with natural climate drift, which is orders of magnitude slower in pace.
    No, there is no "proof" that carbon dioxide percentages in the atmosphere is a "reaction". No evidence at all for that.

I would just like scientists to answer the basic question of, What is the temperature supposed to be? Nobody knows...
    Literally the baseline they're measuring warming against. This was a ridiculous question to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    I, too, do not understand how the climate works.

Oh wait, thats just you.
    I do understand, when the earth gets too hot it creates planet wide cloud formations and storms we ca only imagine that will block a lot of the sun out and cool the planet and then you will get snowfall pretty much everywhere and things will start to freeze. That is how it works, it is a cycle and we sped it up exponentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    The planet will be fine.
    Words from the late George Carlin, "The planet is fine, the people are fucked".

Which is true...

We are fucked already. There is nothing we can do. At all.

We will be having these unusual weathers yearly. But the actual shit probably wont hit the fan until few decades later. I expect to be old by then or dead by old age.

Even if europe and us suddenly somehow switched to less wasteful ways, start using renewable energy sources, ect. There is still china, india and possibly even later africa (doubt they have time until shit hits the fan) that will not stop their economic rise. No way they will do that.

There is nothing we can do. Except unless fusion energy became viable option within few years and it would be spread all over in extremely quick manner. Or something. Not sure, if even that would be fast enough.

We will be watching as africa turns into desert too hot for humans to live. Most animals will die. Not sure what happens to rain forests but probably not good for them either.
    Europe will turn to something like africa is today and partially desert. Same for asia for the most part. Northern europe will receive huge amount of people moving north to find livable enviroment.
    US will have similar effect like europe.

Thats just start that we might see in our lifetime. There may be major extinction event too. It will be too hot. Too much co2 in atmosphere, methane will be released from currently frozen deposits which is even stronger greenhouse gas.

When that happens, nothing will stop it. Nature will go its course.

/end doomsayer.
    Believe it or not. In my eyes, nothing can be done anymore so I dont bother to fight anyone with it. It will be good, if its wrong so keep hoping that, if you want.

I'm only happy that I wont live to see the full blown effects.

edit: And yes... planet will be perfectly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do understand, when the earth gets too hot it creates planet wide cloud formations and storms we ca only imagine that will block a lot of the sun out and cool the planet and then you will get snowfall pretty much everywhere and things will start to freeze. That is how it works, it is a cycle and we sped it up exponentially.
    That isn't how anything works at all. Where the hell did you pull this nonsense?

That sounds like a great sci-fi movie not reality but good start for a post apocalyptic world.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Man, you globalists sure do love touting your warped social beliefs, this is just sad. This new Marxist world order is going to be fun.
    I mean, i'm getting more and more convinced that capitalism is the great filter that humanity has to surpass in order to conquer the stars.
    i really hope that we do it.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That isn't how anything works at all. Where the hell did you pull this nonsense?
    That is what happens when you heat up water, it creates precipitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    We are fucked already. There is nothing we can do. At all.

We will be having these unusual weathers yearly. But the actual shit probably wont hit the fan until few decades later. I expect to be old by then or dead by old age.

Even if europe and us suddenly somehow switched to less wasteful ways, start using renewable energy sources, ect. There is still china, india and possibly even later africa (doubt they have time until shit hits the fan) that will not stop their economic rise. No way they will do that.

There is nothing we can do. Except unless fusion energy became viable option within few years and it would be spread all over in extremely quick manner. Or something. Not sure, if even that would be fast enough.

We will be watching as africa turns into desert too hot for humans to live. Most animals will die. Not sure what happens to rain forests but probably not good for them either.
    Europe will turn to something like africa is today and partially desert. Same for asia for the most part. Northern europe will receive huge amount of people moving north to find livable enviroment.
    US will have similar effect like europe.

Thats just start that we might see in our lifetime. There may be major extinction event too. It will be too hot. Too much co2 in atmosphere, methane will be released from currently frozen deposits which is even stronger greenhouse gas.

When that happens, nothing will stop it. Nature will go its course.

/end doomsayer.
    Believe it or not. In my eyes, nothing can be done anymore so I dont bother to fight anyone with it. It will be good, if its wrong so keep hoping that, if you want.

I'm only happy that I wont live to see the full blown effects.

edit: And yes... planet will be perfectly fine.
    I am in the same boat so why not drink and party until the Titanic sinks? Coke and booze for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is climate change denier nonsense.

India and China both have lower emissions per capita than the USA.
    The USA's efforts only look "good" due to having the highest per-capita emissions in the first place.
    You're using absolute emissions for the first figure, and per-capita for the second, so you're cherry-picking measures to fit your desired conclusion, to boot.
    Anthropogenic climate change has nothing to do with natural climate drift, which is orders of magnitude slower in pace.
    No, there is no "proof" that carbon dioxide percentages in the atmosphere is a "reaction". No evidence at all for that.

Literally the baseline they're measuring warming against. This was a ridiculous question to ask.
    And... youre a typical climate apologist.