Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ex-Denver inmate, 26, is suing the city after being forced to give birth alone

Man, I saw this news post today and this is so messed up:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...4Hje06ejpqd4Zw

This is beyond inhumane. I really hope she takes Denver to the cleaners. Give her a couple years worth of profits from taxing marijuana.

Identity theft is not a victimless crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    Doesn't matter. Denying basic health care is a human rights violation. Nobody's arguing she should've been released.

"An internal investigation determined none of the Denver County Sheriff deputies or staff at the jail did anything wrong throughout Sanchez's ordeal "

The fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEnd View Post
    And one bee has to fly about 90,000 miles – three times around the globe – just to make one pound of honey.

The average person will spend six months of their life waiting for red lights to turn green

A bolt of lightning contains enough energy to toast 100,000 slices of bread

etc.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

who gives a fuck. its a criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    "An internal investigation determined none of the Denver County Sheriff deputies or staff at the jail did anything wrong throughout Sanchez's ordeal "

The fuck?
    Bolded the problem.

Did she or the baby have medical issues? No? Why would you need anyone then? Should have thought about all this before she decided a life of crime was a good way to support her child.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowsrocks View Post
    There were two people involved in this. One of them is not a criminal. The infant deserves proper medical care, as does everyone.

That poor baby, having to be born in a dirty jail because the guards failed at their job and that their mom is a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    That poor baby, having to be born in a dirty jail because the guards failed at their job and that their mom is a POS.
    I think the issue is there could have been medical complications. Even prisoners are entitled to medical treatment.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Did she or the baby have medical issues? No? Why would you need anyone then? Should have thought about all this before she decided a life of crime was a good way to support her child.
    Ya why go to a hospital or even have any one at all to help with a birth just do it alone locked in a room!
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2019-08-29 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Ya why go to a hospital or even have any one at all to help with a birth just so it alone locked in a room!
    Republicans dream that one day all women will be required to give birth in the kitchen so they can get back to making sandwiches right after.

Do you know what her crime was after all she was in a jail not a prison. Child birth is extremely dangerous and can go wrong without proper monitoring why are you for killing her and her child?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Do you know what her crime was after all she was in a jail not a prison. Child birth is extremely dangerous and can go wrong without proper monitoring why are you for killing her and her child?
    Identity theft.
    I had to look up the difference between jail and prison, it's the same thing to me, but apparently it's not. Don't see how that's relevant though.
    There was a nurse outside, monitoring the situation and a camera, so they could (and would) have helped if it was necessary.

And yeah, killing them both was totally what I said *shakes head*

- - - Updated - - -

Ya why go to a hospital or even have any one at all to help with a birth just do it alone locked in a room!
    Well, tbh, you Americans are pussies about childbirth. Most children here are born at home, we only go to the hospital when there is a known risk or when something goes wrong. And we don't cry like babies either, nor do we all need sedatives the second a contraction starts, nor any other time. She was being monitored, she would have received care if she needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowsrocks View Post
    Somehow I'm not surprised that this thread reveals some sociopathic tendencies...

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Somehow I'm not surprised that this thread reveals some sociopathic tendencies...
    a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.
    Saying someone who doesn't need medical care, doesn't need medical care is sociopathic? If she needed it, she should have gotten it, but she didn't need it. She was being monitored, I assume the nurse knew she didn't need assistance, and seeing the outcome (healthy mom + healthy baby), he was right.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, tbh, you Americans are pussies about childbirth. Most children here are born at home, we only go to the hospital when there is a known risk or when something goes wrong. And we don't cry like babies either, nor do we all need sedatives the second a contraction starts, nor any other time. She was being monitored, she would have received care if she needed it.
    Not American and I’m just gonna call bull on pretty much every thing you posted.

Identity theft.
    I had to look up the difference between jail and prison, it's the same thing to me, but apparently it's not. Don't see how that's relevant though.
    There was a nurse outside, monitoring the situation and a camera, so they could (and would) have helped if it was necessary.

And yeah, killing them both was totally what I said *shakes head*

- - - Updated - - -

When you show a lack of regard for a pregnant mother because she is in prison... yes you seem to not give a shit about their dying.

Why do you dehumanize criminals so?

- - - Updated - - -

Not American and I’m just gonna call bull on pretty much every thing you posted.
    If they're from the Netherlands it is total bullshit.

He said most, but it was about 35% IN THE 70S which was down.

25% in 2005 and

as of 2015... drum roll........ 13% more and more mothers are going to hospitals. I mean this is easy shit to google, why would any person overtly lie about something they haven't bothered to even look up?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    I think the issue is there could have been medical complications. Even prisoners are entitled to medical treatment.
    I agree, I'm glad there wasn't any an innocent life dying because the system failed.