Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Played it a fair bit and at level 14 now. Cant play the next few days but thats ok. I refuse to nolife classic again as I did back then. NOT THIS TIME BLIZZARD!
    It will ensnare you, despite your best efforts.

.....give in.

I kinda did, but didnt yet. Im 36. I got my nostalgia kick. The first day was all about race. Second day I didnt care any more. Especially knowing the timesink this game is, Im not doing anything any more. Today I played some, but I delivered one quest and was just going back and forth between places.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    /trade
    *Warning: Cant trade items with players from another server*
    /logout BfA

/login Classic WoW
    /trade with everyone
    You can trade with everyone in your server, just like in Classic. With the added benefit that you can also trade with players from other servers that are linked to yours, so you can technically trade with more players than you can in Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well not necessarily stopping, but more like not able to play.
    It is preposterous that there's even a queue after the realm capacity increase. Makes you wonder if they added 10%.
    No, i'll be back, maybe, after things have settled down. I think it's a bad thing they lure people into subbing again just to put them into a queue of 2+ hours.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

I had queues also, they were a pain, i changed to another server and it had no queues! Like a miracle right?

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    I had queues also, they were a pain, i changed to another server and it had no queues! Like a miracle right?
    Well, to be frank, you need to expect that from a blizzard game.

They rarely had well done starts of expacs or even classic itself.

Original classic did not just have mega queues, the servers also crashed all the time.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyyte View Post
    Why is it one or the other? I'm married with a kid and a job. I played to lvl 12, gonna take a few days off. After that it'll be a few hours every other night or so.

You're NEVER going to be the best. It just won't happen. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride. Classic is just as much about socializing and doing stupid shit with friends as it is the actual gameplay. It's beautiful and I adore it. I'm not sure if i'll ever touch retail again at this point honestly.

The Quality of Life people keep whining about aren't QoL. It trivializes every achievement. If you have a million mounts, mounts are no longer special. If you can just see where exactly you have to go in a quest, you don't read the quest text and get immersed in the world. QoL feels good and important, but if you pay attention you'll quickly realize that it robs the game of any sense of struggle or challenge.
    Oh dont worry. I wont stress it. I will enjoy every zone and take my sweet time this time around. Im just saying I wont nolife it like I did 15 years ago.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBH I have been so incredibly hyped for classic since it was announce!!!! Ive been paitent and waiting... I even did all the loremaster achievements in retail so I could see all the changes and and have a dramatic experience.

My freaking boss though these past 2 weeks have been making me work 60 hours a week!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I havent even got to log on!! I get home from work and go straight to bed! ((((
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You can trade with everyone in your server, just like in Classic. With the added benefit that you can also trade with players from other servers that are linked to yours, so you can technically trade with more players than you can in Classic.
    99,999999% of the people i meet in the world of modern wow are from another server and cant trade with them though.

But is not only the ability to trade with anyone in Classic that makes the commmunity.
    Is everything else that comes up with having just one server, no queues, no teleports, no automation.

Quote Originally Posted by Apexis View Post
    QoL's were not the problem, they became the scapegoat for those that just would not come to terms with the reality that a massive part of this player base was absolute crap in every possible way. Oh, and for those that blame the no longer talking on Blizzard. People stopped talking because they got tired of being treated like crap by many other people for no other reason than they could and would be nasty to other people to feel some sense of superiority over less-skilled players. The community, not Blizzard made the bed on the level of toxic behavior they displayed to other players.
    I agree with everything you wrote, but I quoted just this paragraph because it highlights a truth that almost everyone either unintentionally overlooks, or purposely ignores: they blame Blizzard for the shortcomings of their own "community".

It's like I always said: saying LFD and LFR killed the "community" is like saying the murderer didn't kill the victim, the murder weapon did, and the murderer is innocent. A tool is not inherently "evil" nor "good". It all lies in the hands of those that use the tools.

The community have been struggling to make a proper salad, and so Blizzard gave them knives to cut their tomatoes and veggies. But instead of cutting the salad, they decided to stab each other and themselves with the knives.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Blizzard listened to people like you when they made retail wow and lost 70% of their subscribers. The least you could do is let 70% have fun now that their game is back.
    How does anything he said stop anyone else from having fun?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    Vanilla: subscriptions grew somewhat 2.5 millions per year
    TBC: subscriptions grew 2 millions per year
    WoTLK: subscription growth stopped
    When did things go wrong?

I can't believe I have to explain such simple logic. Are you like a kid thinking that only the biggest number matter? It's business 101, you dont need an MBA to know these things.
    Nothing grows forever. To be bad it should had gone down, but it didn't, it was the only expansion that had both maximum number of subscribers and an incredible stability of the player base. It was the pinnacle of WoW.

because it was slow and boring, i like the nostalgia tho but im not gonna ruin my memories

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I agree with everything you wrote, but I quoted just this paragraph because it highlights a truth that almost everyone either unintentionally overlooks, or purposely ignores: they blame Blizzard for the shortcomings of their own "community".

It's like I always said: saying LFD and LFR killed the "community" is like saying the murderer didn't kill the victim, the murder weapon did, and the murderer is innocent. A tool is not inherently "evil" nor "good". It all lies in the hands of those that use the tools.

The community have been struggling to make a proper salad, and so Blizzard gave them knives to cut their tomatoes and veggies. But instead of cutting the salad, they decided to stab each other and themselves with the knives.
    There is a big difference from communication and socialization being both mandatory and optimal AND being simply optional.

Not only is optional in modern wow to communincate and socialize, it is in fact an inconvinence to you gameplay.

The ONLY thing you can do in retail wow is be social and talk about your life...for the sake of talking bout your life with other person.

In Classic you communicate and socialize in order to play the actual game.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by quite an expert in wow View Post
    Why did you stop playing classic?
    I would expect that some people don't like the slower pace. Furthermore, you do have millions of players that have been conditioned into thinking that the end-game is the only game to be pursuing, which is completely at odds with Classic. For them, leveling is not an adventure to be enjoyed, but a barrier to the "real" game.

And that's fine. Even Blizz is perfectly happy to support both types of players. They are salivating at the notion of cheaply maintaining retail for 2 million subs and, for even less money, maintaining classic for another 1 or 2 million subs.

To those that prefer Retail over Classic, I say enjoy! I know I am enjoying Classic...there is no reason for them not to enjoy their preferences as well.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    I would expect that some people don't like the slower pace.
    I just did a quest that required of me to walk back and forth just to talk to NPC's:

RFC entrance -------> Thrall throne room --------->RFC entrance ----------> Thrall Throne room

It was hilarious, lllooooollll

I just did a quest that required of me to walk back and forth just to talk to NPC's:

RFC entrance -------> Thrall throne room --------->RFC entrance ----------> Thrall Throne room

It was hilarious, lllooooollll
    So AFK flight.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

There is a big difference from communication and socialization being both mandatory and optimal AND being simply optional.
    The fact that communication no longer being "mandatory" means the community crumbles, then it wasn't exactly a "strong community" to begin with. And who said about communication not being mandatory? In LFR/LFD, maybe, but in organized groups like normal/heroic/mythic raids and mythic/mythic+ dungeon runs? Communication is basically mandatory. You're not doing Mythic 10+ keys without communication. Not on time, at least.

Not only is optional in modern wow to communincate and socialize, it is in fact an inconvinence to you gameplay.
    False.

The ONLY thing you can do in retail wow is be social and talk about your life...for the sake of talking bout your life with other person.
    False.

In Classic you communicate and socialize in order to play the actual game.
    You have to communicate in Retail past a certain level (high M+ for example) to play the game efficiently. Even in LFG you'll find multiple M+ groups requiring discord. However the forced interaction is only needed at a highest level.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2019-08-29 at 06:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because it feels like a rly bad alpha and i remember how i hated Vanilla.