Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Bascially have to wait for thousands of d/cs
    Which won't happen with "anti-afk" software lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Anyone actually got into the game? I just got world server down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

I got dc'ed once. Queue was originally half an hour. Logged back in, and now I'm actually down to 11 minutes with 1,335 people ahead of me, more or less. If I get dc'ed again that'll be it for tonight, wrestling starts in an hour anyway so even if I get in within the next 10 minutes I'm just going to quest for like a half hour to see how far I get and say I was able to launch day and then log off and let someone have a crack at it.

It's almost like they should've done a stress test or two...oh wait...

Well made it through the queue again but now the world server is down
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Stuck on world server down for like 30min, took some more names though.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, go to bed, its a mess
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Of course... the advice that you go to bed (or any other variation of "Nah don't bother") also takes you out of queue, so the people giving you said advice could potentially get in faster... just sayin!

It's in most people's best interest right now to talk everyone else out of playing for the moment!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2019-08-26 at 11:25 PM.

Just got in!

Made a character on a pve realm with no queue, 8-10 times of world server down before I finally got in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    This is already shaping up as the biggest launch failure in their history.
    Ahahhaha not even close....WoD our server didn't even work the first few days then had massive queue's for weeks after. Literally had to transfer to a low pop then transfer back to actually play.

Quote Originally Posted by Peebuddy View Post
    I thought this was what the layering was for? Can it not handle that many layers on one server or somethin'?
    Layering isn't there to make it where more people can log into a server. The servers are capped at 10k people I believe, layering is so you don't have 10k people trying to kill 10 boars...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bringsdeath View Post
    Layering isn't there to make it where more people can log into a server. The servers are capped at 10k people I believe, layering is so you don't have 10k people trying to kill 10 boars...
    Layering is useless. Try doing kill quests in the human starter zones. There is 0 point in playing until a couple weeks I guess. All that layering talk and it's literally no different than every other Blizzard launch failure. They clearly do not know proper player caps in zones. This shouldn't even be an issue. The queue I can understand, but what was the point of even using layering..

I should mention the skill delay lag too, apparently they can't even fix that on retail either though so.. trash servers are trash poor indie devs.
    Last edited by Lazuli; 2019-08-27 at 12:01 AM.

I gave up lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Ahahhaha not even close....WoD our server didn't even work the first few days then had massive queue's for weeks after. Literally had to transfer to a low pop then transfer back to actually play.
    Never had a single problem with WoD
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

I remember getting most of lvl 91-92 xp from doing pet battles because all the NPCs in shadowmoon valley were fubared Good times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

If you were Horde, the part where you have to use the telescope to look at your garrison was shared so you had a LONG line formed.

so, uh, what happens to the newly stood up servers after the initial rush dies down? Do people stay on them? Just use them for the first two weeks and abandon them?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    so, uh, what happens to the newly stood up servers after the initial rush dies down? Do people stay on them? Just use them for the first two weeks and abandon them?
    Either Blizzard has a contingency plan to get the most people playing and then immediately merge servers after the opening rush, or numbers jumped today and they're seeing projections for way more long-term players.

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Either Blizzard has a contingency plan to get the most people playing and then immediately merge servers after the opening rush, or numbers jumped today and they're seeing projections for way more long-term players.
    Numbers increased prkb.

Wow token prices sky rocketed today

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    been in the queue since 0500 (4 hr 48min) went from 11k and am now at 1.9k. Feels bad man, but at the same time good. This is a server that was opened today. Classic is ded

This is already shaping up as the biggest launch failure in their history.
    Seriously?

It seems like a massive, unexpected success in my book.