Page 1 of 30
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I already miss BFA

It's been quite some time since Warlords of Draenor launched and I must say, after that horrendous experience, I have never thought I'll relive that again. But today with Classic, Blizzard did it again. And nope, this isn't supposed to be a bashing thread. Not at all. Instead, since I had 5+ hours to think about it, I just realized, I already miss BFA.

On classic, I hit level 4 before I got random dc'ed and got stuck in queue. The first time I logged in it was amazing. So. Many. People. I was so hyped, got my gnome warlock, started trying to tag mobs. No luck. Made group, it got a little better. I pushed through, suddenly first inconvenience struck me. Quests don't appear on the minimap. It's been so long that I totally forgot about that. Well, whatever, it's silly and could be easily fixed, but I guess people like the pain and want it? Nevermind, lets continue leveling I thought. Then ofc the mob tagging started to became bigger and biggers issue. And the objects clicking. And the quest items looting while in a party. And the old interface, and the old social tab not being placed where Im used to, and then the realisation that also this is still just the beginning and there will be more and more little things that Im going to hate. And you know what? Then I realized, there is a game just like this, BUT BETTER. Where I have 10+ years of stuff, where everything is convenient, where things still matter, progress matters, theres tons of content and, well, I started to miss it.

So my point is, thanks, but no thanks? I'll still give it a proper chance. After it cools down. But somehow I really want to level a new character on BFA now, because, you know, its way more fun. Any1 feels the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post
    It's been quite some time since Warlords of Draenor launched and I must say, after that horrendous experience, I have never thought I'll relive that again. But today with Classic, Blizzard did it again. And nope, this isn't supposed to be a bashing thread. Not at all. Instead, since I had 5+ hours to think about it, I just realized, I already miss BFA.

On classic, I hit level 4 before I got random dc'ed and got stuck in queue. The first time I logged in it was amazing. So. Many. People. I was so hyped, got my gnome warlock, started trying to tag mobs. No luck. Made group, it got a little better. I pushed through, suddenly first inconvenience struck me. Quests don't appear on the minimap. It's been so long that I totally forgot about that. Well, whatever, it's silly and could be easily fixed, but I guess people like the pain and want it? Nevermind, lets continue leveling I thought. Then ofc the mob tagging started to became bigger and biggers issue. And the objects clicking. And the quest items looting while in a party. And the old interface, and the old social tab not being placed where Im used to, and then the realisation that also this is still just the beginning and there will be more and more little things that Im going to hate. And you know what? Then I realized, there is a game just like this, BUT BETTER. Where I have 10+ years of stuff, where everything is convenient, where things still matter, progress matters, theres tons of content and, well, I started to miss it.

So my point is, thanks, but no thanks? I'll still give it a proper chance. After it cools down. But somehow I really want to level a new character on BFA now, because, you know, its way more fun. Any1 feels the same?
    Yep. Classic is just not for me. I can't spend hours just trying to get to level 10 like I could when I was younger.

Hope everyone is enjoying the nostalgia trip. I have a feeling it won't last long.

15+ Year Old Account
    +1

On top of the fact that most of the specs just don't work in the old system, some specs just didn't exist plus some classes, one of them being my main, don't exist xD

I just hope that this pulls more of the classic returners into retail. They're paying anyways so maybe they start to think "oh I think I try it also"
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Quote Originally Posted by Crysis View Post

I don't share your perspective but you're more than entitled to it. But from the sounds of things you should just stick to Retail/BFA. You're not going to enjoy Classic and it isn't to everyone's taste. Which is 100% okay. No one's forcing you to play it and I wouldn't force myself to play it if I felt the way you do. It's not going to get better. It will be what it is and what you don't like about it forever.

You're love of BFA will last until you make your new character. You'll immediately be bored.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

That didn't take long.

Can’t say I feel the same. Yes it’s faster to level of retail but to me that doesn’t make it better. Leveling on retail doesn’t feel like an accomplishment. You walk into a dungeon one level, and walk out three or four levels higher. There is no journey anymore. Retail is fine for what it is, but it’s not what I want from my MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    You're love of BFA will last until you make your new character. You'll immediately be bored.
    Funny, that's exactly what happened when I made my character in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Great.

Go play BFA then. Nothing is stopping you. Quite literally, since Classic and BFA share a sub.
    This. Classic quit threads after 7 hours seems like a bad trolling attempt.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    That didn't take long.
    I wonder it took that long. I mean.. the big hype will have a big bad end.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasokaz View Post
    Funny, that's exactly what happened when I made my character in Classic.

Oh funny, was your other account banned that you can continue your Classic rampage on a new one made... today? Sad.

Wow, exactly what i predicted...but i didnt thought it would be that fast.

And hundreds and thousands of players will feel the same. Some might take a little bit longer to realise, many will be to butthurt to admit they were wrong....but they will still feel it. Classic - Waste of Ressources.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Classic - Waste of Ressources.
    Classic caused a bigger popularity surge for WoW than BfA did during launch or any time after that. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    Wow, exactly what i predicted...but i didnt thought it would be that fast.

And hundreds and thousands of players will feel the same. Some might take a little bit longer to realise, many will be to butthurt to admit they were wrong....but they will still feel it. Classic - Waste of Ressources.
    You're at about an 8 right now. I'mma need you at about a 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Oh funny, was your other account banned that you can continue your Classic rampage on a new one made... today? Sad.
    Oh snap, here's the little weeb - rushing to the defense of their dated, garbo game. Did you not sleep entire night as to keep a vigilant watch for anyone who doesn't like your trashy game?

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Classic has some bright moments and the overall ethos of it is something should be trying to recapture through a sequel or reboot but it's tedious to play nowadays. Classic didn't have anything special or any gimmicks to it like other MMOs, of that era either so there's not much to actually latch onto. WoW's claim to fame was "easy game! quest to cap solo!". That's not some slight, that's what it was.

Feeling this way as someone who had 4 60's in 2005, and was in a server first guild for most content, I can't imagine how newer people will feel in a week. I'm curious to read about how PvP rankings go. That shit nearly killed me back in the day, I can't imagine it in my 30s, like I just want to lie down thinking about it. I feel like most people who made it to HWL/GM were absolutely account sharing.

Classic caused a bigger popularity surge for WoW than BfA did during launch or any time after that. Just sayin.
    Not costing any money helps.

Oh yeah, did you just pull this out of your ass or do you have sources for that?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    things like no sparkling items and no quest markings aren't a problem since i played so much classic while i was so young that it's incredibly ingrained

however, things like no toggleable new models, loot being acquired through dungeons that are multiple hour commitments where chances are you won't actually get anything, and the realization that there's just not that much to actually do in classic is what kills it for me. I remember sitting around in main cities not because it was amazing to admire peoples gear but because at level cap there's just nothing to do outside of group content. the little memories I have of stirring up trouble at mid-level towns and exploring were the result of me just having nothing else to do and going out of my way to find something remotely stimulating. the feeling of gearing up with t1 and 2 won't feel nearly as good or as exclusive because 95% of the people that hit cap are going to be raiding, there's going to be no new people, and nomatter what this won't feel like classic.

and i'm not playing BfA either because classes feel terrible. I miss legion more than anything and just wish this game could be consistently good.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2019-08-27 at 05:37 AM.

I expect threads about "not being real classic" soon, for people to justify why they do not have fun in classics reboot, and either quit or return to retail.

10+ Year Old Account
    This. Classic quit threads after 7 hours seems like a bad trolling attempt.
    Not at all my intention. Like I said, I still plan on giving it a proper try. After I get my character running, after we set up our guild, and I start playing with friends, it might get better. I downloaded some addons for questing, which will also make my life easier on Classic. Nevertheless, I am now more looking forward to maybe leveling a Zandalari Troll resto druid. Sure, its fast, I have complete set of heirlooms, will probably hit 30-40 in day 1 if I focus, but the gameplay is just way more fun and fluid and I got used to it so much that I am now kinda realizing, its not that bad at all compared to the old days.

Theres positives and negatives on both sides, Im just saying the pink glasses are off, Classic is what it is, and maybe I see BFA in better light after all. And to those saying nobody is forcing me to play Classic, you are absolutely right. But I still felt like I needed to express my opinion, which I dont do very often.