Poll: What should come after Naxx

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    How about open BC servers and allow us to port our toons over to it if we choose. These ideas of new content for a static game is nuts.
    But that seems to be what a lot of people are going for. The damn thing hasn't even launched yet and they are on to "what happens next". Then it delves into not just 'progress to BC and then LK duh', but let's make entirely new content for the game. Which is kind've funny because some (most?) of those same people are bitching at the same time that anything after classic would ruin it...
    Last edited by alturic; 2019-08-26 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    "Complex" is subjective here, because it can be mistaken for "Difficulty".

While it's true what you're saying about "complex" mechanics, the difficulty of mastering Rags' abilities is far FAR harder because a) 40 people, and b) They're designed to be hella-hard without the right gearset, which is THAT raid's gearset. ZG gear came far later, and there's no way you could beat Rags using purely UBRS gear.
    That is what i mean, old fights were difficult not because you had to do a lot, but because there was a higher chance of player failure as well as a lot of regular damage going out. That said, i would still say if you compared Mythic of today to Naxx it would still get beat out of the water. Hell reading one of Kel'Thuzads strats says to use an interrupt cycle which is the "trick to survive this phase", despite that being a common mechanic these days.

I don't understand why this is a poll. Blizzard has already gone on record to state with near certainty that the success of Classic will result in TBC and beyond servers. The better question would be how they intend to handle the transition.

Quote Originally Posted by --Code-- View Post
    I don't see Blizz lacking the resources to do TBC/WoTLK at all. If Blizz only cared what the industry trends were then legacy servers would never be a thing. As far as a successor to WoW, it would be in like 6-8, maybe even 10 years. I just don't see Blizz never releasing an MMO again. At some point retail stagnation will reach critical mass and they will have to do something.
    Considering they recently said progressing to BC/LK would be minimal work since a lot of that groundwork is laid, I agree.

I'm just confused on how people went from wanting classic, finally getting to experience classic in an official capacity, to all of a sudden thinking it's going to be a massive hit a year or two from now to warrant completely new expansions for it.

I will admit, I'm somewhat confused on the last two sentences. What does critical mass mean to you in this regard? Dwindling subscribers? That has come already. A low amount of subscribers that they start questioning what to do next? I'd love another MMO from Blizzard to be announced, with the current generation's play-style though, I just don't see it happening like what both of us would, presumably, consider an MMO. I definitely see more Overwatch type games, possibly Starcraft and Diablo type games but outside of that, I sadly don't see anything like WoW coming out of Blizzard again.

Nothing.

After 6-12 months of Naxxramas, they should just announce new servers for a fresh start. Like leagues on Path of Exile or ladder resets on Diablo 2.

I wouldn't mind a change to TBC, but i doubt that's in the plans.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I don't understand why this is a poll. Blizzard has already gone on record to state with near certainty that the success of Classic will result in TBC and beyond servers. The better question would be how they intend to handle the transition.
    Well the Q/A they had up here recently said they don't really know at this point what they would do... BUT BC/LK/beyond would be minimal work. They could certainly mean it from the standpoint of we don't know if we'll progress to BC/LK... but, or they it could be carefully crafted for no other reason that to keep people subscribed on the hopes of new content too.

I don't blame them either way, but yea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Nothing.

After 6-12 months of Naxxramas, they should just announce new servers for a fresh start. Like leagues on Path of Exile or ladder resets on Diablo 2.

I wouldn't mind a change to TBC, but i doubt that's in the plans.
    I'm sure the plan has been put out there there, but roughly when do you this Naxx will be released? I haven't seen any timeframe floating around, but uh... vanilla->BC was roughly 2 years and a few months. Let's say they make it the same, 10 years from now you think they'll have 5 different... eras?

Original Classic 2019
    Classic 1 Fresh 2021
    Classic 2 Fresh 2023
    Classic 3 Fresh 2025
    Classic 4 Fresh 2027
    Classic 5 Fresh 2029

Or if they make it last a year only

Original Classic 2019
    Classic 1 Fresh 2020
    Classic 2 Fresh 2021
    Classic 3 Fresh 2022
    Classic 4 Fresh 2023
    Classic 5 Fresh 2024

In other words, when do they stop releasing these fresh servers for the new start?

I'm just completely failing to see how anything but "one direction" is going to happen. Be that classic->bc->lk and beyond (and obviously retail will be like 2-3 expansions ahead of what it is now), a complete wipe, or whatever and I'm just not seeing any sort of new development happening... at all.
    Last edited by alturic; 2019-08-26 at 02:56 AM.

Leave a few classic realms, reset them, and add TBC realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    absolutely nothing. classic is /classic/. thats it. there is no next. if they do TBC they should do it separately so they dont just keep fucking restarting WoW every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Well the Q/A they had up here recently said they don't really know at this point what they would do... BUT BC/LK/beyond would be minimal work. They could certainly mean it from the standpoint of we don't know if we'll progress to BC/LK... but, or they it could be carefully crafted for no other reason that to keep people subscribed on the hopes of new content too.

I don't blame them either way, but yea.
    There is a zero percent chance of Blizzard creating an AU version of WoW based on Classic. It will either continue with more Legacy realms from other expansions or it will go into a seasonal reset standstill.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    There is a zero percent chance of Blizzard creating an AU version of WoW based on Classic. It will either continue with more Legacy realms from other expansions or it will go into a seasonal reset standstill.
    WoW (no pun intended) someone actually gets it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    That is what i mean, old fights were difficult not because you had to do a lot, but because there was a higher chance of player failure as well as a lot of regular damage going out. That said, i would still say if you compared Mythic of today to Naxx it would still get beat out of the water. Hell reading one of Kel'Thuzads strats says to use an interrupt cycle which is the "trick to survive this phase", despite that being a common mechanic these days.
    Sorry, I should've read the daisy-chain of responses before my own response. >_<

Oh gods yes, old-smegging Naxx was STUPID hard back in the day! Those damn guys who would punt you 20 yards away into other Mob packs in the Spider wing?? /shudder I laughed when in new-Naxx they punted you, maybe, 4 feet? ;P

Taking bets how many people voted for new content (raids etc) that are part of the #NoChanges group. Sad. I hear no no changes means no changes. Ya lets completely rewrite the entire storyline so we can add more content to a 15 year old game whos hype train will be over in a two months.

There should never be "new lv60 content". For the plain reason that it'll make it impossible for new players to join the game without them adding catch up gear(which is one of the most hated things in retail). The best solution is to open up BC servers or 'new expansion lv70 servers' and allow the option to transfer the toons off of the Classic Vanilla servers onto those servers to maintain that there will always be Classic Vanilla servers(because if they make it just chain straight to the new expansion, then they'll have the same problem where people want Vanilla servers again years down the line).
    Last edited by Zyky; 2019-08-26 at 03:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing thats it. If blizz decides to open BC or any other expansion servers then they should be separate. Some people just want the vanilla experience and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    I lol'd at people thinking there will be option to copy characters to a TBC realm. Can't you think about 100 ways to exploit gold and other stuff with that method?

I don't think there will be anything after naxx, new exclusive content for just classic would piss off alot of people.
    Why? I mean I'm sure there would be people who would think its their job to act angry over such a thing but I don't think there's any rational basis for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Berndorf View Post
    Why? I mean I'm sure there would be people who would think its their job to act angry over such a thing but I don't think there's any rational basis for it.
    Because it's fucking ridiculous. WoW story has already been told from that point on, adding exclusive lore, raid, gear and content for a minority who wants to live in nostalgia while using retail subscription money and services to finance it just feels like cheating on their community.

Also how stupid does it sound devs trying to to create dungeons, sets and raid bosses around really bad designed classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Because it's fucking ridiculous. WoW story has already been told from that point on, adding exclusive lore, raid, gear and content for a minority who wants to live in nostalgia while using retail subscription money and services to finance it just feels like cheating on their community.
    How about creating it with the money that vanilla crowd brings in by resubbing and playing exclusively classic, having abandoned retail years ago?

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Same thing with WotLK. Which is where it ends because lolcata
    Naw, work with Chromie and alter time to prevent the cataclysm and have an alternative timeline to pursue.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    How about creating it with the money that vanilla crowd brings in by resubbing and playing exclusively classic, having abandoned retail years ago?
    Yes, all dozens of them!

I'm hoping they make some BC servers and give players an option to migrate their vanilla characters over like with the PTR. Making new content for classic seems like a pretty far fetched idea imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.