Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Atleast they aren't constantly repeating "WE ARE LEGENDS! WE ARE LEGENDS!"

Congrats to them.. but something isn't right here..
    There's still people like you that didn't realise that it was a video playing saying those things? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Sees Rag kill from Apes -> shadowbolt x20

ok m8 see you when you get a Cutting Edge then we speak about proper mechanics and difficulty.
    Lol cutting edge. I'm in a top ~500 guild in retail. Getting cutting edge is not hard even if we suck. Just because SM/Ruin happens to be the best spec for PVE dps, doesn't mean the class it self is less complicated. How hard is it to manage affliction in retail as a comparison? Just dots, moar dots and some cds/fillers in between. Really complicated stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Lol cutting edge. I'm in a top ~500 guild in retail. Getting cutting edge is not hard even if we suck. Just because SM/Ruin happens to be the best spec for PVE dps, doesn't mean the class it self is less complicated. How hard is it to manage affliction in retail as a comparison? Just dots, moar dots and some cds/fillers in between. Really complicated stuff.
    Top 500 is after everythings nerfed to shit and you have way better gear than the first guilds that killed it, so yea i can imagine its easy. Also top 500 is what, 3 months after raid release? Newsflash, rotation has never been difficult in retail or vanilla, get over it.

Remember like, a year and before ago when people would say "oh man vanilla was so hard you fuckin' scrubs wouldn't even last a day." I always thought they were talking out their ass. It feels good to have empirical proof. I played in vanilla, get rekt "it's hard"

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Top 500 is after everythings nerfed to shit and you have way better gear than the first guilds that killed it, so yea i can imagine its easy. Also top 500 is what, 3 months after raid release? Newsflash, rotation has never been difficult in retail or vanilla, get over it.
    Exactly, getting cutting edge is pretty easy. But one thing I can say is rotation is not hard in retail either. You just have to be at like 100 APM and all you have to do is spam your buttons when they light up. Let me see you tank in a classic dungeon, and come back.

I was in a guild that restarted in classic before Naxx, we did also manage to do MC and Onyxia first try in blues and grees. BWL took little effort in gearing up, but not significant. AQ event was huge grind (and BWL timed run was challenge actually, but we managed first try as well), it will be interesting who manages it first and then real difficulty started after Twin Emperors (remember Viscidus took months to kill)... So we are far from point that will be actually interesting in Classic, right now it is still about dedication

That's not true at all, top guilds do heroic splits and have a higher ilvl than most guilds who clear Mythic when they do it. Which is why they're able to do it to begin with. Fan boys will be fan boys

I remember my first MC run back in the days. I was raid-leading with a friend co-leading, and we excessively explained the boss in very great detail to every class in an about 15-20 minute speech for each boss and said, if we don't down the boss in first try there is no worries, we will simply explain the boss again. And well, what can I say... we downed every boss except Raggi first try!

Lesson learned: it is all just about explaining things well.

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    you know that you are talking absolute horseshit about retail mechanics being easier so why even post it ?
    How about threat doesn't matter, mobs hits like wet noodles(Even bosses for most part), mana/resources is not an issue( for dps at least). All you have to do is spam your buttons when they light up and move in a certain pattern and watch your timers so you can use your cds. On mythic that certain pattern is more unforgiving to mistakes. But that's it.

Exactly, getting cutting edge is pretty easy. But one thing I can say is rotation is not hard in retail either. You just have to be at like 100 APM and all you have to do is spam your buttons when they light up. Let me see you tank in a classic dungeon, and come back.
    Is tanking in classic the pinnacle of skill? hahaha, you can legit tank most dungeons as a dps since you can kite everything. If you think ur gonna sit there with ur big warrior and taunt stuff and that makes you valuable you're joking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    That's not true at all, top guilds do heroic splits and have a higher ilvl than most guilds who clear Mythic when they do it. Which is why they're able to do it to begin with. Fan boys will be fan boys
    Yea they have equal or better gear than maybe top 150-200 guilds, but if you're rank 500 guild you're definitely in better optimized gear, not even a discussion.

Well they sure are more complex than spamming Shadowbolt or frostbold nonstop like in the said video lol. Also min/maxing in reatail is lightyears ahead of classic.

Vanilla experience right here XDDDD Classic project is such a success lmao

Quote Originally Posted by buckshot View Post
    We took away that language from you ever since we whopped your ass in 1776.

I hope you like them fries boy, most of the Brits used to say Chips but you're too weak minded so you got dominated by U.S culture.

You're our lapdog, 51st state.
    The best part is, you are a one in a million dog.

The rest Americans I know are wonderful people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I'm more amazed that it took over 150 days for the originals to go down, than that people that have most likely been playing classic on p-servers for the last 5+ years, with all the information available, can take them down not too long after reaching 60. I'm way more interested in knowing how long itll take for the average raid guild to get these bosses down.
    Look at the difference in time it took, that's the power of experience, skill and information available, things none of us had the first months of original classic.

People are comparing a tool-assisted speedrun to a time where people were for the most part 'blind'.
    This guild has years of experience from private servers, they know exactly how to level as quickly as possible, what gear to get, and from where.

It's a bit funny that the first raids are killed at all within a week but can we take a step back and remember that the average player isn't even close to level 30 yet? Ya'll are using literal speedrunners, armed with every necessary addon, 100x more game knowledge than we had back in OG classic, who has played on private servers for years, killing what is essentially nerfed bosses (we're playing 1.12 after a lot of retuning of classes etc) as an example to say that classic wasn't actually tougher for the average player? You've probably died more times leveling to 25 in Classic than you've done in BFA in any non-raid content. The murlocs in redridge are probably killing more players than anything in Nazjatar, how fitting
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2019-09-01 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    I was in a guild that restarted in classic before Naxx, we did also manage to do MC and Onyxia first try in blues and grees. BWL took little effort in gearing up, but not significant. AQ event was huge grind (and BWL timed run was challenge actually, but we managed first try as well), it will be interesting who manages it first and then real difficulty started after Twin Emperors (remember Viscidus took months to kill)... So we are far from point that will be actually interesting in Classic, right now it is still about dedication
    Actually, not really. All subsequent content will be even more trivial due to phasing. Any "relevant" guild, if they can be arsed to keep farming, will be geared to teeth from the current active phase until the next content is released. Surely they require more gear, but BWL in full T1, and AQ40 in T2 won't be a piss. I'm a bit afraid of the dear naxx as well

True on that the AQ opening grind will be mental. However, depends vastly on the player retention rate.

How about threat doesn't matter, mobs hits like wet noodles(Even bosses for most part), mana/resources is not an issue( for dps at least). All you have to do is spam your buttons when they light up and move in a certain pattern and watch your timers so you can use your cds. On mythic that certain pattern is more unforgiving to mistakes. But that's it.
    Oh yeah because managing resources that will end up depleting anyway before the fight ends no matter how you do it is a lot of fun and require a lot of skill.
    Also who cares how hard mobs hit? And for what i recall ppl were bitching that mobs in Nazj were way oevrtuned when last patch launched.
    AND you can see on the video the guy lteraly spamming shadowbolt. Not saying rotation is retail is rocket science but thats simply retarded, cant even be called rotation.
    Last edited by Kendros; 2019-09-01 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    It's a bit funny that the first raids are killed at all within a week but can we take a step back and remember that the average player isn't even close to level 30 yet? Ya'll are using literal speedrunners as an example to say that classic wasn't tougher? You've probably died more times leveling to 25 in Classic than you've done in BFA in any non-raid content.
    Thing is thread is about classic raiding, no one has said retail lvling is harder, cause its a meme, but take a look again at that Rag/Ony kill, see how many 60s they have, see the gear they have, now laugh nonstop.

Is tanking in classic the pinnacle of skill? hahaha, you can legit tank most dungeons as a dps since you can kite everything. If you think ur gonna sit there with ur big warrior and taunt stuff and that makes you valuable you're joking right now.
    Haha let me see you tank as dps in ubrs dude. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I'm more amazed that it took over 150 days for the originals to go down, than that people that have most likely been playing classic on p-servers for the last 5+ years, with all the information available, can take them down not too long after reaching 60. I'm way more interested in knowing how long itll take for the average raid guild to get these bosses down.
    People are comparing a tool-assisted speedrun to a time where people were for the most part 'blind'.
    This guild has years of experience from private servers, they know exactly how to level as quickly as possible, what gear to get, and from where.

It's a bit funny that the first raids are killed at all within a week but can we take a step back and remember that the average player isn't even close to level 30 yet? Ya'll are using literal speedrunners as an example to say that classic wasn't tougher? You've probably died more times leveling to 25 in Classic than you've done in BFA in any non-raid content.
    Dying in classic has nothing to do with content being difficult, you can't outplay it. You're simply not going to kill something because you dont have any toolkit to do it. Or mobs that are inherently broken with 10% hp to 100% hp heals and no interrupts existing on many classes. Like yea i've died more during classic leveling than i do on retail, but its because i'm attempting mobs that are 6-7+ levels above mine, which sadly doesnt exist anymore on retail after the scaling was implemented.