Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy that people won't stick around when you make the game so unplayable that they don't stick around.
    It's not the games fault it is unplayable. In 2004 it was current and cutting edge. 15 years later, I personally wouldn't say it's unplayable but it is definitely bordering there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Imagine the amount of genius it would take to come up with free treansfers off of dead realms instead of 7h queues.
    Not even remotely imaginable.
    Right?

Also 2 PVP servers for the entirety of EU - the testament to how well Blizz can estimate shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    Imagine the amount of genius it would take to come up with free treansfers off of dead realms instead of 7h queues.
    Right?

Also 2 PVP servers for the entirety of EU - the testament to how well Blizz can estimate shit.
    For people who love talking about community, you seem to have no problem with smashing them together and making things worse later on.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    you all asked for the 'classic' experience, now suck it up and have it.
    No complaining here. I have been in a 5 hour que and still as excited as when I started. Are YOU ok though?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    For people who love talking about community, you seem to have no problem with smashing them together and making things worse later on.
    Huh?
    Allow transfers from low servers to a medium one, case closed.

Right?

You must not have been around when the cross server dungeon finder was implemented in Wrath. NOBODY liked that, and Blizzard is trying to avoid that kind of solution being necessary again.
    3700X | GTX 1070

WHat does that have to do with my post?

I can already see Ion apologizing or making excuses to the community next month.

"We did not anticipate this much interest for Classic. More realms are slated to open over the coming weeks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post
    I can already see Ion apologizing or making excuses to the community next month.

"We did not anticipate this much interest for Classic. More realms are slated to open over the coming weeks."
    He might not be here to make the announcement

This much interest in classic is a damning strike again Ion

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    If there are queues, I wouldn’t know. I was logged in the second the game came up.

It was unplayable. So much overcrowding and lag you had to get lucky to tag a mob.

Took half an hour to hit level two with a melee toon. Logged off for a nap as it wasn’t worth the time aside from getting a launch day screenshot.
    I never had any lag, but I spent the first 20-30 minutes running from the gnome area to the belt area.

Why are you wasting time posting here if you hate classic?

I really wish he'd go back to being a lawyer.

I think a really important factor that Ion only briefly touched on is how well people determine the reasons for picking a particular server.

Many people do a lot of research before picking where they're going to invest their time. Especially with Classic since the time needed to do anything is so much more than Modern wow.

Where are the streaners? Which server is horde or alliance heavy, and pvp/pve versions of each. Where are my friends going? Is there going to be prime time raiding only, or can I find a stable Off-hours guild?

These are all things people consider before choosing a server. And switching up at the last second because of something as temporary as long queues on launch day is not the best idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    ion hazzikostas sucks
    ^ /10 char

- - - Updated - - -

Just wanted to add, off the bat the Classic experience is terrible. Two levels in 40 minutes? And people think the few Normal realms won't be dead within months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Many people do a lot of research before picking where they're going to invest their time. Especially with Classic since the time needed to do anything is so much more than Modern wow.
    Some perhaps. Many don't. Stampedes based on forum word-of-mouth are not especially exercises in deep thought. This is how you end up with people signing up for a server that's already way overbooked.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Right?

Well just let me Ninja the bindings in my guilds latest MC run and then transfer to a server that already has a toon with my name so I can get a rename and noone will be the wiser

You can do that with guild bank alts as well

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Well just let me Ninja the bindings in my guilds latest MC run and then transfer to a server that already has a toon with my name so I can get a rename and noone will be the wiser

You can do that with guild bank alts as well
    I don't care, let me play the game.

I don't care, let me play the game.
    Well good news

You are getting more servers

They have to make decisions for the health of the entire game not just one person

I’m enjoying the lag, queues, and complaints. It really IS like Vanilla.

The fact that randos on the forums think they know better than the people with the actual statistics is baffling. As is the thought that Ion is anything but a mouthpiece. Then again, people think they can see the strike zone better from the upper deck than an umpire can from behind home plate.

Nothing new under the sun.