Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    12k queue on skeram. Is blizz gonna be offering free transfers soon?

Havent been able to even login yet. Was home at 5. Got right into Queue. 11k people. Its now 845 and the queue is at 5200.

This is utterly ridiculous. None of us wanted to play on a dead server but I cant play with my friends either

My guild and I switched to Incendius at the last minute, which they added right before launch and I've been waiting in queue for 3 hours. Even the newest servers added are seeing insane queue times. I'm shocked there are still 3 hour queues on brand new servers tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Crionics View Post
    My guild and I switched to Incendius at the last minute, which they added right before launch and I've been waiting in queue for 3 hours. Even the newest servers added are seeing insane queue times. I'm shocked there are still 3 hour queues on brand new servers tbh.
    The whole thing makes me wonder how long queues might exist. As I said earlier, there's certainly a shelf life on how long this can conceivably go on. Blizzard certainly doesn't want queues to go down due to people losing interest and just moving on. It's tough to say though, because Classic WoW is a unique beast; excitement for it may not exactly just "go away".

had 12k queue. waited 4 hours only to log in and see server shutting down in 8 minutes message.

never had bigger disappointment.

Im really curious to what they want an acceptable Queue for them. Like if you work until 6 EST you are straight fucked in playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blowmeup View Post
    Im really curious to what they want an acceptable Queue for them. Like if you work until 6 EST you are straight fucked in playing.
    Yeah, I play on skeram and thankfully had the day off today to grind a bit. I have classes until 4 PM tomorrow, so there is probably no way I"m going to be able to play without sitting in a 5 hour queue sadly

Sucks for those being in huge queue's only to have the server down for 1 hour, though all will have equal chance getting in in a hour so be ready to spam.

Was lucky to be able to play to lvl 10 atleast before they went down. Loved it so far.
    Do you hear the voices too?

new servers are gonna be dead when queues die down. all the guilds were already committed to the original servers. basically no point to play on them unless you just want to mess around for 20 min.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    I logged out for 20 min to fix dinner, now I've been in a <1 minute queue for 30 minutes. :P

Blizzard fucked up majorly, they completely underestimated the demand for these servers. Thalnos was the least popular pvp server of the original batch and it's already at a consistent 10k+ queue. I haven't been able to play today nor will I be able to because of the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    Blizzard fucked up majorly, they completely underestimated the demand for these servers. Thalnos was the least popular pvp server of the original batch and it's already at a consistent 10k+ queue. I haven't been able to play today nor will I be able to because of the queue.
    There's absolutely no way they win. They throw servers at it and more realms and have issues in a couple of weeks when initial interest dampens down (and then get moaned at for opening too many realms) or they have queues.

What's your 3rd alternative?

I'm NOT for a second talking from a viewpoint of "classic interest will die hahahahah" view point but.... there's clearly going to be a LOT of tourists at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    There's absolutely no way they win. They throw servers at it and more realms and have issues in a couple of weeks when initial interest dampens down (and then get moaned at for opening too many realms) or they have queues.

What's your 3rd alternative?

I'm NOT for a second talking from a viewpoint of "classic interest will die hahahahah" view point but.... there's clearly going to be a LOT of tourists at the moment.
    It's too late but they should have judged demand when they did the name reservation thing. First, they should have limited the number of names per server. Second, they should have, if they saw a lot of demand for name reservations, opened more servers THEN.

Now, it's too late. There's nothing they can do that will work long term and sadly, some of the people saying 'Fuck it, I'm not dealing with 5000 person queues" who might have played longer won't come back.
    Last edited by clevin; 2019-08-28 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    It's too late but they should have judged demand when they did the name reservation thing. First, they should have limited the number of names per server. Second, they should have, if they saw a lot of demand for name reservations, opened more servers THEN.

Now, it's too late. There's nothing they can do that will work long term and sadly, some of the people saying 'Fuck it, I'm not dealing with 5000 person queues" who might have played longer won't come back.
    Someone willing to completely reevaluate their view on a game because their first 72 hours playing it was 'unstable' wouldn't be back for long anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Yeah I guess the good thing about Herod is that it seems like a lot of the people passionate about Classic went there and are sticking with it, which means a very healthy server long term. If you made a Venn diagram of tourists and people who switch ASAP just to log in, there'd be a lot of overlap.
    I switched from herod to another server when they suggested it...I switched yesterday to a new server that's medium pop almost immediately...because I just want play and knowing I'm not progression raiding not worrying about guilds for now...but I'm no tourist either...will either take advantage of free or paid server transfer down the road if required...but after all that switching following Blizzard's direction still ended up in a 2 hour queue tonight.

I don't think the name reservation idea was well thought out personally but also agree with others that's its a no win for blizzard on too few / too many servers and once people have started to level or get in a guild its going to be hard to get them to move so not entirely sure what the solution is so will give them some slack because I do believe the tourists will leave as does Blizzard but maybe, just maybe the game is attracting more than even they thought (or wished for) and they will have to adjust.

Relax, they are doing the correct thing, it might tear you up now, but in a month it wont because it would have cleared out.

People dont realize it, but there is a huge number of already active BFA based subs, just trying out/goofing around in Classic, they wont for much longer, plus hype of the first few days will die down.

They arent dumb, and it was already said they dont want to open too many servers, cause then the usual "GIVE US FREE TRANSFERS ACTIIVSION 11!!1ELVENVE!!!E11!" will start appearing sooner than later.
    Last edited by potis; 2019-08-28 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

This is the thing though.
    You can't state that as the only opinion/outcome. Equally, they could have guessed initial demand correctly, opened more realms and had 30-odd ghost towns in a few weeks with folks moaning about that.

The second option gets them to a similar end point but costs them MUCH more money.

I completely understand the "how dare they have such large queues" point of view but there's the counterpoint too, appreciate both THEN form a reasonable opinion rather than table flipping over your current... slightly one-sided viewpoint.

How many servers do they open for the initial burst? 200? 2000? 20000? What then happens when the initial rush inevitably dies down? Do you see the point? It's queues for... a couple of weeks followed by reasonably populated realms or no queues and weak populations on LOTS of realms eating funding and pissing people off forever...

I know which I'd choose.
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2019-08-28 at 04:09 AM.

We had queues in 2004, with way less people /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    We had queues in 2004, with way less people /shrug
    Having worked on databases from 2006 onwards, the tech in oracle NOW vs then is... night+day
    I'd be VERY surprised if they're not running on a 12c enterprise cloud. It still can't be scaled forever though

(I'm agreeing btw, just adding flavour).

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Just to repeat - I'm fine with them opening new servers as a solution. I'd still say that 1.5k queues at p2 is better than 15k queues in p1; afterall, they'd want people caught up in the hype to have a great game experience, or even "a game experience" rather than being turned away by unreasonable queues (and anything more than 15 minutes is kinda unreasonable) and then losing potential players.
    I think the 1.5k qs are worse if you break it down. When servers are full its 1 in, 1 out. So a 10k q now on a 30k cap server is overfilled by 1/3. That 1.5k q sounds better but if server is 3k capped, that's overfilled by 1/2. Longer wait. Guess it depends on the numbers