Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iETHOSi View Post
    Please explain how exploits were involved, lol. Unless you don't know the meaning of the word exploit?
    Find it strange when people call abusing the layering system exploiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    People were exploiting the crap out of 10 manning dungeons and getting absurd XP from doing it.
    There was that, but they didn't know it was exploiting. I even did some ZF raids, then found out a few hours later a patch was incoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I just want to make sure people understand the most obvious 2 points what make Classic easy overall.

2004: 4 FPS and 2000ms latency.
    2019: 60(+) FPS and 31 latency.

This difference is incredibly large. In ‘04 it could be that guilds were just as capable as they are today. However, your computer killed you. Low FPS meant you already saw some things late. High latency meant you cast your heal in time, but your character in game did not.

In ‘19, you see your tanks HP drop the millisecond it actually drops. You press your heal and it immediately casts. On top of that all, these improvements allow for massive DPS increases because you’re not being stabbed in the back by your latency delays.

Hardware plays an incredibly large factor into a player’s ability to perform. Plain and simply, no one in the world would clear any retail content, ever, if we were all running on our ‘04 internet and computers. It would all, quite literally, be impossible, due to strict time constraints on so many abilities.
    Interesting take. Also, WoW was dialup-friendly back in 2004, so people played WoW on dialup.

Please explain how exploits were involved, lol. Unless you don't know the meaning of the word exploit?
    They were intentionally layerhopping to farm reputation to get to Ragnaros.

Quote Originally Posted by Zentail View Post
    I just want to make sure people understand the most obvious 2 points what make Classic easy overall.

2004: 4 FPS and 2000ms latency.
    2019: 60(+) FPS and 31 latency.
    My 700-800$ computer build ran WoW at 40-60fps fine in 2005 and it wasn't nearly a high end build. I don't know what kind of computer you played with if it had 4 fps.

People were exploiting the crap out of 10 manning dungeons and getting absurd XP from doing it.
    You do know that most dungeons in vanilla were capped at 10 players, right? The only ones that weren't were BRD, Strat, Scholo and DM, which were 5.
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

You do know that most dungeons in vanilla were capped at 10 players, right? The only ones that weren't were BRD, Strat, Scholo and DM, which were 5.
    I get that, but they had an xp penalty attached to them which was not attached to them in Classic until recently with the hotfix.

10+ Year Old Account
    The XP was bugged though.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    My 700-800$ computer build ran WoW at 40-60fps fine in 2005 and it wasn't nearly a high end build. I don't know what kind of computer you played with if it had 4 fps.
    I think he was talking averages, of coarse there were people out there that had good gaming rigs. But now you can buy a $150-200 Walmart PC and game at medium settings and have much better internet on average now. I had a decent PC back then, but live in a small rural town our internet was pretty bad.

I get that, but they had an xp penalty attached to them which was not attached to them in Classic until recently with the hotfix.
    How come Esfand's and Asmongold's groups were leveling so slow before APES got their kills? Just poor execution by them? Sure seemed like there was an XP penalty in effect.
    120 | 110 | 110 | 110 | 101 | 101 | 101 | 100
    91 | 91 | 80 | 70 | 70 | 60 | 60

10+ Year Old Account
    How come Esfand's and Asmongold's groups were leveling so slow before APES got their kills? Just poor execution by them? Sure seemed like there was an XP penalty in effect.
    They're not good players who get distracted easily, and probably had nonoptimal groups.

Esfand's and Asmongold's groups
    Sorry i couldnt read after this

Look, I could care less that someone killed the only raids available and are now done with the game. I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride and take my time Ill hit 60 in a month or 2 and have much more fun than they did blasting though it to now have nothing to do. I was just replying to how they leveled so fast, if it wasn't an issue then Blizzard would not have had a reason to Hotfix the Raid XP penalty. Streamers have fans to think of and take care or or take advantage of depending on the streamer so 10 manning dungeons makes sense even if it's not the most efficient.

Not sure why you are debating official blue posts,

https://www.wowhead.com/news=294854/...s-of-6-or-more

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    The week 1 kill is explained by exploiting early and exploiting often.
    even without 10man dungeon farming it wouldve happend. Just 1 day later.
    Theyve done it be4 on private servers that both had raid penalty active AND dungeon mobs only gave 2x exp instead of the 2.5x on retail.
    And on private servers the mindcontrolled buff doesnt give nearly as much fireres as it does in classic so rag becomes significantly harder.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Meanwhile Method wiped a dozen of time on Majordomo and had to disband the raid on Ragnaros because they decided to use all their consumes on the first try (they only had enough for one try) instead of practicing the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    He is talking average player, its the same as steam charts report every couple of years, and you see stuff like "Integrated GPU 20%" or "2 cores, 30%".

Reality is much worst actually with stuff like "Macbook Pro" gamers being a huge amount etc.

2005 wasnt any different ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Senko View Post
    Not sure why you are debating official blue posts,

https://www.wowhead.com/news=294854/...s-of-6-or-more

Go watch their stream, they didn't farm dungeon with 10man raid until blackrockspire which is a 10man dungeon....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by collax View Post
    Meanwhile Method wiped a dozen of time on Majordomo and had to disband the raid on Ragnaros because they decided to use all their consumes on the first try (they only had enough for one try) instead of practicing the fight.
    Source (you'll probably say a stream), not saying I don't believe you, I'm just wondering if there is a site to get all this information about what guilds are currently in MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Source (you'll probably say a stream), not saying I don't believe you, I'm just wondering if there is a site to get all this information about what guilds are currently in MC.
    Pugs are.

A mix of 4 guilds got majordomo a few hours ago on US side, and acting like its hard for their viewers, buffing each other took more than the fight itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/