Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    When i made my dk, i named him Mandalore. A few days later, i checked the armory, and realized that i was literally the only one on all european servers with a character named Mandalore. There were no other hits when searching for that name. Nowadays, there are dozens of Mandalores.
    There's also the fact that names i have come up with myself, like Endrogal and Arethos, also exist several dozen times by now, for some reason or another.
    my Demon Hunter was the only one called Niranjana but now there's another Demon hunter with the same name... Muh Uniqueness.

They still haven't lifted the 3 character limit on EU realm yet

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Because I wanted the same name as I do on retail. I have grown rather fond of it.
    But sadly, someone superceded me and took that name on Zandalar Tribe.

Back when I created tetrisGOAT as a name, there were no one else using that, but these days, plenty of people have started using it. And with the rise of people using “GOAT” as an acronym, I am really hurting for a change. I want to be me, not one amongst many, even if the the me I be is not very interesting.

- - - Updated - - -

What in game name generator?
    The in-game name generator in WoW. When you go name a character, right underneath it says "Randomize". I keep clicking that until I find a name I like. Then I check Armory for it. If no one uses it, I name my toon that name. My finger does start to hurt after clicking that many times lol. Also, After randomize names of like maybe 20 or 30 names, then it restarts over again with the same names.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    When i made my dk, i named him Mandalore. A few days later, i checked the armory, and realized that i was literally the only one on all european servers with a character named Mandalore.
    I want to know when this was.... that seems odd considering Mandalore is a semi well known name among certain circles due to relations with the star wars fandom. Not JUST more recently since swtor even.

Because I really really really wanted to name my toon Asmoncuck

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

There is no chance that anyone will ever "steal" my name in game since it's very Unique so i have never really understood the point of a reserve name service.. i'm really just wondering why people even try to use "Common" names instead of their own unique ones.
    Because not everyone is like you. Maybe they want their character to be named "Bob".

Why are you concerned with what other people do?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    Because not everyone is like you. Maybe they want their character to be named "Bob".

Why are you concerned with what other people do?
    Being unique makes you special though!

Quote Originally Posted by Epileptica View Post
    By Unique, you mean ünîqûè?
    You are eligible to join my guild <Gratüitöüs Ümlaüts>

Aren't they restricting diacritics in Classic?

Because what if someone called their character hunterchief but mispelled chief so it read huntercheif instead, then I would not be able to name my character the same ( Don't fucking judge me, huntercheif sounded pretty cool when I was 13 )

5+ Year Old Account
    As an aside I did reserve a few names... my Druids name from Retail, a Mage name I couldn't use in Retail because it was taken and that's pretty much it.

Lloregan and Valhan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    The in-game name generator in WoW. When you go name a character, right underneath it says "Randomize". I keep clicking that until I find a name I like. Then I check Armory for it. If no one uses it, I name my toon that name. My finger does start to hurt after clicking that many times lol. Also, After randomize names of like maybe 20 or 30 names, then it restarts over again with the same names.
    This is the story of how my undead priest is named Putritia. I thought it was absolutely perfect, in game name generator did well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    There is no such button? Is this an addon?

There were 2 Caladia's in Vanilla, both of us were Human Priests. I was Holy/Disc, the other was Shadow. We both posted on the class forums, the other one more than me. I know this because we both posted on the forums and I would often run armory checks.

Now there are a bunch of people using this name, so if I wanted to use it I'd have to get to it quickly. If I didn't get it, I wasn't going to worry about it too much as I do have backups.

Hey.

There is no chance that anyone will ever "steal" my name in game since it's very Unique so i have never really understood the point of a reserve name service.. i'm really just wondering why people even try to use "Common" names instead of their own unique ones.
    "Why do I lack the empathy to understand that other people have problems I might not have?"

-you

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

Believe it or not, 99.9% of these dudes that wanted the reserve period was to name their characters Swifty or Asmongold. You know, naming it like the name of the streaemrs. For some people this gives them the dopamine they want

Having a character named something like Ed or Bob is priceless on an RP realm

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    There is no such button? Is this an addon?
    This button only exists on the US client. For whatever reason Blizzard has never included it elsewhere.
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2019-08-26 at 06:36 PM.

There will be people selling reserved names to people in exhange for gold on retail servers, you wait and see.

If no one would steal your name, it isn’t that good, isn’t that clever or is too long. In short, it isn’t worth stealing—and thus unless it holds sentimental value to you, isn’t particularly worth using in the first place.

Even xxLegolasxx would be Legolas if someone hadn’t aready taken that.

Mine are sour and ekim, simple quick and given them being taken on every other server, desireable.
    Last edited by sourlol; 2019-08-26 at 06:55 PM.