Page 24 of 85 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who played since Vanilla I love LFR because not everybody has the skill to put together a raid team, yeah I know it kind of a cake walk difficulty but it does inspire players to work towards playing at a higher difficulty and just because we didn't have that choice doesn't mean we can shit on newer players for having the choice. If you got issues with it then don't use it....crying ass bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by Liaku View Post
    If you actually enjoy raiding then why do you need the game to force you to do it?
    Because thats how my brain works...i dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The whole LFR discussion is beaten to deep into the ground by now. My thoughts for disliking it are simply because it stands against everything what a raid should be: communicating, co-ordinating, knowing your class and role, working together to beat a difficult foe. LFR allows people to be incredibly rude and lazy as they know that bosses will die anyway. This is the kind of behaviour that should never be supported in a MMORPG. Having a super easy mode for a raid also makes the actual raid feel a lot less epic.

I think the game already has way to many raid difficulties, and LFR would be the first to go if it was up to me. We already have normal which is also stupidly easy, heroic is also not that hard until you get to the later bosses, then mythic is the only real difficult one. So maybe just do normal for casuals and mythic for the hardcore.
    Agree with you! Raids in a MMORPG should mean something. When facing Queen Ashara it should mean something more than "lul wut we died, np we get buff" while refusing to do more than bare minimum(enter raid, tunnel vision boss).

Nothing worng with LFR, especially if you work shifts, its kinda the only way to join some raids at 5am, no way in hell you can make a raid that time in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I agree with the purpose of it

The problem is that it has become what war mode is

A system people abuse for upgrades and complain about it not being easy enough or rewarding enough

Literally had an argument with someone who complained that LFR didn't give enough rewards and they didn't want to go for higher levels because "it takes too much time" when in reality you can clear normal in the time it takes to get half of LFR done
    If that is really their complaint thats on them for being stupid, not the game. If they want more from raiding than LFR gives they literally have 3 other tiers to work towards, if they don't want to devote the time to that then they need to play another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Nothing worng with LFR, especially if you work shifts, its kinda the only way to join some raids at 5am, no way in hell you can make a raid that time in the morning.
    Australia would like to know your location.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Then here is a helpful tip: DOn't step into LFR. Immediately step into mythic. You'll get that feeling. Problem solved.
    What I mean is that there's nothing unique about raid environments anymore because people are just solo-queuing and clearing them in a few hours.

The whole epic feeling from old raids comes from invading a major enemy stronghold as a giant organized group. I don't really know how to describe it but that unique feeling of awe when stepping into raids like Ulduar, Black temple, Sunwell, etc. is just non-existent anymore. Even new people who join the game do not regard raids as a heroic feat.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont hate LFR, but it should only be active for the PREVIOUS tier, As BoD came out, Uldir LFR should open. Want to see content earlier? Go and do a normal raid.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

people forget how trashy the raiding community can get. dkp,(your're a slave until you've earned enough points to not be considered one)masterloot,several hours scheduled weekly events(tied to the first 2 examples).

that's above and beyond what the average person is willing to go through when doing something classed as entertainment.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

LFG/LFR literally marks the beginning of the end of an era of social behavior in WoW. Its the point where Blizzard jumped the shark, nothing was ever the same after.

I think WOW is the only game where the LFR creator himself said it was his biggest failure ever, yet all the grandmas were praising it like it was some Magnum Opus from Ghostcrawler himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    people forget how trashy the raiding community can get. dkp,(your're a slave until you've earned enough points to not be considered one)masterloot,several hours scheduled weekly events(tied to the first 2 examples).

that's above and beyond what the average person is willing to go through when doing something classed as entertainment.
    Good point... No wonder bowling leagues, curling leagues, adult sports leagues, trivia leagues, book clubs, mens fraternities, etc. don't exist. People hate scheduling hobbies to spend that time with people that appreciate the similar things... People also hate having season tickets to sports events or scheduling a time to see a movie...

Great take man!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazukinoyaiba View Post
    I think WOW is the only game where the LFR creator himself said it was his biggest failure ever, yet all the grandmas were praising it like it was some Magnum Opus from Ghostcrawler himself.
    Because people refuse to believe in something.
    They refuse to believe "adversity" in videogames is actually a good thing.
    They think "choice" and "accessibility" in videogames as something exclusively good...when in fact, choice and accessibility CAN be awful to a videogame.

Just like the story of Adam and Eve...exactly like the story of Adam and Eve...
    They lived in an utopian world...and still went for the forbidden fruit.

WoW:BfA created a utopian world without adversity, too much choice and too much accessibility...

"We" need adversity in videogames. Too much accessibility and choice removes the "game" out of the game.

(just realized im giving analogies of the Bible...this has gone too far i dont know other examples of "utopian worlds gone wrong")

Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    Good point... No wonder bowling leagues, curling leagues, adult sports leagues, trivia leagues, book clubs, mens fraternities, etc. don't exist. People hate scheduling hobbies to spend that time with people that appreciate the similar things... People also hate having season tickets to sports events or scheduling a time to see a movie...

Great take man!
    totally the same thing.. nice try guy.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    The creator of LFR agrees with me.
    First off he wasn't the only one who made LFR, You do realize he had a team right?

Second his word doesn't mean shit and he doesn't work for blizzard anymore.

Maybe you should go play classic if you hate LFR so much.

LFR has been in WoW longer than it hasn't, People like you need to learn to not bite the hand that feeds you.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Maybe you should go play classic if you hate LFR so much.
    Most people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Most people are.
    Fine by me.

99% of the Playerbase could go play Classic and stay there if they want. I'm perfectly fine with the toxic shitheads leaving retail.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with the toxic shitheads leaving retail.
    And yet, you sound so pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    And yet, you sound so pleasant.
    And why should I be pleasant to the group of people who get salty because of LFR?

Classic is right there, If someone has a problem with LFR go play Classic.

I'm not against LFR. But I am against AFK no brain raids. You know how many stacks you need on the first boss for it to start getting dangerous? Around 40. I don't want to know that, but now I do. There should not be LFR tier, normal should be LFR. Yeah, there will be more wipes and less people will participate, but it's not something that even the most incapable player is unable to do. Especially with resolve buff. Would also help with ilvl bloat, having to do an item squish every other expansion is retarded.