10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Puerto Rico is currently under a state of emergency, due to incoming hurricane.
    Hmm. So, taking money that should be used to help brown people (Americans) not die from a hurricane, in exchange for building places for brown people (want to be Americans) die, while they're waiting indefinitely for their day in court without judges, translators, or medical care.

Meanwhile, Jimmy Carter is back to building Habitats for Humanity.

Which one is the President God chose, again?
    Last edited by Breccia; 2019-08-27 at 10:22 PM.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...82203808440320

Is he really blaming Puerto Rico for the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...82203808440320 Is he really blaming Puerto Rico for the weather?
    And the claim of $92 billion is just that; a claim. And not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Collins fucked herself over with the Kavanaugh vote.
    Are you referring to this interview?

“Have I lost some votes because of my decision to support Justice Kavanaugh? Yes, I have. And I’m sad about that because I explained in great depth my decision-making,” Collins said. But “there still is an appreciation in Maine for someone who looks at the facts of an issue, votes with integrity and independence.”
    The interview paused while the reporter Googled "Maine governor blocks Medicaid expansion" and chuckled.

“It’s never enough. Never. For those who truly hate the president, I’m never going to be able to do enough for them,” Collins said between bites of banh mi, which she frugally tucks into a to-go container before hurrying to a paper mill reopening. “I get tired of the ‘she speaks but doesn’t act.’”
    Now that first part is fair. Problem is, the people who "truly hate" Trump?
    a) They're Democrats. You lost them anyhow. You're losing Republican votes.
    b) They have a point. How's the tax cut for the rich going? Collins voted for it, you say? Well, shit!
    c) 2020 is about to put the Republican Party on trial. As long as you call yourself a Republican, you're in the firing line. Collins could be kicked out of Maine by McConnell.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

They do stories so big on Elizabeth “Pocahontas” Warren’s crowd sizes, adding many more people than are actually there, and yet my crowds, which are far bigger, get no coverage at all. Fake News!
    "I'm going to throw up."

Correct, it's Trump. Apparently, despite the yield curve inverting, public proof that he lied about the Chinese trade deal, word getting out about his vermin-infested hotel that he invited Putin to...hold on, that will take care of itself...blaming the Fed for manufacturing failing, the DOW tripping down 121 stairs and Deutsche Bank handing over tax records -- ALL IN THE LAST 24 HOURS ALONE -- what the squatter in the Oval Office should be talking about, is crowd sizes.

By the way,

There are tons of pictures of Warren rallies from the sides and behind. Warren does not insist on a close-up camera of her face only. Also, best of my knowledge, she never forced people to attend or not be paid, hired actors, or threw someone out for mouthing "What?" whenever she lied.

Hey remember that time Trump said he wanted to loosen slander/libel laws so he could sue anyone he wanted? Funny, now he's claiming the numbers are fiction -- something that would be objectively provable -- and he does nothing but whine about his widdle feewings being hurt.

10+ Year Old Account

PR is obviously controlling the weather for free government money.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    PR is obviously controlling the weather for free government money.
    Well, they could just row their island out of the way of the hurricane, if they wouldn't be so lazy!!!!

/s (but still more reasonable than nuking them)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And the claim of $92 billion is just that; a claim. And not even close.
    There is no problem too big to solve by throwing paper towels at it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's sad to me politics have fallen so far because of Trump and his "fake news" that the paper towels took off but the 3 thousand dead Puerto Ricans did not =/

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How the heck do they know he is joking? Was him demanding the Nobel peace prize a joke? Was him calling America ‘not innocent’ to defend Putin a joke?
    Every single zealot seems to know exactly what is a joke, what isn't a joke, what he meant, and is able to translate the words of their messiah at any time.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Well, obviously Puerto Rico should just move somewhere where it won't be hit by hurricanes. We all know that islands float.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Alabama's Republican Party is pushing their federal lawmakers to expel Omar from the Senate.

"On what grounds?"

I guess, the grounds that she's not a pedophile? No, wait, it says here "disturbing record of using anti-Semitic language that includes alleging Jewish money is used to buy American influence regarding its policy toward Israel".

"...they do know about Kushner's peace plan, right?"

Probably not, no. They might be talking about this tweet:

to which Omar replied

I looked, that's the closest I could find to Omar talking about "Jewish money". I mean, she suggested withholding Israel military aid until they stop violating international law in their treatment of Palestinians, but that money's going the other way. Attacking her on that would be literally retarded.

But long story short, yes, it appears to be about a tweet. For any Republican group to suggest expelling a non-Republican for a tweet is, at this point, hypocrisy beyond the pale.

Incidentally, those meeting minutes I posted earlier also talk about something called the Human Life Protection Act. Alabaman has the highest per-capita execution rate in the country.
    So, I wanna go back to this. Roy Moore has said, on fucking camera, that gay people should be locked up for being gay. He also has a massive hard-on against atheists. And yes, he's not in any kind of political seat right now, but this is a judge who sat on the state supreme court, and has a good chance of getting that Senate seat he lost before, unless everyone votes for "FOOOTBAWL!". Moore was also on the whole birther side, which is pretty much the definition of "I'm a giant racist".

So until Alabama stops thinking that someone like Moore has the big brains, I don't want to hear a single word out of this state about Omar maybe kind of saying something that if you really try to swing it in your direction could be construed as "antisemitic".

Oh, and let's not forget, when accusations that Moore himself was antisemitic, his defense, yes, was "I have a Jewish lawyer". What makes it even dumber is that, no, no he actually doesn't.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2019-08-27 at 11:18 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Are you referring to this interview?

“Have I lost some votes because of my decision to support Justice Kavanaugh? Yes, I have. And I’m sad about that because I explained in great depth my decision-making,” Collins said. But “there still is an appreciation in Maine for someone who looks at the facts of an issue, votes with integrity and independence.”
    The interview paused while the reporter Googled "Maine governor blocks Medicaid expansion" and chuckled.
    Yep. The audacity of her to try and cite "facts" while voting in favor of Kavanaugh is mind boggling. And her other key votes, right along party lines, tell us all we need to know about her "independence" votes.

Now that first part is fair. Problem is, the people who "truly hate" Trump?
    a) They're Democrats. You lost them anyhow. You're losing Republican votes.
    b) They have a point. How's the tax cut for the rich going? Collins voted for it, you say? Well, shit!
    c) 2020 is about to put the Republican Party on trial. As long as you call yourself a Republican, you're in the firing line. Collins could be kicked out of Maine by McConnell.
    We were just talking about the 100th anniversary of Women's Suffrage (and who amongst us can't wait for Trump to speak on that topic - "well, women were suffering, and then my German ancestors helped them out") for the 2020 election. Going to be insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, I wanna go back to this. Roy Moore has said, on fucking camera, that gay people should be locked up for being gay. he also has a massive hard-on against atheists. And yes, he's not in any kind of political seat right now, but this is a judge who sat on the state supreme court, and has a good chance of getting that Senate seat he lost before, unless everyone votes for "FOOOTBAWL!". Moore was also on the whole birther side, which is pretty much the definiteion of "I'm a giant racist".

So until Alabama stops thinking that someone like Moore has the big brains, I don't want to hear a single word out of this state about Omar maybe kind of saying something that if you really try to swing it in your direction could be construed as "antisemitic".

Oh, and let's not forget, when accusations that Moore himself was antisemitic, his defense, yes, was "I have a Jewish lawyer". What makes it even dumber is that, no, no he actually doesn't.
    He's going to get that nod for the GOP AL Senate seat, and probably win (because Alabama). I wonder if they'll refuse to seat him and have the governor replace him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    translate the words at any time.
    Funny, I thought he "tells it like it is". That shouldn't require translation.

In other news: Purdue Pharma, the focal point of both the opioid epidemic and not in any way related to the USDA for some reason, is also not waiting for Kellyanne Conway. They are prepared to settle out of court the 2,000 lawsuits against them.

For $10 billion dollars.

"Whoa! That's -- "

A horrific lowball, yes.

"...how the hell is ten billion a lowball?"

Well for one, Trump's own CDC says the epidemic has killed 400,000 people. So even if there are no future claims (the settlement builds a trust on the assumption yes, there will be future claims) that's $25,000 per person killed by opioids.

For two, the owning family is worth $13 billion, meaning they personally could fund the settlement and still retire on 400,000 deaths (also known as "one hundred thirty-three Puerto Rico hurricanes") and still be richer than Trump.

Third of all, the company sold about $35 billion. So, this is about a third of that. Lame.

And finally, Trump's own administration says the opioid crisis has cost the US $504 billion.

This is chump change. And I'm willing to bet this settlement would also make them immune to future claims.

Honestly, why we can't legally go after these companies for all revenues realized through their lies about opioids is insane.

Doubly so when you realize that many of the same companies responsible for profiting off of creating this crisis are now...the same companies profiting off of creating the solution by manufacturing and selling nalaxone. No company involved should be allowed to make a single cent off of it, at most revenues should cover operating costs and any profits should go directly into programs for the victims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, why we can't legally go after these companies for all revenues realized through their lies about opioids is insane.

Doubly so when you realize that many of the same companies responsible for profiting off of creating this crisis are now...the same companies profiting off of creating the solution by manufacturing and selling nalaxone. No company involved should be allowed to make a single cent off of it, at most revenues should cover operating costs and any profits should go directly into programs for the victims.
    becuz itd hurt thje ecomony. jobs go away. Shuld be hapee they heer to giv us jobs. commie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Well, obviously Puerto Rico should just move somewhere where it won't be hit by hurricanes. We all know that islands float.
    If they don't want hurricanes they should be raking the forest.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Got into Harvard. No red flags for him personally in the slightest.
    Pretty sure they consider being able to get into Harvard without being a legacy admission to be a red flag.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Ben Shapiro literally made this argument once. He said that if the sea levels rise ten feet, ruining everything on the coast, then people in Florida should just sell their homes and move.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ben Shapiro literally made this argument once. He said that if the sea levels rise ten feet, ruining everything on the coast, then people in Florida should just sell their homes and move.
    Ben Shapiro is not a smart man. He just talks really fast and aggressively so conservatives mistake that for intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If you actually pay attention he loves to contradict himself if you can corner him into a long form debate. It’s hilarious.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings! Now let me make up some imaginary scenario to get angry about." - Ben Shapiro 101